It's a Good Night for Liberals (Not just the Presidential Election!)

We all know by now President Obama has cinched the election. But there is so much more news across the boards for liberals all across America. Just a few examples:

:bulletblue: Todd Akin, the man famous for the "legitimate rape" comments, has lost to Claire McCaskin: [link]

:bulletblue: As well as Richard Mourdock, the man that said God "intended rape"; [link]

:bulletblue: Tammy Baldwin, the first gay senator, has been elected in Wisconsin: [link]

:bulletblue: Colorado legalized marijuana! [link]

:bulletblue: And finally, Maryland and Maine legalized gay marriage! [link] [link]

Thoughts about these nation changing wins tonight?
Comments189
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Seeing that fuckface Joe Walsh thrown out basically made it an awesome night for me. Allen West- another fucktard tea bag asshole nobody will miss. Buh bye! It was a great night for freedom. A vicious, hateful, filthy ideology was SMASHED dead in its tracks. Conservatism failed and the tea baggers have been thoroughly discredited. The nation is moving forward, out of a dark and violent past. Mitt Romney doesn't have it so bad, either. He can now retire to one of four mansions- or leave the country altogether and go live in Europe where all his money is stashed. Too bad all his toothless supporters can't afford that lifestyle. But oh well, they chose to support a movement that CLEARLY had their interests in mind, eh?
Amen. :clapping: It was a great night indeed.
I'm pleased that it is no longer socially acceptable to be a bigot.
YOU HAD ONE JOB AMERICA.

AND YOU DID IT.
AND there's a chance (perhaps a small one) that some Judges on the Supreme Court could retire
I believe that three Justices are set to retire within Obama's term. This would lead to three liberal judges on the bench to replace them, creating a liberal majority. As Supreme Court justices are hired for life (or until retirement), this would be a major thorn in the right's side.
I hate that everyone misinterprets the Murdock quote. He wasnt saying God "intended rape." He was basically saying "if one gets pregnant from rape, it's God's will and thus she shouldn't abort it.". Which is fucking worse that he said that in my opinion, and I prefer people being pissed at people for the correct reasons.

And on that note, thank fuck he's outta there. The cuntbag deserved to be out.
You can not magically get pregnant without some form of copulation. To intend someone gets pregnant, you have to have a means as well, so the second saying becomes the first.
I don't think it's that black and white. But I can't quite articulate why that is.
I'm going to assume the reason why is because you wish it wasn't that simple. :B
No, I just don't feel it's that black and white. My head is just too full of metal dust and plasticizer fumes to really think straight at the moment.
I can wait for your answer.
I'm quite pleased with the gay marriage and marijuana legalization. I'm happy about the other people who were elected, but I'm just relieved more people are becoming more accepting of same-sex couples and legal marijuana.
Best quote all night "McCaskill legitimately raped todd akin in the polls" and yeah CO already passed medical marijuana laws, but now in CO weed is completely legal without a card, first state ever.
Didn't legalization pass in Washington also?
im not sure the terms of WA, i think it's 100% legal there as well
Everything is improving, little by little. It's a very good thing.
Well, two states just improved equality in their area by allowing gay marriage and the first gay...well...openly gay senator was just elected. How is that not considered improvement?
have you noticed gas prices lately...the national debt maybe...how about the massive increase in the poverty rate....foodstamps are costing the taxpayers obscene dollars...unemployment is still sky high with no signs of slowing down....we are still dropping bombs on brown people....government remains in gridlock....57 percent of latino households are on welfare