Athiesm... why its wrong.

I'm quiet interested to see what people think atheism is. what it means and its flaws are.

What do you think atheism is? which side of the dichotomy do you defend? (theism Or atheism) What do you think is the biggest thing the opposing side doesn't understand?
Comments1887
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The biggest thing that the other side doesn't understand is that it's not a dichotomy at all. Religion makes a claim about the universe, and atheists reject that claim.
Aethism is the true path, my child. Follow it and you shall seek the path of light, science and facts. The three categories no religion can offer.
From a purely objective point of view I think there's a primal part of humans that need to believe in something, anything. Look at all the gods of ancient civilizations and we still have gods today. I'm not about to say atheism is foolish but I can't help but feel to deny the willingness to believe in anything is the willingness to deny part of your humanity. To do so doesn't make any sense to me. I have my belief, I'm perfectly fine with others having a different belief, and I leave it at that. It's a personal choice.
Atheism is not 'wrong' in the sense that it is a foolish belief, but rather 'wrong' in the sense that there's really next to no way it could be true.
Let me use the Theory of Evolution as an example. There's a reason it's only a -theory-, and not proven fact- all life on Earth evolving from a single cell is scientifically impossible. In order for it to work, that would imply a multitude of things, including that several other -theories-, such as the Hopeful Monster Theory (An animal can occasionally birth a totally new creature), are true. However, even granting those truths leaves many, many issues.
An example of such would be symbiosis- animals that depend on one another for survival. What are the odds that two creatures who rely on each other for life happened to evolve at exactly the same time, and at the right stage to support one another?
Atheism says nothing about theory of evolution or how the universe works. All it is about position on existence of god or deity. Nothing more and nothing less.
"There's a reason it's only a -theory-, and not proven fact-"

This is a phrase that means nothing when talking about science, considering a scientific theory is a collection of knowledge surrounding a known naturally occurring phenomenon.

Unless you ignore gravity too.
Athiesm's flaws in my opinion is that it fails to take into account the logic of non abrahamic philosophies, like worshiping the natural world, as pantheists do. Instead of say, worshiping something that is logically real at least in front of our eyes, they choose to worship nothing and as such, they can't be connected to the larger part of existence. 
Frankly, worshiping anything is retarded.

And everyone's "connected to the larger part of existence" no matter what they believe.
I worship life. It is the one thing I believe will find a way to exist regardless of what will happen. Even if it is a form of life we still don't know at the moment or actually can't understand, it will go on existing. So I dedicate my belief and trust to life and my "prayer" is trying to give worth to life. What is retarded about that?
Well for one, "life" doesn't care about you, doesn't answer prayers, and doesn't know you're worshipping it. So it's a useless act. For another, life has no inherent value, meaning, or worth - it's just energy with no source or direction. It can be cool sometimes, and it can also cause horrific pain.
I never worship something because ist does know or answers my "prayers" or even cares for me. For me, life is the only thing I've got that has actual worth. Everything else is just sidedishes. Also, I do prefer drinking "to life" to drinking because life sucks. Believe is not about what the thing itself is or is doing, but it is a great deal about what kind of person you are. 

Yes, it can be cool and also cause horrifc pain, but what does that mean???? 
I never worship something because ist does know or answers my "prayers" or even cares for me.

Then what's the point of worshiping at all?

I do prefer drinking "to life" to drinking because life sucks.

Okay, but that's a far cry from worship. Hell, what do you actually do to "worship life"? All seems like armchair activism to me. Raising your glass to "life" hardly counts for anything.

Yes, it can be cool and also cause horrifc pain, but what does that mean????

It means that life is not an inherently good thing, so what's all the worship for? There is good in life, for sure, but I suspect most people suffer to a far greater degree than they're willing to admit to themselves.
"Just energy with NO source or direction"

You sure about that? Where did energy come from?
Energy as such doesn't really "come from" anywhere. It can't be created or destroyed. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conserva…
Can't be created or destroyed, as far as we know. But if it truly can't be created or destroyed just means this energy has lasted literally, forever. Which also means the concept of eternity exists. And then it's just questions upon questions lol. Or you can give up and just say "it just is".
Exactly is just the opposite, Christians believe in God and Atheist don't.
Why is it a flaw not to worship anything? You don't have to worship. Some worship gods, others worship nature or the sun. You can worship anything and you can choose not to worship at all. How is that a flaw? It's simply a personal choice.
I think this is my favorite argument. the natural world is not a deity so it doesn't really go against atheism...
Some worship the universe as a deity encompassing the entire universe known as the All, because it exists in All. 
well more power to them as long as they stay naturalists they are atheists
If I recall, those are called pantheists, where everything is god.
Can you imagine teaching your kids that we came from a pond of scum we just evolve from an apes. Thus, there's no God, no purpose, no goal directed forces of any kind? There's no life after death? It means, we live in the universe which has no design, no evil and no good, nothing but blind, pitiless and indifference. There's no foundation for ethics and no ulitimate meaning to life and no free will for human beings either.

What a stupid thing to teach your kids. Second thing, if you're teaching your kids about evilution and why humans are here, then they have to come up with the conclusion that we're here for absolutely no reason at all. Not very smart. It's really dumb! In the end nothing matters. It's horrible!

"Third thing, when an atheist dies, they're dead totaly dead no conscious existence and they will not come into remembered forevermore. In another words it's the end of them."

So what will be the outcome for atheism religion being given to such input into our education system? Will it be good? Absolutely not a very smart one but a dumb thing to teach your kids with no hope at all. It just plain mental sickness to be taching this nihilistic doctrine to your children. It will be death of them and mayhem. No wonder we have so many violents all over the world today. So, yes, atheism is the religion of death.

In the 20th century about 200 million people died because of atheistic political movements. In nowadays, social welfare authorities are very concerned about teenage sucide. It is a big problem here in the US. Did you know that students are already being indoctrinated in evilution at younger age, which is in the foundation of atheism?

Thus, athiesm means, meaningless, nihilism. Is it any wonder that many young people in our days see no point in living, or that shooting up addictive lethal drugs, abortions, euthanasia, infanticide, etc. Which destroy lives. This what happen anything goes when you get rid of GOD, because is the only source of ultimate moral law, as distinct from moral opinion.
Yes, we get it, you obsessively hate Atheists.  Change the record already.
I don't hate atheist, I just care for them. Otherwise, i wouldn't be here.