Predictions

Well, get to it bitches. You think you're so smart, now's your chance to prove it. :la:

Who's going to win which races during the U.S.'s Election Day tomorrow? Which major upsets do you predict? Which swings states break for who?
Comments61
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Romney takes the Carolinas and Virginia. Too close to call in Florida. Loses Ohio by a percent.
Simple - Obama has Ohio, Obama will become president. Whoever wins Ohio wins presidency. It's never failed.
No, we've voted (R) in FDR's and Kennedy's races (and Grover Cleveland's races, but the 19th century isn't as relevant as the 20th). Dems have won without Ohio, but Reps have never accomplished the feat.

There's a first for everything, though. If Obama keeps Ohio, Romney can sweep the other swings and still win. It's unlikely, but still completely possible.
"It's never failed" is not really a good argument, though: [link]
I'm just saying, if you look at the history, ever since Ohio's become a state, whichever candidate has won in that state has always gone on to win. Of course it's possible that it won't happen, but I'd bet a buck or two that it would happen again this year.
it's not looking so good for Obama right now. He does have Ohio so far.
Nah, him being neck and neck with Romney is expected at this point: [link]

At this point, Romney only has one hefty state left (Texas), while Obama still has several (New York, California, more than likely Pennsylvania). We'll know for sure it's looking good or bad for a given candidate once the swings start getting called, which won't happen for another hour or two.
78 to 82 votes. 3 vs. 3 states.
Based on Fox's current map, Obama's gained a few counties since 2004 but lost only one. Franklin County (where I live) hasn't been reported yet, but as the seat of the capital and home of OSU it's only going to move the votes for Obama even more.

With only 20% reporting, it's still up in the air, but I have a strong feeling that Obama's going to take Ohio.
He's had Ohio, Florida, and New hamshire. I can't believe Michigan is for Romney.
Well it was for Romney, but Fox just called Michigan for Obama.

Casey has been called as the winner in the PA Senate race, which gives hope to Obama there.
Well, Obama is re-elected until they finishe up with the vote count.
Bill O'Reilly is already using Sandy as an excuse for Romney's (potential) failure. :la:
I predict Obama will take an early lead, then fall way behind when all the republicans get off work.
Obama's finished.

7:00 - Virginia - Tied
7:30 - Ohio - Obama +4
8:00 - Pennsylvania - Obama +4
8:00 - New Hampshire - Obama +3
9:00 - Colorado - Tied

2004 exit polls:

Virginia - Bush +1 (final result Bush +8)
Ohio - Kerry +4 (final result Bush +2)
Pennsylvania - Kerry +19 (final result Kerry +1)
New Hampshire - Kerry +17 (final result Kerry +1)
Colorado - Bush +3 (final result Bush +4)
Exit polls? Good luck with that, then... :roll:
JetBlue has this promotion going on where you tell them which party you will vote for, and if your candidate loses, you get put into a drawing where 10,000 people will win free plane tickets. So.......I almost want my candidate to lose. xD (not really)
Obama is obviously the winner here. there is more lower/lower- middle class then upper class and he actually cares about the citizens and tries his best, sorry haters but he rarely lies only his ideas don't go through our system and pass as laws due to the other idiots in government. while he is the obvious choice i do not put down people voting for mitt, we are all different and deserve to be heard. (go obama for saying how he just wants everyone to vote no matter who they vote for)
Obama, he's ahead in the polls, and seems to be winning people's favor back in the final hours.
Obama, since he is not a racist son of a bitch.
If you think Obama isn't a racist son of a bitch, then you haven't been paying attention.
OP has to set himself up for failure, too, so here are my calls:

Obama wins at least 280 EVs and a second term. WI, PA and MI are solid and he takes CO, IA and NV as well. He'll win Ohio (but without my vote :la:). My first wildcard prediction is that O takes Virginia as well, causing great panic in the GOP as the heart of the Confederacy continues on its bluing trend. Romney takes FL and NC. Possibly NH.

In the senate, Sherrod Brown pimpslaps the taste out of Josh Mandel's mouth in OH (this time with the help of my vote :la:), Warren, Nelson, and Murphy win their races and the Dems walk away with 52 (or 53) seats in the Senate. Second wildcard prediction: one of the rape candidates (Akin or Mourdock) will eke out a narrow victory, much to the dismay of people with sense and causes the rest of the world to grow even more annoyed with Unitedstatesian conservatives. :facepalm:

Dems pick up some (R) seats in the House, but the House stays red for a long time to come.

Tonight (possibly tomorrow, depending on when the media's calls are made), a long-winded thread is posted by Schemer about how this country is irredeemable and he's moving to Oz, but the thread gets locked for being journal material. Novuso posts conspiracy threads about voting inconsistencies while ZOKMAN gets into shouting matches with everyone with even a tiny smirk on their face. Wildcard prediction: meanus outs himself and admits which lib regular he is, admitting he's been trolling for the lulz OR alt wildcard: meanus flip flops and starts trolling Romney's loss to piss off the conservatives.
Oh you've got the best one for sure, that last paragraph...:icondatassplz:
I thought some more, and I'd like to amend my prediction: I believe Republicans will create excel tables that show Romney has won in a landslide, as long as you adjust the vote results so that the relation between democrats and republicans is exactly what they believe it should be, instead of what the results actually are.