Results

After months of bickering about what would happen, now for the bickering about the aftermath.

:iconshitstormplz::iconantoinedodsonplz: HIDE YO KIDS, HIDE YO WIFE
Comments171
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Also - the Super PACs seem to have amounted to sod all. Billionaires pumped enough money into the campaigns to overshadow some countries' GDP, and what happened?

Obama won, and Dems held 53 Senate seats. Sheldon Adelson am cry. :cries:
The excuses have begun. Fox News is blaming the liberal media. Pundits swooning over Romney turned on him as a weak candidate and ineffective campaigner (when the same pundits were treating him as the second coming of Reagan last week).

As soon as the polls closed, Bill O'Reilly started blaming Hurricane Sandy. An Act of God. Giving the Democrat the victory. AN ACT OF GOD. I guess we know whose side God is on this time. WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW, CONS? :la:
WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW, CONS?
Partying in Chicago, it seems.
Honestly, I doubt God gives two shits about politics.
Honestly, it's a joke kiddo.
Considering this was billed as the "closest election in decades" it's really not turned out much closer than the last.

I have my faith restored a little in American morality. In the end this election was over the granting of a mandate to wealthy, white, christian men to bully anyone less well-off than themselves; to deny healthcare, marriage, and basic rights to millions of people already disempowered by republicans. I'm just glad enough people saw it this way.
Here in California, I'm watching Prop 30, which at the moment is behind 48% to 52% with 20% of precincts reporting. If it fails, we will see draconian across-the-board budget cuts in all areas where the legislature is free to cut. (A good portion of California's budget is mandated by previous referendums.) This is a temporary sales tax increase on certain items (excluding food and fuel) and income tax increase on those earning more than $250k.

It's of some concern to me, because with one severely disabled son and one autistic son, I rely heavily on certain state programs that will probably suffer if Prop 30 doesn't pass.

The news that the NO campaign was apparently funded by an out of state organization which concealed the true sources of its money via multiple shell organizations, amounting to what's been called a "political money laundering scheme" and contrary to California election law, which requires transparency about campaign donors, broke just this morning, but it may have come too late to make much of a difference. [link]
It passed. Good. Jerry Brown is doing exactly the tax increase + spending cuts combination the state needs to get us out of the hole Schwarzenegger left us in. Now if only the federal government had the balls to do the same.
Obama now takes the popular vote as well as the 300-point electoral vote threshold.
ROMNEY CONCEDES TO OBAMA :iconlaplz:
Maine has voted to allow same sex marriage. :la:
CNN calls Virginia for Obama. Still waiting for Romney to concede before I go to bed.
He's speaking right now, presumably to give his concession. He sounds defeated. I can't help but feel bad for him.
He seems to have dead eyes to me. I feel like he's either been crying or gone without sleep for days (likely the latter but maybe both), then just used a shitload of visine to flush the red away.

I can't put my finger on it, but his eyes seem weird. Defeated indeed. :hmm:
Looks a bit strange to me too, but sleep deprivation will do that. Reasonably classy speech, though.
Massachusetts seems to have voted to legalize medical marijuana.
Colorado and Washington legalizes emjay! :la::weed:
There were several legalization measures gathering signatures in California, but none of them made it to the ballot. Almost moot where I live, where a script is yours for the asking from almost any MD and unless you're selling to kids, marijuana is officially the lowest law enforcement priority, but it would have been good to see it win.
Colorado now to Obama per Fox. Obama now to 290. Even if Ohio swings back to Romney, Obama still has the win in the bag now. Inching closer to 300.
Nevada to Obama. Now up to 281 on Fox.
Romney apparently knew he would lose Ohio, but he still didn't prepare a concession speech? :lol:

[link]
Very curious on how many voted for Gary Johnson, or even write-ins for Ron Paul still.
I voted for Johnson. I knew he wasn't gonna win, but I didn't want Romney or Obama getting my vote.
Romney is a twat, and I'm not impressed with Obama's first term.