I've been thinking

When I get older (19-20 perhaps), I plan to become a Nordic Pagan, and I wish to know if there are any rituals I need to perform, or how to celebrate pagan holidays.
Comments20
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
you might want to look into Asatru:  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81sa…

i'm not Asatruar, but i know they hold celebrations and have a decent community thing going. i'm not really the communal sort - more of a solitary shamanic sort.  i have a personal interaction with some of the Norse deities.  mine is a strange path, and i don't have any specific rituals or anything that could help you in that regard.

have you read the Eddas?
I've read through the article, and no, I have not heard of the Eddas, but I 'll look into them. Thanks for the link by the way!
no problem. :)

the Poetic Eddas are the only surviving writings we have from the old Norse.  the Prose Edda is a bit easier to read, but you have to keep in mind it was written by a dude with christian influences, so it's not exactly "pure" (he added a few things that aren't in the original Poetic Eddas, one of which is quite clearly of christian fabulation).

you might want to pick up a book or two on Runes.  Edred Thorsson has written quite a few, and he is very knowledgeable on them, as well as being a great writer.
That's so much older....
Ehh, I edited it >.> I added 20 or 19 instead of 15
I feel like you've probably got it backwards though. Rather than wanting to be a nordic pagan and then trying to figure out what it's about, shouldn't you be choosing it because you like what it's about? The way you have it seems like you think being nordic pagan sounds cool and trendy, but don't really know what it really is.
I'm actually trying to do research on it, see what to do, all that jazz. I might not practice the blood sacrifices though.
In which case why don't you just come to a series of beliefs that works for you, regardless of whether they are part of a specific religion or not. You're treating your personal beliefs like an apartment search, so that you can attach a label to yourself for what reason?
Hmm... Your right, maybe I do need to think about it more, if blood sacrifices have to be part of being a Nordic Pagan, then maybe Nordic Paganism might not be my click. I might look over Egyptian Paganism and Shamanism just for more brainstorming on what I want to be.
But why do you have to be something?
View all replies
:lol: When I was 15ish I wanted to be a witch. Give yourself 5 years to figure shit out before you jump into something.
I changed the age on this thing .>.> but I know I need to wait ^^
Alright, I will ^^
You will still not be old enough to formulate a responsible conclusion. Don't be so quick to jump on things you'll regret in your adulthood.
Maybe your right, even though I do desire to be a pagan, Nordic isn't really for me... I 'll keep looking though, and thanks for the advice.