Closed to new replies
November 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 287

Who are you voting for, and why?

:iconiseethelattice:
ISeeTheLattice Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm just so curious... which candidate is everyone aiming to support, come tomorrow?

Don't be shy~

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

ISeeTheLattice Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I like being an American...
I like being free to have a choice

I didn't vote for Obama
I didn't vote for Romney

I like having my freedom
This was my choice

:iconstormhawk45:
Stormhawk45 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Student Writer
I personally wanted Romney to pull through, and I didn't like on how Obama was handling things. Granted, The President had some good ideas, but the bad overshadowed the good (I.e 6 trillion spneding in first year, him "ending" the war in Iraq was a date set before he took the Oval office, and last time I checked, Obama didn't go take out Osama Bin Laden, SEAL Team 6 did.)
ISeeTheLattice Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:icondarthsidiousplz::iconsaysplz:[link]

lol:iconexplodelaplz:
:iconemmique:
Emmique Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
I live in Australia, but I was hoping Obama would win it.

Romney seems like a nutcase from what I've heard >_>
"Women can't fall pregnant due to rape as the body has ways of shutting it down" - What the seriously fuck ?
Also the whole contraceptives/abortion issue he's had. They should be available choices for individuals.
Not all people use contraceptives for "that" reason, it's also used for other medical things hell even acne.
I have endometriosis, without the pill I'd be fucked.

Basically first one-two days of a period, you have excess "tissue" build up outside of the actual uterus, may eventually lead to infertility.
Also, it makes you feel as though your spine will snap in half, you end up in bed with a hot-cold fever, the slightest though, sight or scent of food will make you throw up, it's fucking awful :[
Gets worse every time too due to remenant tissue staying around. Basically, staying on the pill means this doesn't happen as it keeps the hormonal imbalance that causes it in cheque.
:icontortellinipen:
TortelliniPen Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
I voted for Obama and for Warren.
:iconaskblackhearse:
Askblackhearse Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
If I could vote, I would vote for Obama.
:iconfayden-dane:
Fayden-Dane Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I voted for Romney.
:iconelindielforeststar:
ElindielForestStar Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
For President, I voted for Mitt Romney.

We have had Obama in office for four years, and I hear democrats and liberals saying, 'oh, four years isn't enough for him to fix America'. Not only has he not helped America, but numbers, unemployment numbers (actual numbers are closer to 14-15 % unemployed Americans), (more people on food stamps), ($6 trillion to the debt), are worse off than when Obama took office. I have grown up in a middle class family, and these past four years, have not been good for us. I am sick and tired of his policies, sick and tired of his condescension and sneering, sick of democrats who attack you when you're debating them about Obama, rather then answering the real argument. I'm sick of the way Obama treats women and his arrogant attitude. I'm furious at Obama and Hilary Clinton for the lies and deception concerning Benghazi. I am sick of hearing Obama's campaign. His plan seems to be attacking Romney instead of talking about a real plan for the future. I am sick of the mainstream Press covering up and withholding information from the public to help Obama. I am sick of Obama, because every year when I drive past the unemployment lines, and the Food bank lines, they have grown longer and longer. I am sick of these high gas prices, as Obama tries to intervene in America's production of oil on Federal lands. I am disgusted how Obama is trying to destroy the coal industry. Obama never did, and never will have my support or vote. And I am so sick of democrats that I've talked to in person, and to whom I voice my dislike of Obama, calling me a racist bigot. Race has nothing to do with this.
:icondragonquestwes:
DragonQuestWes Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
Mitt Romney was Obama's running mate and now VP.

You should be thankful since both of them share the same overall policies with slight differences.
:iconrosleinrot:
RosleinRot Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012   Photographer
A lot of people bitch that Obama hasn't changed the country in four years. Which is crazy.
After over four years in school, many of you still don't know the difference between "your" and "you're."
ISeeTheLattice Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
And exactly what does the teaching of proper english grammar in our schools
have to do with the competancy of our president?

Perhaps you're one of those who'd like to tell the rest who are perceivingly "beneath you"
to stop thinking, and that we should entrust the rest of our capacity objective descision making
into the hands of an educated elite few who were given a free ride.

No thanks, I'll pass.
I work for my intellect. In the real world.
:iconrosleinrot:
RosleinRot Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012   Photographer
Along with working for that intellect, you should work on developing a sense of humor.
ISeeTheLattice Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Nahhh... thanks, but I'll gladly take dryness and serious outlook any day...
rather than to view life and indeed the whole world through the rosy red lense of a joke. ;)

The world works better that way, as it has before. Get with the :iconexplodelaplz: program.
:iconunvalanced:
Unvalanced Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Lord Havelock Vetinari for president!
:icondunnyct:
DunnyCT Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
But you can't vote for him because of the one-man-one-vote system! :O

He is the man.

He has the vote!
:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Meant to include the obvious fact that I can't actually vote, Canadian. It pisses me off. The States are kings of the world right now, and especially as their next door neighbor, this election impacts me so much and yet I have absolutely no control of it's outcome. Ah well.
Obama, because as much as I hate America's two-party system it's obviously not ready for actually making the other parties matter, and I'd do anything it takes to secure a future free of Romney's rule. This is largely based on the fact that four years is barely enough time for anyone to be a leader, Romney's disgusting statements about women, and my gay rights and abortion beliefs.
:iconxxtraprince:
XXtraPrince Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
Romney and Ryan at the top of the ticket; Scott Brown for the Senate.
:iconjuliekrizan:
JulieKrizan Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I voted for the first time today- for Romney. :D
Why? :slow:
Because he is the candidate that most accurately represents my ideals. :)
Which of his policies helped you choose him? I'm not used to seeing many real Romney supporters, let alone a female Romney supporter, so I gotta know.
I would very much like to tell you, but I'm not comfortable doing so, at least in this venue. :(

It's not you, don't worry- it's the general culture of dA that puts me off of explaining myself and my beliefs in public, because they are formed off of specific religious beliefs (which are Really Not Okay in a lot of circles of the Internet), and they are considered by many to be asinine and backwards.

In addition, I am also not currently in a fit emotional state to deal with the messages I will almost surely get if I explain my political stances. :)

I am sorry that I can't be more helpful, but I just can't handle getting into lengthy political arguments on the internet at this time. :)
:icondefinedeviancydown:
DefineDeviancyDown Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'll vote like everyone else by secret ballot, but..................

Whoever wins will be my president!
I like your enthusiasm... it's purely positive.

I hope that whoever you choose, becomes your wish granted true! :)
I prefer Romney, but I won't undermine our president, unlike some Democrats, most notably the corrupt Harry Reid, corrupt is not really a strong enough word by itself to describe him. Additional ones might include immoral, unethical, dishonest, crooked, shady, fraudulent, debased, degraded, tainted, perverted, warped, contaminated, and rotten. One might also add uncooperative, intransigent, inflexible, obdurate, obstinate, obstructionist, extremist, and intractable. And these are his good points. When it comes to serving the interests of America and her citizens, rather than those of himself and those willing to bribe him, Reid hits the absolute bottom of the political septic tank.

Why bring up Harry Reid? Because he has pledged himself to Democrat obstruction in the Senate should Mitt Romney win the White House. There are many despicable Liberals just like him. Rather than work for the common good of all Americans, he pledges to obstruct.

And that's why I prefer Romney. The Democrats do not want to move forward as proven by the words and actions of their Majority Leader.
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
You can't possibly say that. That's literally exactly like calling Obama a flip-flopper because he changed his views on gay marriage for the better. You're ignoring the other side of the coin. Except this coin is both tails, no heads. To be fair, you would have to bring up the fact that Republicans have been doing the same thing and that Republicans have people just as bad, if not worse than Harry Reid. But you didn't. Bias strikes again.
What do you mean(us) I can't say that? I Just did!
Hmmm... I like how you bring up obstructionism.

As I'm aware, it's a lot easier in other countries to throw bums like that out
by way of having a vote of no confidence in carrying out their legistlative duty.

It goes both ways truly, and those who wrap themselves in either party's colours
should be made an example of, in my humble opinion.
We need people in congress on both sides of the isle,
who will carry out their job without the bullshit.
Amen!!!
You're probbably the first person who's agreed with me.

It's sad... on these forums, if the only side you take is the grey...
it's like you're hunted down like an animal.

People are so blinded these days. No wonder nothing gets done.
Society is the real problem... not just the government it creates around itself.
You get the abuse from the Liberals. After all, they consider themselves to be the most tolerant and understanding among us, don't they? They're better people, just ask them. For instance refer to the idiot who butted in to our conversation (above). I said nothing about Obama or flip-flopping, yet he will try to convince me that I did. Further more, if he's so concerned about Republicans being just as bad as Harry Reid, why doesn't he name them, instead of trying to invalidate my comments with such a stupid argument. It was Harry Reid who announced just the other day that he was going to obstruct Romney. How can someone argue with that? Before I'm asked to prove what Reid said. here are a few links:

[link]

[link]

[link]
I get so tired from either side tearing at eachothers throats.

But always... the liberal space cadets take the cake.
I'd laugh at them if they didn't present such a subversive threat to this country.

That troll butted in yesterday. I don't know what his issue is.
He claims to not take a side but he's a self-deluding "Obamabot" as any.
(1 Reply)
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
President: Dr. Jill Stein (Green Party)
Senate: Robert Menendez (Democrat- NJ)
House: Rush Holt (Democrat- NJ)
:iconkkart:
kkart Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Professional Photographer
Obama has my vote.
that being said, there is a party which very much interests me and that is the Justice Party [link] Honestly, they know what's up and in time I can really see them going places once more people know about them.
:iconragerancher:
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
Monster Raving Loony party is a great joke party here in Britain so I think if I was in the USA I'd also vote for a joke party. Maybe Republican.
:icontortellinipen:
TortelliniPen Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
For President, I'm voting for Obama because I support his policies on healthcare as well as his Keynesian economic views. Plus, I think that gay people should have all of the rights of straight people, and that women should have a say over their own bodies.

For the Senate, I'm voting for Elizabeth Warren. She seems more liberal to Obama and in my opinion may be someone to look out for in 2016 or 2020. However, Scott Brown seems like a moderate and I won't be too heartbroken if he won.

For the House, I'm not sure who, since I've only been in Massachusetts for about two months (going to college in Boston and all). As terrible as it sounds (and it is terrible), I'll probably just vote for whoever has a [D] next to their name.
:icondc4894:
DC4894 Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
President: Johnson/Gray
Senate: Kaine
House: Schmookler

Why? All three share a common belief: that the government has no business telling citizens how they can act, who they can marry, etc.
:iconkinola14:
Kinola14 Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
I am not going to say who I am voting for, but my mother is a strong supporter of Romney.
:iconragerancher:
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
So your mothers views change every week or so? :D
:iconkinola14:
Kinola14 Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
No. :no:
:iconebolabears:
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
I am voting Gary Johnson for President.

For Senate I am voting Green Party or Libertarian.
For the House of Representatives I am voting Green or Reform.

For Sheriff I am voting Foreclose Illegal Foreclosures Robert Shapiro.

For local seats I am voting 2 Green and 4 Democrat.
:iconrizhnir:
Rizhnir Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
I won't say until tomorrow, but I will say that there's a stupidly high likelihood we're going to get the same exact government for the next 2-4 years because there is no clear political bad guy that everyone can agree on.

America! Are you ready for more of the same after tomorrow?
:iconempiredice:
empiredice Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
Better more of the same, than something worse.
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
I'd vote for Obama, because Romney has such a fucking annoying voice, and I certainly wouldn't want to have to hear him on TV and radio all the time. But alas, I come from a civilised country, and cannot vote in this election.
No one is impressed with your arrogance and pitiful sense of humor.

The United Kingdom has David Cameron as Prime Minister, and it had 10 years of Tony Blair. Should I remind you about Margaret Thatcher, too? :unimpressed:
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
You were impressed enough to comment upon it. :meow:

Blair and Thatcher were idiots, but politics are separate from society.
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Impressed is not the same as annoyed.

Our society is not uncivilized. Sometimes, idiots are more noticeable(like Rush Limbaugh or Kim Kardashian).
:icondavidfielding3832:
davidfielding3832 Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Professional Writer
[link]

Oh dear...
Are you trying to make me laugh, or are you criticizing me because my country had to deal with Bush for 8 years? If it's the latter, he won fraudulently.
Add a Comment: