For all of you Christians

Raising your hand in the air and saying a prayer will not save your soul, don't believe me? Then watch all 43 minutes of this youtu.be/L7HYLLhSr24 video and see for yourself. Don't think I am hating on people who believe in God. I'm not. In fact, He Himself told me to come over here and post this forum thread. Believing in God is very different from His living in you and you actually KNOWING His Son. So yes, go watch that video and hopefully you'll find what I did c:
Comments51
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm going to agree with Armorknightmaster (cool name BTW) and add that whether you are saved or not is between you and God.

Things that may help you know if you are but not solidify are, conscience leading to repentance, dramatic way of life change, and constant retaliation from Satan. Those are things I experience that help me reflect on when I have doubt, but may be different for others.
Doubt comes from Satan occasionally, but I can easily push it away knowing I'm saved. It's kind of hard to explain cuz for me there's nothing other to say else than I just know I am.
Yea, and just knowing gets you through some of the toughest trails.

For lack of a better description, I get this gut feeling I never had before I was saved. I guess it's a compassion for others and a heart for God. Now, I am human and I screw that up, but God reminds me.
Exactly! I was saved the day I posted this, forum thread. Yes a compassion for others a heart for others and God, and actually 'hearing' from Him. I can't say I heard his voice in a literal sense, but rather a heart feeling, if you know what I mean
The "feeling" you have is precious. It's so great, you can't describe it. It's one of those "have to feel it to believe it."
It is truly. Well described ^_^
Heh heh, protestants. I have this classmate at my Catholic High School who wrote letters to us condemning us to Hell because we were Catholic. It was funny, really, except when he wrote one to our School's former president, who has ALS, saying that the reason for the man's ALS was that he is a Catholic Priest. Subjective morality is a terrible notion because there will always be disputes between people. Since God is perfect, and, thus, unchanging, He must have an objective moral system, or else he would be unjust, dealing with different people in different ways. Sola fides is wrong because if we only say we have faith, without the works, our faith is dead in the sense that it has no personal dimension to it. Thus, we become in danger of being hypocrites. Likewise, if we do works without faith, while our work might have a genuine compassion to it, it is directed by a misguided belief that if we only work hard enough, we can get into Heaven. Our works might also be motivated by receiving praise from other people who see our good deeds, which is not the purpose of a good deed. Sola Scriptura is wrong because there are things, like embryonic stem-cell research, which are not mentioned at all in the Bible; but are clearly, when aborted children are used, not only a descration of the dead, but also a murder of the living. Also, we face challenges in life that are unexpected moral questions, which require a debate in Theology if they aren't mentioned in the Bible, such as, "What is God's moral code where it might be ambiguous?" Or what God's moral code even is, and God does have objective morality. Excuse my long- winded rant, which I don't intend to make any longer. I hope this was helpful and rational.
I don't believe God is perfect, true or existent. So I think your morals really are just views interpreted through the lens of your experiences just like the rest of us. You just call it 'God' instead of yourself, your priests and your holy book written by other men. 
Besides, subjective does not mean arbitrary. I'd rather analyze the morality of an action based on tangible consequences of that action than because someone who claims to be perfect tells you it's the right thing to do. 
Helpful and rational confirmed
They really need a sarcasm font. I really can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or not.
Lol I was being honest. Really, you were helpful ^^ :hug: Anywayz I couldn't use it, I'm not a core member cx
Ok, sorry. I didn't mean to be incredulous. Thank you in earnest!
Lol I understand your incredulous-ness xD people are often sarcastic and I'm not much better. But that time I was truly serious and appreciated your input! You're welcome !
Protestantism. This is why I'm glad to be a Catholic. The Church doesn't want this subjectivity bullshit. Look, Christ said to PETER, "You are Peter, and upon this rock I shall build my Church…and "
Actually, Christ was speaking spiritually to Peter. Upon this Rock, I shall build by church. In another, we are the church or the temple and the body of Christ in us. So, where ever we go there also the Spirit of God is with us. Watch out! We're not to trust the churches or our pastor, priest, preachers, etc. Many churches today are falling away from the truth and the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Chirst warned us: We read these spiritual truth in the book of 2 Thessalonians 2:3-15.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition. 

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming. Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders.

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth. Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle...

Believe me, some Priests in the Catholic Church are heretics or misguided; but after that, you went crazy. You kinda missed the whole, "I will give you the Keys to Kingdom of Heaven. And Whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven; and whatever you loose on Earth will be loosed in Heaven." That part of it.
I think Jesus in the bible already said that not because someone prays or says many word will be saved, so I think most christians who read the bible knows that poeple is not saved by prayer, and of course salvation is in afterlife from the second death not this life, because everione is going to die sooner or later according to the bible
Some Christians of course do lol. This is for those don't, and others. And in hopes God will use the video to lead people to Him
:) Yes, thanks for sharing.
We should pray so that this is revealed in many of us. 
^^ don't thank me, thank God. :) He was the on who told me to head on over and post this forum thread <3
Why couldn't he post it himself?
Maybe he doesn't have an email address to create an account. ;)
He could sign up for one in five minutes.
Hm. I wonder what that could mean? :P