Is creating false guilt for profit by religions a good moral tenet?

Is creating false guilt for profit by religions a good moral tenet?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5V…

One of the lies for profit by the Churches seems to be the invention of hell to instill fear and loosen the purse strings and increase the indulgences people pay to save their souls, which were never condemned in the first place.

Another example of this for profit lying by Christianity would be Original Sin. This was something unknown to the Jews who have a different interpretation of their myths. To them, Eden was we were elevated, not where we fell.

Is creating false guilt for profit a good moral tenet and should a religion that does so be followed?

Or would God forbid such a sin and curse those religions to hell?

Regards

DL

Comments41
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I am Christian and I don"t think so?
Yet you support a church that does.

You might wonder why you support thieves.

Regards
DL
I'd say that the mistake about the Original Sin is a different one (or maybe you DO touch upon it, can't see clearly).
The thing is -it's not "inherited" as a GUILT TRIP, only merely as a "human state".
That is, we aren't GUILTY or RESPONSIBLE for it (unlike what Christianity is built upon, cue the whole "salvation" shtick) - but we still SUFFER because of it (until the World to Come, though, which will rectify ALL sins and will remove ALL "evil" altogether).
Very similar to how someone spoiled a dish - and then his family has to eat it nonetheless.
They aren't GUILTY of anything, including cooking (someone ELSE did it) - but the DISH they have to eat anyways, is still horrible.
Scriptures say that all of God's works are perfect.

Strange that you do not see it or like the taste.

Strange that you think your God such an incompetent creator that he has to re-do creation and get it right the second time around.

Either you cannot see properly or your word is wrong.

Your choice.

Regards
DL
Quote required, since I can smell the lack of depth in understanding actual quotes from a mile.

What about God WANTING it this way?
After all, He definitely doesn't NEED anything (creation AND people included), so IF He chose to create us and everything, there must be a goal to it.

Also, I did read God's own words, have you?
No, not HUMAN words of how "they encountered God after overdosing one day" - actually God's own words, literally.
LOL!
Thanks for sharing your fantasy.

"Quote required, since I can smell the lack of depth in understanding actual quotes from a mile."

Seems that you have yet to put the laws of Jesus in your heart.

Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is

in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they

say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will

precede you. Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is

outside of you. [Those who] become acquainted with [themselves]

will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you

will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living

Father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty

and it is you who are that poverty."

Is the kingdom of God not perfect to you?

-------------------------------

I like to use the term evolving perfection for nature. Otherwise, a perfect God or nature becomes a stagnant pool of information and our souls and consciousness as a part of that perfection would be useless to the universe.

Evolving, the perfection of whatever God and nature was, to whatever God and nature will be, means we have to think this way, unless you see God as somehow losing his initial perfection. This is not allowed in a perfect God’s or natures repertoire.

When this was written, most thought it to just be a cynical view of life but I think it is quite true and irrefutable, based on the anthropic principle and pure logic.

What do you think?

Candide.

"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmc72f…

This is done by nature and not a God but would be a requirement of a God if he were real.

Regards

DL

Well, since I'm, duh, JEWISH, loool.

The JEWISH way?
For sure.
I've been referring to it quite so often, it's called "the World to Come", where God will be REVEALED to the extent of us LITERALLY seeing the Godliness within the PHYSICALITY itself.
It's too long to explain in one post, but I doubt you are even remotely interested anyways.

Key PROBLEM:
"Based on ANTHROPIC principle and logic."
This is where the shit hits the fan - and starts STINKING.
But I've told this 9000 times before, so there's no need (or benefit) of repeating it again.

I'm tired of explaining how God is NOT "nature", "natural" or "logic bound".
You lot just keep shrugging it off, though I guess you ARE too dumb to realize what I even mean there.
Should I quote you a wise man's ANSWER to that?
Yes/No?
"the World to Come", where God will be REVEALED to the extent of us LITERALLY seeing the Godliness within the PHYSICALITY itself."

That is basically what that Jesus quote said.

Strange you did not notice it.

These are old concepts.

If you can't see God in all, you can't see God at all.

-Anon

Regards
DL
I didn't CARE, let's say it this way.

Also, Jesus was Jewish, so I don't see why SHOULDN'T he say it anyways.

I agree with Anon.
Except now we "think that we see", while in the future we WILL see, literally (maybe not in the same physical sense as we see now, but with exactly as much CLARITY for sure).
View all replies
Greatest-Troll-I-Am, I have missed you. 
Nah. If so you would have answered the question.

Regards
DL
I hate false guilt.
Not all religions cause false guilt. And not only religions cause false guilt to raise profit. Fraud and emotional appeals is not strictly a religious tendency, it's a human tendency stemming from greed and the understanding that most people have emotions that are easily fooled.

A non-religious example would be your neighbor telling you how his daughter is dying from cancer and needs monetary support, when in reality he has no daughter.

People lie. Liars that are also religious makes religious lies.
No argument.

Most do not lie while saying theu are close to God.

I see this as a breach of trust issue.

Regards
DL
Churches, as organizations, should be held to a higher standard because of the trust that is given to them.

Undeserved from my POV but they get it from others nevertheless.

Regards
DL 
For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness
If you're gonna quote the bible at least put the verse. Also, I like how you didn't mention the judgement part of the verse that is in nearly every translation. 
I leave that to the OP. My ability to respond on a mobile device is limited.

If he's as smart as he thinks he is, he'll figure it out.
Nah you are just lazy and leaving parts out on purpose. 
You're right. I've lost interest in taking the OP seriously.
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

For if there was glory in the ministry of condemnation, the ministry of righteousness must far exceed it in glory.

And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.
Is Hell an invention of the Church? I thought it was in Scripture.
Try to find it in the O.T.. It is not there.

You can believe that Jesus is God if you like but then you would have him, who would not judge a prostitute, judging people for even less and letting them fry in hell, even for just not believing in an invisible Jesus up in the sky.

Regards
DL