Angels

has anyone every seen them? and why does the bible describe them as "wheels with eyes?"
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
According to some people, the bible says angels are so powerful that just the sight of one would make you blind. 
I think there are only two (technically three) types of angels explicitly mentioned in the Five Books (and a lot more in the Prophets, but that's a separate topic):
*The Cherubim (which is multiple of Keruv, lol, learn your Hebrew) that were made onto the Ark of Covenant.
They looked like winged children of sorts and represented such things like love, for example.
*The angels that came to visit Abraham and later saved Lot (also the angels that spoke to Hagar, etc).
They looked completely "human", though that's NOT their "actual" look at all - it was them "acting human, while with humans", of sorts.
They even "ate", lol.
This group includes those famous dudes like Gavriel, Michael, Rephael, lol.
*The pre-Flood angels who "came down and married human women, and gave birth to giants".
They obviously had to do this "in human form", but it's unclear as to how they "looked" beforehand (as in, what was their technically status and mission).

Also, angels DO come in all sorts of "forms" and "shapes" - because an angel is a spiritual representation of each and every physical object or concept, from the most minute to the most grand.
But they DO NOT have physical bodies (unless they "wear" them, like in the case of Abraham and those pre-Flood ones).
I don't even understand HOW exactly they do it - but they certainly are rather spiritual beings, NOT physical at all.
You could say they are "chunks of spiritual matter", so to speak - like a lightining being a "chunk of energy", kinda.
Sure have. On a few reruns. But I haven't seen Charlie though. All that sonofabitch does is talk over that stupid intercom. Not sure about that 'wheels with eyes' stuff though. I would call them 'tits with lips'.
My mom saw hers when she had jaw surgery and was in a lot of pain.
It doesn't.  That's the throne.  The angels were the seraphim surrounding it.

And from what I gather, angels come in all shapes and sizes.
Let's go girls!
Ezekiel 1:1-28, the wheels-within-wheels were of the chariot God rode; not angels.

1st bible reference that maybe angels is genesis 1:16 "then God said, let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness...".

2nd bible reference that maybe angels is genesis 3:24 "after he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim....."

3rd bible reference that maybe angels is genesis 6:2 "the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful..."

4th bible reference that maybe angels is genesis 18:1-2 "the Lord appeared to abraham near the great trees of mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day. abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby..."

so (off topic)
surrounded by male angels only, the biblical God must have latent homosexual tendencies. and considering the biblical God create woman last and made her stupid enough to fall for the serpents ruse and then put a lot of blame on her, then the biblical God must also have had suppressed misogynist tendencies. what an interesting patient the biblical God would of been for sigmund freud.
Yes, they exists, I also have one and that's the reason I can draw angels so realistic, one particular angel actually (And no, she is not fiction as few others have seen her as well IRL, and also saved my life a couple of times. I just put her story to fiction, so people can read it and also capable to accept her a lot better and faster if she is presented as a fictive being.). And why do the bible describes them with that? Who knows? The bible, so as the majority of the holy text description mistaken about them in many things. i.e.: they says there are male angels only, which is the greatest BS and the most idiotic part of all (My one is a kind winged lady.). Then there are the stock name angels, Michael, Raphael, Uriel and such. All fiction. Angels existed and still exists with these names, but these names are common as Steven or Joe these days. Furthermore angels, so as demons has their own religion, belief. Actually, believe it or not, they believe in the very same thing, just approach it from two different perspectives, which is causing the conflict between them. Furthermore they're not as rigid, don't have that deep thundering voice, and are not those ice statue beings as it is described or presented. Actually if you would stand near one while they hide their wings, you wouldn't notice it as they usually act as human beings, has feelings and dreams, can tell jokes and such. Angels and demons are spirit beings, quantum creatures that are living in the spirit / quantum realm. Get a black obsidian mirror, start to learn mirror scrying and you can see them as well. Its not a big secret. And if you practice enough, you'll be able to see them even without mirror scrying.
If you are talking about the bible verses related to Ezekiels vision. Look under the topic of en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkabah…

Story has it that inside every Angel, Human and Alien exists a hidden ufo a so called Merkaba. If you delve into the New Age community enough you will hear some bizarre and entertaining claims about it. It makes for some fascinating reading. How much is fact and how much is fiction who cares.
I see them all the time doing cat walks.
and why does the bible describe them as "wheels with eyes?"

You put that in quote marks as if that's what the Bible says, but the Bible doesn't say exactly that.

There are supposed to be several classes of angel, the exact nature and number of which varies by tradition. The Wheels (Hebrew: Ophanim) are only one of them, and in Ezekiel they were associated with the Cherubim, who were in that case described as having four faces and four wings.

Short answer: Not all angels are conceived of as anthropomorphic.