Woohoo ... we survived Doom (again)

If you can read this, it means you have survived yet another doomsday prediction. Love 

Thats right my children, according to the ebible fellowship the world should have ended 2 days ago, the 7th..... but it didn't.... www.ebiblefellowship.com/archi…

Makes you wonder when the next knobhead will predict the next doomsday to occur =P (Razz) 

I can't wait to survive my next doomsday :happybounce: 
Comments76
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I don't know when the end will come, but it will come from the stars. In the form of a nuclear device leaving Earth and then coming back to kill everyone.
It sucks, I know. I was hoping for a massive display of fireworks...
God barks; caravan passes.
We've survived doomsday three times in a month! :D I'M BUYING A LOTTERY TICKET!!
Nooooo you fool; that's the gambler's fallacy!
What's the gambler's fallacy?
When you think that something cool like an extinction event is due to happen soon, just because it hasn't happened in a while.
So how is that a fallacy?
because the odds are still the same (which is to say - next to nil).
This universe is infinite. All religions say so. I we die theres life somewere else. If the planets gone some will remain and regrow. When a star blows up it turns into something else. Theres a reason for everything. Really the 7th. Wernt we supposed to all die 28th! In my opinion the governments are trying to scare us to weaken us.
At any one time on Earth there is someone predicting the end. People have been predicting the end for a long time, and yet it hasn't happened, just as "the Big One (earthquake)" hasn't happened though it is said that it isn't "if it will happen", but "when it will happen"   Remember, when the Mayan calendar went sour in 2012 it was said the apocalypse would happen? Well it didn't in case you missed it.  Just be forewarned, when you least expect it, it will come upon you like a thief in the night.
 "Just be forewarned, when you least expect it, it will come upon you like a thief in the night".
Well paraphrased, indeed.

"Lord will come just like a thief in the night"

Thanks for reminding me of this great line, giving credit where it's due, the bible had some good lines and appropriately apocalyptic.
I believe it inspired Byron's...

"The Assyrian came down like the wolf on the fold"

edit:This line might apply to the current situation in Europe with the Assyrian wolves in sheep's clothing coming down on the sheep of western  Europe, heralding a different apocalypse. 
Aren't the majority of Assyrians part of Christendom? If I recall right, there is the Assyrian Christian Party in one of the countries of the Middle East, somewhere.
see my response, below.
My ignorance, I was just assuming the ancient Assyrians came from the general region of Syria.  
yeah, Assyrian and Assyria seem to be different from what i can tell. Assyrians are Syrian christians, while the Assyrian empire was somewhere in what is now modern-day Iraq (so the ancient Assyrians would have been Persian?).
(so the ancient Assyrians would have been Persian?)

No, a Semitic people. The Persians came in a little later.

The official language of the ancient Assyrian Empire was an Akkadian dialect (Assyrian), but the lingua franca was  Aramaic. Both are Semitic languages. Modern Assyrians (both in Syria and Iraq) apparently still speak Aramaic, so there might be a continuity between ancient and modern Assyrians.

The terminology is a mess though, apparently "Assyrian", "Aramaic" and "Syriac" (but not "Syrian"!) basically refer to the same thing, whether speaking of peoples, languages or churches.
thanks for the clarification, once again. and yeah, the mess of terminology was apparent to me (even just the difference between the meaning of Assyrian and Assyria...  sure, there may be a continuity, there, but that's not clear.).
View all replies
It's amazing what agnostics and atheists are doing- the bible is being attributed less and less every day! :dummy:
Just to be clear I'm an atheist but I do remember some of the good lines that I was taught as a catholic kid.

I would never take from a source without acknowledgement unless it's a given that we all know the source. 
the whole Mayan calendar debacle was a classic case of the public misinterpreting due to ignorance, or demagogues willfully misinterpreting to mislead. all it really meant was either the calendar was unfinished, or that the thing resets and a new era starts. that's it. no apocalypse was implied by the end of the calendar whatsoever.
My fave doomsday theory was by Drunvalo Melchizedek.  He wrote that the world ended in 1987 when the Sun went nova.  Human consciousnesses were placed in a simulation until the damage could be repaired.  

Drunvalo says if you don't believe it, he will understand. 
Isn't that the plot of Blazblue?
Never heard of Blazblue.  But Drum's hallucination, err, theory is the same as a subplot in one of Kurt Vonnegut's novels.