If evolution is true, how come there are still monkeys around?

Checkmate Atheists!
Comments413
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:lock: Locked as this is flamebait/trollbait.

FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?
Captain Obvious strikes again!
Oooh, sarcasm! My soul is crushed! :D
TheMasterButcher999 gains experience points!
Nobody gains experience points on the internet. Only real life can provide that. :)
All primates, including us, have a common ancestor.
athiests don't have to be evolutionists.

stalemate.
Monkeys likely are still around because speciation happens when a population of a species becomes separate from another population and is unable to breed with one another. So it's possible that a population of monkeys got separated from another population. One group might have evolved into humans, the other stayed monkeys. That usually how it works.

Edit - Also, would everyone stop with the "creationist vs. scientist" argument and pretend that evolution is completely true. (Not that it isn't true.) 

2nd Edit - Sorry I said that, it's just that the "theory" of evolution makes sense to me.
 :iconcryforeverplz::iconcryforeverplz::iconcryforeverplz::iconcryforeverplz::iconcryforeverplz::iconcryforeverplz:

Why did you do it BB? Why did you take your own life? 
Who is BB and what did I miss? I see their hate posts everywhere.
The only bb I know of is Balloon Boy, but that can't be right...
Honestly, no clue. Some reg's lazy troll account I assume. It was a mildly amusing troll and I miss the a little.

By a total coincidence, :icondazimmerman: arrived around the time BB left...
It's the summer curse!
Will you organize the memorial service?
I will but first BB's will must be uncovered. There's debate as to whether she wanted cremation, or a traditional Polish Catholic funeral.
You just found out you hated life.:(
Oh. I guess I should've read this post before posting my question. 

It does seem to be the most logical answer. 
Their icon is still haunting me.
It simply : monkeys saw what came humans and they don't want to evolve
Lol what a troll topic.
Yes there is evolution. Animals have to adapt to live with us; there is even recent proof of that. So don't deny evolution. But we come from monkeys...pfft yea right. They find ONE set deformed bones and call that the missing link!? What about the precambrian explosion. I mean come on; you go from single-cell organisms to armored fish, trilobites, jellyfish, crabs, etc. There isnt a single fossil record of "the between." Evolution is suppose to be a gradual process or millions of years, but yet there isnt a gradual process anywhere!
"But we come from monkeys...pfft yea right."

Fourth sentence in and you have already revealed you have no understanding of human evolution.