Ten Commandments

Should we go back to Tyndale Bible ...
  Where it say's ... Thou shall not kill...
  Compared to James ... Thou shall not murder ...

If we did the same to the Koran ...ie:

Changed ...thou shall not murder...
                 to ...  thou shall not kill

Wouldn't that make all the execution texts in the Koran, and Hadith redundant ...?
Comments23
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Who killed Judas?
Your mom. :iconicameplz:
He committed sucide. Which is against the law of God of the Bible. So, who ever commit sucide is no the child of God.
but Judas isn't the child of God. Jesus is.
I'm an Atheist and even I know this :D
What makes you think that Christians and Muslims follow their holy books in the first place?

Regards
DL
The KJV says "kill" there, so what are you talking about?
Murder means to kill outside of the law ... So it's saying it's alright to take life, providing it's within the law, where as ...thou shall not kill is blanket ban on killing anyone... So if the change from "murder" to "kill" ... All those hate texts, could be taken out of Koran ... And other books and scriptures.
I know what the words mean. The point is you seem to think the KJV says "murder" there. It does not. It says "kill".
I think there's two versions  of KJV one says murder the other says kill ... I'm not really concerned with Christians since there religion ain't the main problem in the world ...
No, there aren't. The KJV is not the same as the NKJV or the KJV21. It's the NKJV that says "murder".
That what I said there's two different versions ...one say murder the other says kill...:D
And you don't need to go back to Tyndale for that. Most versions say "kill" there.
The 10 Commandments are a waste, nearly half of them are anti-blasphemy laws. If you are going to adopt 10 religious principles, use the 10 Yamas of Hinduism. Nonviolence,  truthfulness, not stealing, continence, forgiveness, fortitude, compassion, non hypocricy, measured diet, and purity.
continence

those poor incontinent people... :stare:
Hey you're stealing my job, get back in your psychology box, and analyze the Freudian slip..
why do i always have to be the serious one? :noes:
:fella: Here I go, back in MY box :fellarectum:
Have you tried Indian food? Being able to control one's bowels is a must when you're living off that stuff.
indian food is wonderful stuff. can't imagine living on it, though.
If you could convince Islam to live by them, we in Europe would be very grateful ...
Good people will do good things and bad people will do bad things. It doesn't matter which religious code they believe in.
Islamist use the religious code in the Koran, and Hadith, to justify what they do ... So it does matter .