The sociopath dosent exist?

You are a evil person who would never save anyone and hates everyone and everything and you are running along with another man ahead of you from tigers and grizzly bears all this happening well massive boulders are falling in a narrow canyon everything is happening to fast to think but there is a clearing where it is safe but it would require you to jump but the man ahead of you is your only solution to jumping through the narrow gap. In order to save yourself you must save him.  

How do you react?
Comments74
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Sociopaths do nice things all the time.  They just don't empathize with people or get that altruistic buzz from helping, and wouldn't feel the guilt and pain after killing or hurting someone.

If helping someone has some benefit to them (an established social relationship that can be recalled later, for example; or getting away from an angry bear) then it's a good thing to do.

Some of my favorite people in the world have anti-social personality disorder.  Good people, great friends, they just experience friendship in a different way.
No there's a difference between genuinely doing something nice and doing it so others see it. Christ said to do good in secret that's why charity is false all forms are. It's  just a way to put a bandad on a missing arm or massive cut it just doesn't work.  

Im establishing that all psychology in bunk and does not work only thing that matters is life and the preservation of life.
Your scenario relies on your own flawed assumption that a sociopath *desires* to do evil, that their thoughts urge them to do evil. However, this is not usually the case. Sociopaths simply don't feel guilty about doing evil and often feel no compassion for their fellow humans. A sociopath in this scenario would save himself and the other person sure, but that doesn't change the fact that they are a sociopath.
Ya it does he went agienst his own nature or said nature that's bine placed on him by others he internalized the thoughts that he was evil but because of the isolated sanario he became the purest point of contradiction it self.
No. We cannot know if he " internalized the thoughts that he was evil" or not for one thing.

What we DO know is that sociopaths don't experience empathy and guilt the way normal people do. Saving another person in order to save himself doesn't necessarily go against the nature of a sociopath. 
The biggest sociopath on this site is angelishi and the person who violated me with a drawing.
I'll violate you with three drawings, does that seem fair?
the evil sociopath would help the man, help himself and then push the man in the narrow gap.
thus the balance of evil is restored.
The gap has bine closed by a bolder no entry can be made agien.
then he will find another pit to throw said character in or just keep him for some other sadistic enjoyment.
He might do that but it's because he fears his righteous actions he made before.
no need, the action was wholly in self interest and the assistance to anyone else is merely a side effect. this isn't a cartoon you know.
You are the one trying to turn a sociopath into a cartoon not me I'm just showing that physical action out wiegh are thoughts and emotions psycology is nothing more then pure speculation not set in stone 
it was ideas carved by humans Hands not by natures hands.
I've seen your other replies in this comment section, you've cartoonified the situation long before my first reply.

truth is, sociopath (much to the similar psychopath) is defined by a strong lack of social feeling such as empathy. however, a sociopath, unlike a psychopath, is typically formed by a situation and they tend to be much more violent then the often more pragmatic psychopaths.
but even in this line, both will place themselves before others and not specifically placing others behind them.

the type of evil you seem to have in mind exists only in fairy tales about devils and demons, beings who's only purpose is to be evil.
View all replies
What stops me from killing the stranger after I am safe? Once they are no longer of use to me, I see no reason to keep them around in this scenario.
The action before is what counts sure you could kill them but then your actions are contradicting your actions before but in killing them you are desperately trying to remove yourself from the righteous actions you made before because of a personal feeling of fear that you did something good.
Sociopaths exist... And they are the most dangerous of individuals.
The example I give disproves that sure people blow of steam in diffrent ways but at the end of the day physical action always wins 
life is always more important then thoughts.
Sociopaths don't desire to do evil, they just don't feel guilty about it if they do.
That was so badly written, I couldn't figure out what you were trying to say.
your giving me a asthma attack .. I ... Just ... Have ....no ....idea ....how ....to ....respond.
Stalin and Ayn Rand were different then  Hitler and Osama due to Stalin and Ayn Rand were because they didn't care... Hitler and Osama were evil because didn't know how to express the fact they cared!
Saving yourself over someone else doesn't make you a sociopath; in life or death situations, unless you had a good reason not to (e.g. this person was destined for some great duty, they had a family to feed and you didn't, they were younger and had more life to live), most people I would guess would save themselves.
We are physical movements not thoughts the eye is dead.