parts of religion disproved by science

I'm curious as to 1. What has indeed been disproved. 2. What various people on here will say has been disproved but lack references to their arguments.

so if be you thinker or troll
bring it :)
Comments389
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
parts of science has disproven most of science already
In case you didn't misprint - yes, indeed.
Very much exactly.
because science were disproven, so whats the matter if science tries to disprove something they cant disprove at all
Instead I'm going to take a crack at how I think science has tried to disprove religion. Because I don't know how it actually has, and don't entirely care because in my mind if there's a God we wouldn't understand it enough to prove it's existence or not. It'd have to prove itself.

So all the ways of how I think science has tried to disprove religion.
First and foremost is time and history. Very often I see dating of religious sites and artifacts to prove they weren't around when they were supposed to be. I like this one the most because it seems like the most absolute however sometimes it doesn't account for the fact many replicas may be made of the same object for shrines or loss of the actual object.
Second on the list is the creation situation. Where science tries to prove down to the subatomic particle that this came from that and that wasn't God. Except what they'll tell you is you can break it down all you want and give it all the fancy names you want but eventually your going to run out of components and when you run out of components it's more hard to find a source. A more summed up version of that is that it's easier to find components of something rather than to find the absolute source of say, I dunno everything. And this one really gets me because the majority of scientist who I've seen that use this method have tried to shape the situation as everything directly being a result of one thing. Because that's easiest to disprove. The way I see it however is this one thing that made this other thing that made this other thing and so on and so on. And in my mind the source of that would operatively be what we call God. Those are the two methods I've seen most bit I'm sure there's more than two.
I would actually like for people to tell me exactly what in the bible that relates to science has been disproven. I myself am Christian, and very dedicated to the bible. I have been doing research and trying to put together the pieces to explain a link between science and the bible and allow a path of coexistence between science and religion (basically saying that the bible just states science, as certain processes may just be metaphors that are surprisingly close to what science teaches). I am willing to take everything that you guys can offer. Just note, whatever you give me, please give me notion as to where it's found (doesn't have to be exact, just to the best of your knowledge) and please talk about how it was disproven (not as in the experiments tested, but what the current knowledge is). Also, for certain incidences, please give me each individual part that is false seperatly (ex: the creation story, about earth, light, and life, all seperated).
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=…

Starting from there and up to 24:40 is a pretty concise refutation of Biblical cosmology.
How about the flood? The global flood doesn't fit with our scientific knowledge, but a localized flood doesn't fit with the bible's description of where the ark landed, and a metaphorical story doesn't fit with the bible's written ancestry.
Umm well in the Hadith it says something about one half of a fly's wing containing a disease and the other half containing the cure, so if a fly lands in your drink, you should take it out and dip it in your drink again :S Of course this goes against science, there are many, and i mean many such examples of this ignorance in the Hadith but i guess the Hadith is more human knowledge rather than divine, so such ignorance is expected, However, when you question the Qur'an, you could find a line which says the sun sets into murky water, or it sits under God's throne and is let go again in the morning, quite clearly showing that the Qur'an teaches the earth is flat and shows no knowledge of the shape of the earth, maybe some other examples like the moon being a light, the moon is far from being a light (Even Aristotle figured out 1000 years earlier that the moon reflected light) and perhaps saying shooting stars are being thrown by demons/devils, or some such line. As for the Bible, well it's hard for anyone to have much belief in the bible as so much of it has been shown to be Stolen/Myth/Lies but some of the scientific claims it does get wrong (excluding miracles of course) are the Moon is a light, there is a roof over the world, and stars are tiny objects, also the Bible and the Qur'an differentiate clearly between stars and the sun, even though the sun is a star, i mean if you ask any Muslim about mistakes in the Qur'an, they will claim either it has a different meaning in classical Arabic, or it is metaphorical and i don't get it, as for the Bible, i don't see how anyone could believe in that book when it's filled with such nonsense and myths.

It's obvious to me that the contents of the Bible and the Qur'an correspond to knowledge held at the time, they both offer no insight scientifically or morally, i mean when you consider that large parts of the Bible are human written made up/reworded stories or past events, and the Qur'an encourages people to read the Bible, this shows me that the entire system of Abrahamic religion is completely false, and on a further note, if the God we learn about in the Qu'ran was indeed true, and real, then such a God deserves no respect, given his views on slavery and women, among other things, you can rape your slave, womens testimony is worth half a man, stoning people to death, disbelievers go to hell but rapists, thieves and sex offenders can be forgiven, oh and... If a woman says no to her husband if he asks for Sexual intercourse, then angels will curse her 'til the morning! seriously... how can anyone respect such a God?

and why does God promote people to have circumcision? before teaching them about germs or anesthetic, why didn't he tell the people performing this mutilation to sterilize their instruments at least, or wash their hands? why would he tell people of 2000/1400 years ago to remove areas of perfectly healthy skin, which serves absolutely no purpose, whatsoever, and how can it say God created us in his image, his perfect image and then ask us to remove parts of ourselves because we're unclean!! it makes no freaking sense, it's absurd.

and as for references to say whether the sun sits on a throne and sets in murky water, whether flies have a cure in their wings and demons are throwing shooting stars, don't insult anyones intelligence by asking for such things :D

People love to cherry pick, you can pick some nice lines, you can find a line saying homosexuality is bad, you can find a line saying love your neighbour, but you can't pick those lines and say, see, God says this! and then totally ignore lines in the Bible which say, “I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” and say oh we live in a modern society now, this isn't relevant.

It's complete rubbish

so yeah that :P

God is but a higher essense of what we are. 
The truth of the matter is you can't prove that God exists. BUT nor can you prove that he doesn't. It's rather baffling how many people believe that you exclusively have to either believe in science or a religious faith. You can both agree with scientific theories while also having a religious belief.
No. God said, we're all spiritually dead who cannot see nor can hear the truth. Until, God open yours spiritual eyes and ears. Only then you can start to believe in Him. 
According to your religion.. Have you read any other holy books and know somehow they are not true...
Probably not....I mean, his god says this is the true religion, like any other god would say about their religion ...and you know, sheeple!
God made man, man made money
God made bees, bees made honey
God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs. Dinosaurs eat man. Bees inherit the earth!
Nobody can prove God exsits. its like beleiving in unicrns
Learn English Bitch...

:mikefuckyou:  Here is some sign language troll... 
Bich i will CUT you
Oh gee I so scared... Grow up...