Pessimism Ahoy! The future of the US!

So Obama won and while there's thunderous applause from his supporters naturally, many of his critics are feeling that since his re-election he will more than likely continue to further rape this country of ours. So what kind of terrible things can we expect in the next four years?
Comments60
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Is this where they're handing out the tinfoil hats?
I doubt too much will change. I think the country's situation will improve gradually, economically and socially. Obama is not perfect by any means, but America can build off of early developments in Obama's first erm.
I bet martial law will be declared and trans-pacific partnership be initiated, severely limiting freedoms of speech and the Internet.
Whatever the government does, they will still be hated, perhaps even more should another civil war erupt. I'm pretty sure even if martial law is declared I don't think every single soldier will go along with such a plan. They are still human after all.
Inflation, high energy prices (Obama himself said his energy policies would cause rates to skyrocket), government control over one's private life, just to name a few.

But hey, as long as some people get their three squares a day, why should they care if other people suffer.
I honestly would like to see the government try and enslave society. They're only going to piss off the hornet's nest and the end result will not be pretty.
Try? They already have, chum. If you look, the examples of it are out there.
Such as with the FEMA camps and what not. Please they're just asking for resistance and I would absolutely love for those pricks to come up to my house one day and load me onto that bus. If I can't even be allowed to live as a free man then feel free to brand me as a criminal because I just don't care anymore.
The same thing that has been going on since the Cold War. What else?
Goes to show that maybe we deserve all of this for being so stupid. :(
Also, you're posting this on a forum full of Westerners who have a rather western-centric view of politics.

Also, deviantART is like the worst site to come to for Politics.
Can't be any worse than IMDB. Death threats all over the damn place (at least from when I lasted checked).
I don't really pay attention to IMDB comments so I can't say for sure.
All the terrible things on this list: [link]
His executive acts point to it.

He is condensing power, and if he uses it, not much can be done - it's his second term, and here, that's the last and final. So whatever he does, lets hope the U.S doesn't explode from it.
Either way if shit hits the fan hopefully there will be resistance from the people (me I'll just sit back and blast anyone that's enters my yard). :D Imagine seeing something like that on Youtube?
The point is Romney did NOT get elected, which is the last thing your deteriorating country needs. :roll:
I never had faith in either one of them.
Comment Flagged as Spam
So the cliff wouldn't be there if Romney had got in?
Funny you say that considering so far, everyone else in the republican party who mentioned rape (in it's literal and figurative manner) have lost so much credibility afterward >.>
Both parties I feel to be nothing more than outer garbage and I find the old method of choosing the lesser of two evils doesn't seem to be helping this country.
Personally I don't like the party system as it is, especially since it seems the only way you can really get into office is declaring yourself a democrat or republican. Why do our beliefs have to be categorized? It seems like even if you do get into office, you are expected to follow the beliefs of your party, and not have your own mind on things.
When Clinton was reelected there were talk about how he'll do whatever he wants because he won't have to worry about another election. It didn't happen. Same thing with GW and the same will be true with Obama. There were plenty of doomsday predictions about the previous four years that were foretold before he took office. They didn't happen. I think in the next four years America will continue in its positive trend.