Closed to new replies
November 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 60

Pessimism Ahoy! The future of the US!

:iconzigholtul88:
Zigholtul88 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
So Obama won and while there's thunderous applause from his supporters naturally, many of his critics are feeling that since his re-election he will more than likely continue to further rape this country of ours. So what kind of terrible things can we expect in the next four years?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Is this where they're handing out the tinfoil hats?
:iconcreamstar:
Creamstar Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
I doubt too much will change. I think the country's situation will improve gradually, economically and socially. Obama is not perfect by any means, but America can build off of early developments in Obama's first erm.
:iconartman40:
Artman40 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
I bet martial law will be declared and trans-pacific partnership be initiated, severely limiting freedoms of speech and the Internet.
Whatever the government does, they will still be hated, perhaps even more should another civil war erupt. I'm pretty sure even if martial law is declared I don't think every single soldier will go along with such a plan. They are still human after all.
:iconsonrouge:
sonrouge Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
Inflation, high energy prices (Obama himself said his energy policies would cause rates to skyrocket), government control over one's private life, just to name a few.

But hey, as long as some people get their three squares a day, why should they care if other people suffer.
I honestly would like to see the government try and enslave society. They're only going to piss off the hornet's nest and the end result will not be pretty.
:iconsonrouge:
sonrouge Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
Try? They already have, chum. If you look, the examples of it are out there.
Such as with the FEMA camps and what not. Please they're just asking for resistance and I would absolutely love for those pricks to come up to my house one day and load me onto that bus. If I can't even be allowed to live as a free man then feel free to brand me as a criminal because I just don't care anymore.
:icondragonquestwes:
DragonQuestWes Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
The same thing that has been going on since the Cold War. What else?
Goes to show that maybe we deserve all of this for being so stupid. :(
Also, you're posting this on a forum full of Westerners who have a rather western-centric view of politics.

Also, deviantART is like the worst site to come to for Politics.
Can't be any worse than IMDB. Death threats all over the damn place (at least from when I lasted checked).
I don't really pay attention to IMDB comments so I can't say for sure.
:iconjeysie:
Jeysie Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
All the terrible things on this list: [link]
:iconanatarakentara:
AnataraKentara Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
His executive acts point to it.

He is condensing power, and if he uses it, not much can be done - it's his second term, and here, that's the last and final. So whatever he does, lets hope the U.S doesn't explode from it.
Either way if shit hits the fan hopefully there will be resistance from the people (me I'll just sit back and blast anyone that's enters my yard). :D Imagine seeing something like that on Youtube?
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
The point is Romney did NOT get elected, which is the last thing your deteriorating country needs. :roll:
I never had faith in either one of them.
:iconnovuso:
Novuso Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
With the fiscal cliff coming America is going to have buyers remorse real soon with re-electing Obama.
:iconladiespet:
ladiespet Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
So the cliff wouldn't be there if Romney had got in?
:iconkittythenekoalien:
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Funny you say that considering so far, everyone else in the republican party who mentioned rape (in it's literal and figurative manner) have lost so much credibility afterward >.>
Both parties I feel to be nothing more than outer garbage and I find the old method of choosing the lesser of two evils doesn't seem to be helping this country.
:iconkittythenekoalien:
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Personally I don't like the party system as it is, especially since it seems the only way you can really get into office is declaring yourself a democrat or republican. Why do our beliefs have to be categorized? It seems like even if you do get into office, you are expected to follow the beliefs of your party, and not have your own mind on things.
:icontacosteev:
tacosteev Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist
When Clinton was reelected there were talk about how he'll do whatever he wants because he won't have to worry about another election. It didn't happen. Same thing with GW and the same will be true with Obama. There were plenty of doomsday predictions about the previous four years that were foretold before he took office. They didn't happen. I think in the next four years America will continue in its positive trend.
I hope so I really do.
Me too. When the president does well we all do well.
Still there's a part of me that feels like there's little hope left in this country. Our education is getting worse, our entertainment is getting worse, heck even most of the people are getting worse. I really don't know how to feel about all this.
:iconabcat:
AbCat Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012   Writer
Terrible things like an improved economy, universal healthcare, more stable foreign relations, more rights for women and gay people, better public schooling, higher minimum wages, lower crime, and less homeless people? Yeah.
I wanna pray that he'll go ahead and make those promises come to fruition because there's a part of me that still believes that this country can recover from the ever piling mess, both economically and I have to make a strike for this, a good chunk of our media. Some of it is quite atrocious.
:iconabcat:
AbCat Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012   Writer
The only thing that's preventing this from happening so far is the outrageous filibustering in the House of Representatives. Republicans seem determined to either own American politics, or destroy it, in order that their agenda is not contradicted.
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
We can expect lunatic Republicans to be thrown out of Congress. And then? Progress.
:iconempiredice:
empiredice Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
Though I really hope not, realistically we can probably expect more abuse of the filibuster, which in turn may lead to some very bad things.
I'm just gonna have no choice but to lay back and see where else we can go from here.
:iconempiredice:
empiredice Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
No no see that's bad! We have to speak up to help the president and educate the morons that actually believe right-wing finger pointing lies. The fact that the race was close at all, not to mention the still overwhelmingly red house, shows that we have not done this nearly enough.
Mate I don't even know anymore.
:iconrockstar1009:
rockstar1009 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
For starters, freedom from rape. :dummy:
We have guns and all sorts of weaponry at our disposable. Plus I wanna believe that should a revolution come about in this country that the government won't just start dropping bombs on cities. Just imagine the out lash they would receive from other countries.
:iconrockstar1009:
rockstar1009 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
What the Hell are you on about? :|
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Aaaaand now even more of the lunatic right rears its misshapen head.
We talking about legitimate rape?
:iconartman40:
Artman40 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
If you have an airport security license, it's already legal.
:no: I hate the TSA...but I like flying more.
:iconmeganmissfit:
MeganMissfit Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Student Digital Artist
[link] ^_^
:lol:
:iconwwwjam:
wwwjam Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I'm just going to hope Obama proves me wrong in regards to what I think of him. If I can't keep a glass-half-full attitude about it, all I'll see is the U.S. spiraling further and further out of control.
:iconpuzzledheartbox:
PuzzledHeartBox Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
Yes, healthcare is raping a country :roll:

I salute Mr.Obama and wish him best of luck with his Obamacare project :).
If anything this was the general vibe I've gotten from many of the comments on Youtube over Obama's re-election. Honestly I do wish the best for this country. I really want this land to become strong again. However I would probably be a fool for believing in a dream that others would consider to be nothing more than a false hope.
:iconcorvalian:
Corvalian Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
Strong relative to who?

We're still by and large the "strongest" country in the world, with probably at least twice as many nukes as anyone else and at least thirty times more aircraft carriers than the runner up.
Believing YouTube comments was your first mistake ;)

Many news organization spreads misinformation or takes things out of context for their agenda.

I wouldn't say Obama is a great president but I think he's doing an OK job. I wish him luck because his success is America's success too!
I've stopped watching the news and a majority of television altogether. There is just way too much crap going on. Granted there are a few gems here and there and thank goodness for Youtube for all my entertainment needs, but that's all in a vast sea of filth. Oh well, better off just focusing on the better things in life.
Add a Comment: