The [OBVIOUS] solution for United States' healthcare troubles

There is a simple solution to begin reversing the United States' healthcare system that was established to motivate creation of wealth just as the United States copy[rite] system was design by a lawyer/judge and publisher to create wealth for the lawyer and publisher "class".

Medical schooling, in the future, must be granted freely to any person with desire enough to perform well. The medical profession must be returned to the "service" profession it once was. Desiring to be a doctor should not involve desiring to propagate and expand family wealth but should involve desiring to help the fellow human.

The exorbitant profits of the health care industry is one reason doctors are generally wealthy. Firemen are NOT generally wealthy in the United States and policemen are NOT generally wealthy in the United States but doctors ARE generally wealthy in the United States. This fact is not because firemen and police officers are less valued than doctors. Firemen and police officers are simply less universally important. Every human will at some time continue to live well due to a doctor.

This fact is compounded in the United States because in the United States professional game-players (e.g. football, baseball, basketball, golf, etc;) do nothing valuable at all. NOTHING. These "professionals" harvest wealth in exchange for maturing and continuing to play "school games".

This is enough to create discussion and will be left to outrage sports team fans. Have fun...
Comments18
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Too simple. Truth is, you're paying the hospital, malpractice fees, and other healthcare professionals as well. It costs more saving a person's life than preventing them from getting sick in the first place. Emergency care for the uninsured costs a lot, and when they can't pay, it falls to everyone else. And so on and so forth.

Believe me, if there were no desire to help people, then getting through medical school, residency, then being responsible for all these patients, would be soul-crushing. A lot of people quit before finishing just by virtue of how tough the training process is.

Plenty of private physicians go out of business. The pay just isn't good enough to keep up with the costs. Many are forced to create group practices just to manage costs.

As for hospitalists, depending on the hospital, they generally have to take on more patients and more hours than they should, just by virtue of the demand and the inability of (mainly public) hospitals to hire more.

When I finally do make it out of residency, I'll be 30+ years old. I will have spent 22+ years (at least) in school, total. That's assuming I don't take a fellowship, which tacks on another 2-4 years. After all that time, blood, sweat, and tears, I'll be damned if I'm a slave.
It was too simple, yes, but would be the first step that would begin the end end many of those other broken realms.

Malpractice litigation is another issue that should be reviewed if allowed to still exist at all.
I think this thread at least has noble intentions, but the solution lies simply in providing more places for medical students, so that demand meets supply, not in indenturing existing doctors into being public servants.
Last time I checked, doctors need a hell of a lot more education and training than firefighters and the police. So their salary reflects that.
Well, Perhaps. The expected life risking of firefighters and police WAY trumps a few years of school in my opinion. I doubt I am alone there.

I may be....?
True. There's also the MASSIVE responsibility doctors have to make life or death decisions
The best healthcare systems in the world are all universal. But that's probably just a coincidence, right?
The solution is to get government out of it and let it follow reality.

[link]
Interesting article and some valid points, but some data that was flawed or is unsupported by valid fact. Doctors who were allegedlysurveyed and unhappy with their careers and who would not encourage their children to follow them is not supported by the plain reality I have witnessed.

I have spent more time in hospitals under doctor care than ANYONE able to read these posts. ANYONE.
Oops, Three-five years OJT for either firemen or police could be viewed as equivalent to university training in my opinion.

The facts are close enough for usage that is not intended to deceive...

evince...
The post was to start discussion and not to "to show clearly; make evident or manifest; prove".

Thanks for your valuable input on the topic.
Was this intended as a reply to me?

If you wanted discussion, you can start one without concocting your own facts based on nothing but obsolete stereotypes.
Last time I checked, you don't need to spend years in Uni in order to be a policeman or fireman... You can drop out of school and walk into either of those jobs. You can't do that and become a doctor.
Most police/fireman jobs require a minimum of college hours (with some requiring degrees).
As with anything obvious and simple, it's obviously wrong. You don't even have your basic facts straight, and you evince zero understanding of economics, both in general and as related to the healthcare industry.
Have you seen his gallery?
You'll see what's going on if you do:P
Oh, Lordy. I wonder if he's working up to some kind of legal extortion scheme.
Or just has a lot of free time, I mean a lot.