Closed to new replies
November 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 170

Results

:iconrockstar1009:
rockstar1009 Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
After months of bickering about what would happen, now for the bickering about the aftermath.

:iconshitstormplz::iconantoinedodsonplz: HIDE YO KIDS, HIDE YO WIFE

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

rockstar1009 Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Also - the Super PACs seem to have amounted to sod all. Billionaires pumped enough money into the campaigns to overshadow some countries' GDP, and what happened?

Obama won, and Dems held 53 Senate seats. Sheldon Adelson am cry. :cries:
rockstar1009 Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
The excuses have begun. Fox News is blaming the liberal media. Pundits swooning over Romney turned on him as a weak candidate and ineffective campaigner (when the same pundits were treating him as the second coming of Reagan last week).

As soon as the polls closed, Bill O'Reilly started blaming Hurricane Sandy. An Act of God. Giving the Democrat the victory. AN ACT OF GOD. I guess we know whose side God is on this time. WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW, CONS? :la:
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW, CONS?
Partying in Chicago, it seems.
:iconsherberttcat:
SherbertTCat Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Honestly, I doubt God gives two shits about politics.
Lytrigian Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Honestly, it's a joke kiddo.
:iconabcat:
AbCat Nov 6, 2012   Writer
Considering this was billed as the "closest election in decades" it's really not turned out much closer than the last.

I have my faith restored a little in American morality. In the end this election was over the granting of a mandate to wealthy, white, christian men to bully anyone less well-off than themselves; to deny healthcare, marriage, and basic rights to millions of people already disempowered by republicans. I'm just glad enough people saw it this way.
Lytrigian Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Here in California, I'm watching Prop 30, which at the moment is behind 48% to 52% with 20% of precincts reporting. If it fails, we will see draconian across-the-board budget cuts in all areas where the legislature is free to cut. (A good portion of California's budget is mandated by previous referendums.) This is a temporary sales tax increase on certain items (excluding food and fuel) and income tax increase on those earning more than $250k.

It's of some concern to me, because with one severely disabled son and one autistic son, I rely heavily on certain state programs that will probably suffer if Prop 30 doesn't pass.

The news that the NO campaign was apparently funded by an out of state organization which concealed the true sources of its money via multiple shell organizations, amounting to what's been called a "political money laundering scheme" and contrary to California election law, which requires transparency about campaign donors, broke just this morning, but it may have come too late to make much of a difference. [link]
Lytrigian Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
It passed. Good. Jerry Brown is doing exactly the tax increase + spending cuts combination the state needs to get us out of the hole Schwarzenegger left us in. Now if only the federal government had the balls to do the same.
Obama now takes the popular vote as well as the 300-point electoral vote threshold.
ROMNEY CONCEDES TO OBAMA :iconlaplz:
Add a Comment: