Christ vision theory

historians attest that Peter Paul and Mary did see Jesus after his death but that they were visions/hallucinations how likely is this true
Comments17
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
How likely is ANYTHING in the bible true?

You know that experiment where you and a bunch of people stand in circle?

You whisper a phrase to the person on your right, they repeat the 

phrase to the person on their right, then they repeat it and so on... until 

it comes back to you. At which point you realize the phrase has significantly changed.

Now, instead of a circle of people, imagine how much a phrase (let alone an entire story) is

likely to change over several THOUSANDS of years......
"Actually, the 12 desciples and other 5,000 people witness Him going up to heaven." It's written in the Bible you know.
I once saw those guys.

I told the king of France about it, and he let me kill a bunch of English guys.

Joke's on him; I just wanted to kill a bunch of English guys. Sucker.

...Oh, hi there, gentlemen, what can I do f--
Not even a sentence bro.
There's no way any respectable historian would assert that. Where do you get this from? Are you confusing historians with Christian apologists?

As far as stories like this are concerned there's no absolute way to tell how much of it is true or if it's entierly made up. The supernatural parts are naturally doubted, but even the mundane can't be automatically believed just because it's not as extreme as God's son and Satan meeting up on a mountain for a chat. The whole resurrection thing could all have been added much later. Nobody would thus have seen anything. Not even in hallucinations.
But soo did many people as well. And its not likely to have a ton of people to all have hallucinations at once.
jesus never exist.He is an alternative of the greek god apollon.He was son of god too
the Jupiter and when thinks evolved at the ancient world they replace the appolon with jesus.Maybe because some people was tired of the violence at that time.
Any reputable historian would laugh at that idea.  Jesus as a historical figure is fact.  What he did or did not do is up for debate, but Jesus existed.  

Further, Apollo bears no resemblance to Jesus.  Usually, when people pick a figure from Greek myth to claim Christianity ripped off to create Jesus, they cite Dionysus, and it's just as bunk as an Apollo connection.
Even if exist historically there was averange 200-300 years before christianity theory goes to europe.At the 200-300 years the christians was all greeks.Live in East greece where now is turkish.Do you know that a Creek orthodox priest you can kill and use weapons?Many of the creek priest at the past was also famous warriors and they can have sex or married with woman?The theory that goes to west later was completely different.
Incorrect.  There were Christian communities all through Europe within the first century of Jesus' death.  Paul writes to some of them, such as the community in Rome.  They were persecuted starting with Nero.  The faith also spread east, into Persia, India, China, and Central Asua, and south to Ethiopia.  
I saw Jesus once. He lives around the neighborhood. He doesn't speak English that good.
I thought it was supposed to be symbolic?
No they don't.
Which historians?

I have heard that Paul might have suffered an seizure and hallucinated about Jesus since he wasn't around during the time of the crucifixion and from his own testimony said he only saw Jesus in his dreams. But Mary can't be sited as an actual historical figure as Peter is and Peter as a disciple would have good reason to believe that his messiah wasn't a fraud.
Which historians? Most of the history on the subject I've read doesn't make such strong assertions. "Attest" usually means something like "provide clear evidence of." No such evidence can be provided. At best, you're talking speculation on claims made in a particular source.