Two things i dont get

First, if hell is a joke why do atheists get so bent out of shape over it.

Secondly, why are gays called gay? they are among the bitterest people i've come across, seems a bit of a misnomer to me.

Can anybody shed a light?
Comments493
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Because U troll.
1. They do?...I don't. 
2. Because you met every gay person in the world right? :XD: ....Most gays I know are happy, outgoing and very friendly!
1. Because you idiots like to use the concept of Hell to force any non-believer to believe in God and will not let off until one does.
2. I would not be surprise if you shat on them and whine when they hated you.
1. so its our fault?
2. no, that would be too gay
1. Yes.
2. But you love to do that to them.
Some people don't like the idea of telling childrent hat they will burn for eternity if they don't suck Jesus' dick. 
Although, as far as it goes, the devil is the lesser evil between him and god and I'd rather burn a free man then be a slave to utopia. 
youre brave now, crap yourself later.
"and I'd rather burn a free man then be a slave to utopia." -- stupid too.
I'd like to think I'll be brave later as well, thanks.
Hell: A) people should do good things or they will go to hell. People shouldn't do bad things or they will go to hell. What sort of a moral lesson is that? Id rather we teach and know that good things are done to benefit our species, not out of fear.
B) there is no verified proof of hell.
C) you do not survive your death.

Gays: A) homosexuality is natural.
B) how pathetically horrid of you say they are ALL bitter.
Fear? am i motivated by fear? and whats wrong with bad people having a fear? might motivate them to be better people.

"B) there is no verified proof of hell. " -- yes there is, Our Lord specifically mentions gehenna in the gospels, therefore its the gospel truth.

c, you saying Our Lord lied on the cross when he comforted the good thief?

gays
a, not even remotely in a supergays wildest dream
b, lot of them are vindictive too
"Fear? am i motivated by fear?"

"youre brave now, crap yourself later."

You are clearly motivated by fear, and your religious ideology is nothing but an attempt to give your fear to/intimidate others with an empty threat of eternal torture. The sick thing here is you tell yourself you are being a 'good person' by doing this, when in reality all you have achieved is blindly submitting your freewill to a clearly corrupt authority, in reality your self-righteousness is moral cowardice. You aren't a good person, you said the inquisition and crusades ergo the mass slaughter of innocents were a good thing, and have falsely linked pedophilia to homosexuality. You are clearly a morally repugnant, inhuman piece of shit, and any 'heaven' which would have you would still be hell for most of us.
B) that isn't verified proof, quite clearly

C) that's what I'm saying, also how do we know that was said?
Why isn't homosexuality natural?

Unnatural is defined as:
1. Artificial.
2. Not the normal course of nature or natural development.
AIDS and Ebola are also natural. This specific logical fallacy is called "Appeal to nature".

Animals also eat their babies so the fact that some animals show signs of homosexuality is not an argument either.
If you want to hate gays than do that all you want.
It took you a day to write this "argument"

Disappointing tbh. You should've stayed with Islam.
I'm not on my pc 24/7. Are you?
*I'm not bent over hell, cause I know a lot of people will be in it with me...I'll have a 99 percent chance of landing in hell even if I was religious, considering they're tons of religions, so therefore tons of hell and only one can be right. (just imagine it's some religion practiced by only five people) so yeah...When I get there I'll probably get their I'll throw a slumber party! any unlucky soul that didn't pick the right religion is invited! Or...the place doesn't exist and I don't get my sleepover :( 

*well I've seen a lot of happy gays :) oh and I think the name came up around the 1920's when gays didn't get the 'You deserve to die you piece of shit treatment!' that they get today. Then America and lots of parts in England had gay cinemas, magazines, bars, clubs.. you name it. A lot of gays were considered a bit too flamboyant and overly joyed, thus the name 'gay'. Hope you enjoyed this history lesson :)
I dont think you quite get hell.

Theres probable something in the whole flamboyant thing you said
Oh I do... I've been going to the catholic church for a very long time  :D But I guess since I don't agree with everything and use religion therapeutically instead of you know... I'm ending up in the shit hole anyway. I don't get the big deal about hell, it probably doesn't exist. And if it did bo-who I suffer for eternity. If I'm not bothered by it you shouldn't bother about it for me.
In terms of it being used as a threat, I've heard one reasoning being that since hell is the theists equivalent of the worst thing you can wish on someone it is the psychological equivalent of endless upper world torture.
I'm not sure I entirely buy it because there is always that doubt and curiosity of what lies afterward.
Well we know hell is something more than nothing because Our Lord mentions gehenna in the gospels
I meant buy the psychological reasoning, not that hell isn't referenced in the New Testament.