Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 271

I'm curious as to who the Republicans are gonna blame for losing the presidential election...

:iconced75:
Ced75 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I've already been reading this for a while, but now that Obama won the second term, the blame game has started. Who's to blame for Romney losing? Romney himself? The Tea Party? Chris Christie? Themselves?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongluzzmunk:
gluzzmunk Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Lots and lots of reasons that are solely based on opinion and facts mixed together from random people all over the world.
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Probably calling this so-called 47% of America, who according to Romney, needs to use government welfare to protect their family from starvation and give their children a future lazy ass bums had something to do with it. I have never known someone who won an election by calling the half of their population idiots.
:iconndifference:
ndifference Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Professional Writer
Santorum just blamed the "homosexual cabal."
:iconh-irsch:
h-irsch Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Anybody not of their religion?
:iconi-am-a-retro-lass:
i-am-a-retro-lass Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
they are definitely going to blame twitter. xx
:iconragerancher:
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
Republicans have never bothered to cater to minority groups but white people are no longer a majority in the USA and their % of the total population is going to shrink even further. If Republicans think they can still get into office without making any effort to get minority votes then they can kiss goodbye to Congress and the presidency because it will be an uphill struggle from here.

They have only themselves to blame. They thought that playing the rigid, uncompromising act would get them into office. It failed and if they keep it up for another 4 years, they will fail again and will keep failing as their voter base shrinks.
:icontrorbes:
Trorbes Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
The Republican party is still convinced that the only voter demographic of interest is the straight white male. This is why they had no problem with dismissing - if not outright insulting - women, gays, and non-whites and the issues which pertain to those groups, and generally acting like their own narrow self-interests are the only things which matter.

They'll continue to blame the Democrats for 'pandering' to 'minority voters,' but as the straight white male vote becomes much less significant to the overall vote, they'll need to adapt, or else die an ignoble, lonely death.
:icongalacticgoat:
GalacticGoat Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Based on what I've already seen in this forum they're blaming the ignorant/bums which are people that don't pay income tax or something equally ridiculous since they're convince anyone that's against republican is so on the basis they want free handout rather then... ya know... because the republicans are a group of detached old fart that don't understand how a country works and therefore have no room running a country.
:icondkalban:
Dkalban Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
meanus et al are in denial, and I dont mean the one in Egypt.

Its THEIR insane antics that drove people away from them
:icongalacticgoat:
GalacticGoat Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Indeed :/. I love how our local republitards just can't accept it their attitude that's chasing people away, not anything Obama is doing.

Obama could have said 0 this entire election and I still think he would have been re-elected based solely on the shit Romney and his ilk said in regards to stuff like low income people, rape, healthcare, gay marriage and other sensitive subjects.

Really just goes to show how much of manchildren they are. They can't even accept that they could have a hand in their failures, nope, its always everyone else being dumb! Because ya know women totally vote for Obama because they want handouts not because the representative of the republicans say stupid shit like women's don't get pregnant from "legitimate" rape because their bodies insta reject embryos after rape :| no couldn't be related to saying something so blatantly rapist apologetic and misogynistic.
Dkalban Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Yep!
:icontacosteev:
tacosteev Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist
Probably the postal service. Military absentee ballots were delivered late due to an earlier mis-delivering (is that even a word?) and might have swung the election in Romney's favor.

[link]
:iconthe-golden-knight:
The-Golden-Knight Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
The answer, my friend, is the Electoral College - and Popular Vote. Simply put, commoners want us to become the next Soviet Union, apparently.
:iconmondu:
mondu Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
In other words, Romney lost because of democracy.
The-Golden-Knight Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
In a sense. I don't know how "democratic" the Electoral College is, however. I am skeptical about them, to be honest, as I'm always scrutinizing government in general, but that relates more to the direction the USA is heading as opposed to who won the Presidency.
:iconroycura:
RoyCura Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Just to play the devil's advocate, didn't Bush beat Al Gore with the electoral vote in 2000?
The-Golden-Knight Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Aye. And people hate Bush, ya? Supposedly, he accelerated our descent, and therefore Obama will follow suit. Why? Because that is the apparent job of the Electoral College. The Popular Vote says we consent to this person accelerating us towards descent.

