Does having evil and perverted thoughts make you evil and perverted

say you're a person with good morals and always tries to do the right thing but keep having stray thoughts that people would call evil and or perverted , what kind of person are you truly
Comments49
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
in your head: no it doesn't .. because it's whispers from devil .. it happened to everyone .. 
you put it in action: now you're following what the devil said .. but still no!! why?? u're not dead yet .. you can lose the road as many times ad you want .. but u must go back to it :D .. 
it's not about being a good human (people have their hard times).. it's about dying on the road to it !! 
The New Testament covers this.

The answer is no.
Probably depends on how you pocket it
No it' makes you human
By that logic, having the occasional good thought would make you a good person, so you are in the clear provided you can manage to get the murder out of your head for a few seconds.

As I see it, doing bad makes someone bad. Thoughts don't do anything to hurt anyone.
Thoughts lead to action.
Not necessarily. If they did, the  traffic jam I got stuck in on my way to work this morning would be littered with bodies.
It's only a sin if you believe it
I like to plot against my enemies
I can never have a good character in skyrim

They are always theiving murderers.
If so I am evil and perverted....
Intrusive thoughts are common to most people. If you only do good things that probably matters more than thoughts you don't act on.
Thoughts never hurt anybody, with the possible exception of poorly-trained telepaths. :3 Seriously, though, "evil and perverted?" By who's standards? What goes on in your own mind is your own business, and it doesn't concern anybody unless they become actions. Besides, I suspect that a person who considers their thoughts "evil and perverted" has merely been convinced by someone else that they are evil and perverted.
would murder count as evil?
First of all, I don't believe in an objective "good" and "evil." Everything is subject to interpretation. Besides, my initial point still stands: thoughts never hurt anyone. I'm sure we all know somebody we'd like to kill.
well what about peadophillia?(excuse wrong spelling)

going off murder, I tend to figure out several ways to kill everyone I meet.is that evil?(I'm dead serious)
Again, thoughts never hurt anyone. If somebody thinks about having sex with children, but never does it, there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, a person in that position is perhaps deserving of sympathy; nobody chooses to be sexually attracted to children, after all.

And again, I don't believe in objective good and evil. If you think of ways to kill everyone you meet, so what? If you never enact one of these ideas, it is harmless.
indeed it is, but are those thoughts evil in themselves?regardless of actions taken or not?
Not too long ago I spoke at length with a Jehovah's Witness. Was that you who made that thread inviting questions about that religion? In that case, I'm not surprised you're so fixated on the idea of condemning people for thought crime.

In any case, I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself. My position is as follows:
1) There is no objective good and evil.
2) Actions have consequences, but thoughts are harmless.

You've cited murder and pedophilia and my position stands. I don't know how to be any clearer.
View all replies
I have evil and perverted thoughts but I think I'm only perverted :dummy:
Your thoughts and your actions are not the same thing. "Evil and perverted" (whatever you consider that) is fine in fantasy as long as you don't act on it. There are plenty of people who think about things they would never actually do. When you have a 'bad' thought, examine it and let it pass through. 
This belongs in the Help with Life forum, or if you're really having the issue- you should be asking a doctor.
Having bad thoughts can indicate a psychological problem. I keep reading about people with psychological problems who were 'perfectly normal' outwardly their whole lives and then snap and go off murdering twenty kids or a massacre at a shopping mall or through a whole town. If you go to a doctor and tell them you're having suicidal thoughts, they will admit you to a hospital. By the same legal requirements they will also admit someone who says they are having thoughts about killing people, or mutilating them, to a psychiatric ward if they think it's necessary.
If you are fascinated by ideas of torturing and killing people IT'S A PROBLEM. It's not normal no matter how many people on the internet tell you it is. If you want an honest opinion about something like this you should ask a doctor, not an internet forum.
So, if I fantasize about murdering someone or fantasize about committing violence when I am angry, but never act on said urges, I should be considered some sort of psychopath and put in a mental hospital?

I guess I should tell my doctor how often I fantasize about beating the fuck out of certain family members. :O