Being a holebi is a disease?!

First off, I wanna start by saying that the title is not my oppinnion.
It's just what some stupid people in my school "say" (I'll explain later)
I just wanted to know how others felt about this subject, so let me get started.

Well, lemme kinda sketch out the situation. We were sitting in our room that our year gets (in school) to sit when we don't have class.
As usual I wasn't paying a lott of attention to what the people of my class were saying, since it's most of the times about sex, the stupid things/how badly got drunk during the weekends, and gossiping.
I'm kind of an outcast, so that's just what I do.

Than suddenly, they were talking about this guy in our school that during a presentation he had to do about homosexuality, he had, at the end of the presentation, "confessed?"(I dunno how to say that) that he was gay.
A lot of the people who were in his class aplauded, so that at least gives me hope for the people in my school.
Even tho 1 guy from his class had complained to someone from the school that because of his religion he felt uncomforable knowing that he was in the same class as someone who is gay.

That's bad, but let me get back to the main story.
So they were talking about it in the room we had, and he just suddenly started talking about the "Gay pride" thing.
He found it stupid, because you "shouldn't be proud of something like that"
He even compared it to cancer!
He said that people with cancer "also don't say they're proud of it"
But like... what?!
Does he really think that being gay is as bad as having cancer?
Do you know how that makes me, and probably a lot of other people, feel?!

I would just like to talk about this to some people, since I don't talk about this to a lot of people, since I only have 4 good friends at school ._.
I guess this is also kind of a vent.
Thanks for reading.
Comments82
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I don't know what to say to this. I think it can be caused by a mutation or mental illness, but it can also be a personal choice. I'm on the fence with this one. I tolerate "holebis". That's all I'm saying.
What the heck is a "Holebi?"
"Homo-lesbian-bisexual"
I suppose some parallels could be drawn between homosexuality and cancer, with a little imagination.

Gay pride isn't about being proud to be gay; being gay is just a thing that is what it is. It is about being proud that you haven't  let the bastards drag you down. To contrast, cancer survivors are not exactly proud of having cancer, but they are proud of having fought it and survived--and their pride is well placed.

Granted, there are considerably more differences than similarities,
Indeed.
But the sad part is that he doesn't compare a person who has cancer to someone who is gay. He litteraly compares being gay to having cancer. Or the thought of being gay as having cancer.
I think that's just bull.
I mean, you can be proud of being who you are, being a holebi, or not.
But people with cancer aren't proud that they have it.
Sure, they're kinda proud when they survive it, but while having it I don't think they want to accept it ._.
Some people are just assholes, and there isn't much to be done about them. Luckily, they are rather quickly becoming the minority, in this case.
True, and luckily indeed.
Does he really think that being gay is as bad as having cancer?

Yes. Yes, he does. It's a kind of mental illness.
Yeh, I know ._.
h*mosexuals are a scourge on this earth. they will ruin america
you spelled " 'Merica! " wrong. 8/10.
i'll have to do the pledge of allegiance 1,776 times :c
Are you a troll or sth? 
Homosexuals cant ruin america in any way. They are just a small amount of people whose sexuality is something else than straight. 
they destroy our country's christian values. degenerates.
Well, let me tell you sth. As a child, I hated any kind of religion that would exist because my dad raised me up telling me that religion is a drug, the bad one. I hated it, without knowing what religion really is or what it is based on. 
Now, I know the basic truths about it. I am not christian or anything close to believing in God. However, I respect people who believe in it, as we have no proof whether God exists or not. As long as people are nice and dont like to tear others down, I am okay with them. I even am encouraged to get to know people from different cultures or who have different sexualities.

Now, I understand that with your religion, people might get the message that romantic love between a man and woman is the right one. I also support the traditional way of man and womans` love because I am more used to seeing that in tv series, movies and so on. Because it IS the natural way of getting children. No one could deny that.

BUT, I know people who are christians and who support gay marriage. They say that as long as people are nice and not forcing anything to them, they wont do it either.

Christian culture is very certainly not gonna degenerate. Isnt it Gods`  own words which say that everyone has to be treated as they are. If you dont like people who have other sexualities other than straight, then why even deal with them? Your explaining wont make anything easier for them. They ARE born with that, get it? It is in their GENES. You can call it mutation or anything you would like if you really hate them. I wouldnt. It is so small percentage that it wont even matter. 

Arent you rather happy that people can now be how they really are? I mean, if you would be one, HOW would you feel if someone says that you shouldnt exist because of YOUR sexuality. Or rather, let me ask you: have you ever been BULLIED because you are christian? Yes? No? I have no idea because I dont know you. You were probably raised as a christian.  You were taught the ways and beliefs of christians. But these arent the only ways and beliefs people can be raised up with. A chinese child can be raised as moslem or christian, an american can be raised as a hindu and so on.

Gays and people with other sexualities werent even raised like that. They werent taught how to be gay because they have mothers and fathers. Do you get that? They dont have any choice.

If you are going to tell me that people need to be killed or changed because of their sexuality then dont even bother talking to me. I personally respect everyone who doesnt do bad things to others. And dont worry, there are enough christians out there who still hate gay people. There will always be. There cant be such thing as complete perfection. And because of that, there will be wars, and bullying and other bad stuff. Because yeah, that is life. 
You just failed..... I don't live in America -_-
then you're not important :no:
Neih, I am, pretty sure you're not. At least not to your country. Or life
i am more important than you :)
Ha! Don't make me laugh. A worthlos prick like you is probably less important than a fly
flies help decompose animals and also pollinate things. they're very important to their respective ecosystems. :)
View all replies
I see your username describes the results of your attempts at trolling.