Unconditional love

Why are we made to bend to or look for love that is almost always conditional, from other people.

Cant we know an unconditional love, we have always, forever known in the world that hates us?
Comments75
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
is possible, but the odd thing is that most poeple want to receive love, and the idea is to give love, if everione is to give love, eventually everione would receive it also, but if everyone expect to receive it only, you never would at all
Conditions are good and healthy. I love conditions. Conditions challenge you and make you improve a relationship and yourself as a person. They help you learn about yourself and how your actions effect others.

Reasonable conditions  anyway lol. I mean, if my boyfriend was all like "IF YOU DON'T DYE YOUR HAIR PINK IMMA BREAK UP WITH YOU" then I'd smack him upside the head and tell him to grow the f*** up lol. But if he's all like "Your crazy mood-swings keep me on edge and I don't know if I can handle it if you don't put any effort into keeping them under control" then I would appreciate that he cares enough about me and our relationship to be honest and let me know that my actions are effecting him. And I care about him and our relationship enough to not want to have a negative impact on him.

Relationships are too complicated for one to say "I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER AND NOT WANT YOU TO CHANGE ANYTHING EVER"
Unconditional love is nothing to do with relationships. Its like a mother or father love for their children. They love them no matter what.
Is that what's being talked about here? Parental love? I'm lost.
Conditional love can be underestimated.
No thanks, I want conditions on my love :)
If you want to experience any kind of love, you need to learn to love yourself first (in a healthy way).
An overused statement, but also very true.
Or, you need to love yourself before you can love anybody else...
which is cool, cuz I love me! I am falling more in love with myself everyday. :D
That's the spirit! xD
Sheesh these people got some bad feels a bout any kinda love it seems.
Love is just stupid. It makes people act dumb. 
Also, it fades away. So love is useless.
Unconditional could be described as obsessive and obsession is mental illness.
your parents must be crazy
Unconditional (regardless of circumstances and events) could be described as obsessive (illogical excessive and or fanatical) and obsession is mental illness (illogical and unbalanced mental state).

You could say that the need to fulfill the obsession is equivalent to the need to fulfill a drug addiction... unhealthy for body and mind. The only person who could tolerate such an obsession from a partner, would be one equally unbalanced, with a need for an uncritical partner because they could not tolerate their own flaws being exposed.

I see and work with these people every day. These relationships violate the laws of nature and will eventually violently explode.   
I'd have to say it isn't impossible because well I live the earth and people unconditionally I even forgive people as horrible as Hitler. I may constantly complain about how were on a path of mutually assured destruction like in the song Peace sells by Megadeth, I still love humanity despite it's flaws and would give my own life to save it if given the chance.
Is love not like faith in the St. James definition of faith?

Does love not become true and real love only when works and deed are performed to show it?

Jesus said we would know his people, which would be loving people, by their works and deeds.

Can you have true love with someone without both doing things for each other?

I don't think so.

Regards
DL
True unconditional love doesn't exist. Simple as that.
Then I must be an exception to that rule because I love the human race unconditionally and would give my life to save it if I could. I'm dead serious about that, and I'm the guy who constantly says we are in a path of self destruction.
You aren't special, and "unconditional" love doesn't exist. All love is conditional.

We can label things as unconditional love and get close to it, but we can never truly love anything without condition. It's human nature.
I am dead serious dude I would sacrifice my own life to save anyone dude, The definition of love I use is the willingness to sacrifice one's own life for another person. If you can't understand then there is no point discussing this with me.
You're the one who started the discussion?

So, tell me.... if someone murdered a close friend or family member of yours right in front of you, would you still sacrifice your life for them?

And your definition of love is not necessarily the same as every other person's definition.
Yes I would I'm the type of person who forgives Hitler and Stalin.
View all replies