Or that is my interpretation of our modern-day politics. :shrug:
mondu Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
Obama also won the popular vote.
The-Golden-Knight Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
That just means the common people consent to his direction towards our downfall. It doesn't matter who wins or which faction you support. They're all ugly.
:iconmgonzales041090:
mgonzales041090 Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Oh god...
The-Golden-Knight Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
My reaction exactly.
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Even I can't understand this one.
Dkalban Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I dont know if hes being sarcastic or not
Not.
EEK!
What?
That he might actually be that crazy!
(1 Reply)
:iconwingdiamond:
WingDiamond Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
They didn't communicate their message effectively!
You mean their message of hate, fear and classwarfare on the 99%
:iconwingdiamond:
WingDiamond Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Not to mention selling out to the Religitardic wack-jobs!
yep
mondu Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
A recent yahoo article stated it was Romney's LACK OF MONEY.
:iconempiredice:
empiredice Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
You've got to be kidding. Tell me you're kidding. Please.
:iconmeanus:
meanus Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
nobody to blame...so many people are on welfare and food stamps now, they are scared they will lose their handouts if Obama loses. Its a bum society now
:iconladysuzaku:
LadySuzaku Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Blaming themselves would be effectively accepting responsibility for their failings and screw-ups. Which would lead them to accept the reality that they will have to change the way they run their party.

And they can't do that. They won't admit they screwed up. It would lead to them having to change. And they don't WANT to change. They feel 'safer' in their denial and ignorance. But in the end, it's self-defeating and it cost them the election.
The GOP is insane....
:iconced75:
Ced75 Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It'll collapse like a house of cards soon enough. Just watch.
yeah
:iconreaperchris13:
Reaperchris13 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Student Artist
Idk but whatever they've been doing it just shows their total ignorance. Whether it be saying capitalism does not redistribute wealth, we need to learn to speak Islamic (Apparently....), America is fucked, Obama raised Government Spending by 20%, too many blacks were allowed to vote, and many things in between. It is no wonder that Republicans lost when you see what their base has to say after losing. Just a bunch of Butt Hurt Bitches.
:iconebolabears:
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
Victoria Jackson

Former "Saturday Night Live" star and comedian Victoria Jackson made headlines over the past year for some controversial comments, including a suggestion on her Internet talk show "Politichicks" that 1President Obama is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood and suggestions on "The Howard Stern Show" that gay marriage will "make God mad."

After Obama's victory, Jackson, in a flurry of Internet posts, announced the death of America, telling her followers that she "can't stop crying," and taking Christians to task for not voting.

"America died," she wrote on her Twitter feed.2 "I can't stop crying. America died."

Jackson also posted on her Facebook page an image of a tombstone that said, "RIP America."

Later, she tweeted, 3"Thanks a lot Christians, for not showing up. You disgust me."

Probably a big reason why the Republicans lost. They're not in touch with reality.

Somehow the right to vote is meaningless if your side/preference doesn't win.
Again, out of touch with reality.

Apparently all the christians that voted Obama do not count.
:icontehbigd:
tehbigd Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
2 "I can't stop crying. America died."
Patton Oswald, bless his Hobbit-like soul, responded with: "How nice! You've re-named your brain America!"
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
hahahahahaa!
:iconladysuzaku:
LadySuzaku Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
:lol:

I posted a response and told her that comments like that made her look weak.
:iconrockstar1009:
rockstar1009 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Shameless self-quoting here:

As soon as the polls closed, Bill O'Reilly started blaming Hurricane Sandy. An Act of God. Giving the Democrat the victory. AN ACT OF GOD. I guess we know whose side God is on this time. WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW, CONS? :la:
:iconragerancher:
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
O'rly also had the nerve to claim he is "fair and balanced" yet after the election there is a video titled "What the heck happened last night". What a clown.
YES!
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
Some are actually blaming Christie in NJ, which shows how laughably out of touch the 'leadership' for the right wing is.

The Republicans lost because they could only call on, cater to, and communicate with right/far right white religious dummies.

They lost the black vote (and not because Obama might be a little black), they lost the Latino vote (who are religious), they lost most of the female vote with their war on women, they lost the middle class vote with their penchant to suck corporate/billionaire cock, and despite their fanatical pro-Israel stance they even lost the Jewish vote.

I know the Muslim vote isn't a big key to the election, but they probably lost that too.

Obama won the youngest voters too. That's good for blue, bad for red.

I voted Gary Johnson and I am hoping his group hit the 5% mark so they're on all ballots in 2016.
:iconouroboroscobra:
OuroborosCobra Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Gary Johnson was on ballots in my state.
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
I think he made it to 47 or something. Not sure.

But the 5% showing would make Libertarians and automatic ballot presence instead of needing to get signatures all over again.

NJ must have really easy to meet standards because I had every third party on the ballot.
Including the white power Third Position people.

Since they didn't hit the 5% mark they have to do the longer application process again in 2016.
:iconunvalanced:
Unvalanced Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Gary Johnson got 1% of the vote. Which doesn't sound like much, but Romney lost the popular vote by 2%, and historically libertarian candidates usually get around .3% of the vote.

(I considered voting Johnson, but ultimately elected to vote for an imaginary person. It better suited my disdain for the election.)
Add a Comment: