Whats so bad about the Abyss?

God is there. Even to the farthest reaches of the Abyss, God is an all consuming fire.

Why do people always fear falling into the Abyss?

The Abyss is great! It's nice and quiet, and except for God, nobody can find you.

Getting lost in the Abyss is wonderful. It is a freedom you have yet to know.
Comments18
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
>Even to the farthest reaches of the Abyss, God is an all consuming fire.
Fire aura, i think you refer to Ābhāsvara (mental plane above high astral 'heavens')beings have really powerful  and long-reaching aura(the fire part at your description). Its a nature of every such god/deva coming down to astral - due choice or corruption(egoism/desires/etc). They are just(highly evolved and purified) souls at another power scale - they are not omni-X(inside the multi-plane system all souls are limited, despite their powers).

>The Abyss is great! It's nice and quiet
I assume you refer to the black 3D "Void"(called "3D blackness" by most astral projectors) between etheric and astral plane - quiet and empty of anything. Its not inherently a bad place(compared to Earth), actually its possible to meditate there peacefully with some precautions(it can serve as launching point to many higher planes).
>except for God, nobody can find you.
However getting scared and emotional will attract negative entities and astral parasites(lower astral is just slightly above) so it can turn nasty: staying there long time is psychologically challenging - the above scenario could occur due insufficient mental preparation.

I also assume you think dead people end up there("falling into the Abyss"), but i've seen no reports of it, its actually a very isolating place where encounters are rare. Dead people(their soul form in astral body) usually get somewhere in the astral plane fast.
I don't fear the Abyss, but the parasite layer in the lower astral (it like a lake of piranhas ,worms and sharks, with more 'diversity'): it'd be more comfortable in the "Hell" parts(which look like dirty deserts/war zones/underground lairs(people's mental constructs of Hell/Death/Afterlife create sort of a like Tulpa-terrain/scenery and attract negative entities who feed on their negative emotion), nothing really horrific like the parasite layer and can't harm your soul much(the main danger is sticking with the 'emotions of the place', with the parasite layer you get escalated quickly with the slightest attention and like sharks smelling blood they surround/trace you - i've spent years detaching and destroying them(by external help).).
If we look at Earth and consider its flaws, it would be a sort of hypermaterial(most astral and etheric realms are malleable and fluid) version of lower astral Hells - we are that 'hardcore', despite being assaulted by negative entities every minute we actually fear "death"/"abyss"/"the void"/"hells" which are merely our preconceptions and mental constructs of the plane slightly above.
Actual threat is people believing and perpetuating beliefs giving energy to constructs of the astral planes - powering up a series of faith-based tulpas(attached to them, creating a "mobile personal Hell" they are  attaching/carry with themself), a condition which allows negative entities to feed. Like in the case of parasite layer, giving the astral parasites attention initiates the conflict mechanic which they are pros at abusing(causing imbalance and energy feeding).  
Lay off the drugs!
Because infinity is scary when you're staring right at it.
The Abyss is pretty good with its themes of wonder and discovery, and its revolutionary use of CGI, but I prefer an old-school horror show like Leviathan, with its cheesy dialogue and practical effects.
The Abyss is one of the better James Cameron movies, IMO.
James Cameron kicks booty.
i prefer dungeon and dragon version of abyss.
There's also the "Dark Souls" Abyss. A all consuming, corrosive void caused by unbridled human emotion given physical form.
The only form i know are Obyrinth Type and Tannar'ri Type.

Obyrinth are form of insanity predate the creation of humanity. (pure feces).

Tannar'ri are modern demon post creation of humanity. (Not so pure feces as human soul are now got mixed into the septic tank).
That's one of my favorite movies. Don't throw shade at The Abyss.
it's not a bad movie by any means but there are better james cameron movies
I spent 9 months of my life trying to escape the abyss. I am not going back.
Then go jump into the abyss
I used to make out with Abaddon, angel of the gate of the Abyss.
'Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.' ~Lucifer, paradise lost