One question to the christians

Do you consider homosexuality a sin? And if yes, is it because of your belief, or is it another reason? (If yes, what?)

If it matters in any way, I consider myself a christian, I believe in any kind of love though.
Comments49
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Yeah, homosexuality is a sin and its not about love its about sex.
   I love my brotherman but i dont want to hump him.

Its the humping and general gay activities that are the problem
You realize there's a distinction between platonic love and romantic love, right?
Christians, christians, I'm so tired of the christians. Make them go away.
First of there are multiple types of love. Certain kinds of love are demonstrated for certain people. Like I have a different love for my sister than I do for my boyfriend. It is different kind of love and not the same. As for your question of homosexuality I believe it is sin because God says it is. In the bible God talked about how a marriage should between one man and one woman. I will gladly give you some scriptures concerning this topic if you like. I see homosexuality as a sin that people struggle with just like lying or stealing. I do not hate them. I like the sinner, dislike the sin. 
Did you ever wonder why it's a sin? Or why marriage should be between one man and one woman?
Well if we are gonna ask the why question I can ask you the same thing; why is cheating, stealing or killing a sin? What makes those things a sin? Why is that bad? As for the why a marriage is between a man and woman, think about it logically if a man and a man were together they wouldn't be able to have kids. If we were intended to be with the same sex we would all be one sex. Except that's not how it is and if everyone became gay or decided they were gay there would be no more people. We would eventually cease to exist because no children are being produced. 
Well if we are gonna ask the why question I can ask you the same thing; why is cheating, stealing or killing a sin? 

in every case you've presented, it is an infringement upon the rights of another person.  in the latter two, those were clearly illegal in multiple civilizations with which the tribes of Israel had contact - well before it was ever written up in the commandments.  indeed, ancient Egypt had these laws millennia before Moses was born (let alone received the commandments).

as for adultery, ancient Egypt had no laws against it (though it was frowned upon), but ancient Babylon/Mesopotamia did.

in short, these things were largely determined by law, and the effect they had on other people.

homosexuality, on the other hand, was not illegal as there was no aggrieved party.  the proscriptions against it would have been the result of local cultural views and superstitions.
"Except that's not how it is and if everyone became gay or decided they were gay there would be no more people. We would eventually cease to exist because no children are being produced."

Except that's not how it is, so this kind of argument is really a bad one to even attempt to make. Ignoring the fact that not everyone will ever become gay, homosexuals are still able to have children biologically. IE: Being a surrogate mother en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrogac… or a sperm donor. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sperm_do…

Cheating is generally frowned upon as it ruptures the faith that two people have in one another.
Stealing is generally frowned upon as it's taking something that belonged to someone else.
Killing is generally frowned upon as it is the ending of one's life, and is an irreversible action.

A homosexual relationship is generally an agreement between consenting adults that doesn't directly inconvenience or harm anyone not involved.

So my question is still unanswered. Why is homosexuality a sin? Why should marriage be between one man and one woman?
All those reasons you gave me have nothing to go on except that they are your personal opinion. Where did those things become a sin originally? They came from the bible. Even when our constitution was first founded most of its principles came from the Bible. We'll it is specifically a sin because God says so and that's not how he created humans. He created a woman to be the mans helper who is by his side through thick and thin. 
"We'll it is specifically a sin because God says so "

"Because I said so" is never a valid justification for anything.
Then all those other things you consider a sin shouldn't be accountable since it's all about a because I said so statement. We have to get our standards by someone 
View all replies
"All those reasons you gave me have nothing to go on except that they are your personal opinion."

You mean I get my morals from the surrounding environment along with my individual perceptions on certain matters? Instead of a book? Weird.

"
Even when our constitution was first founded most of its principles came from the Bible."

Even then, the founding fathers knew to make the country a secular one (or they at least tried to).

"because God says so"

This is no better than a parent saying "because I said so!" to force a child into doing something. Without any actual reasons given, there's essentially no reason for why it should be a sin.
All of that argument had just enough questions to be answered back by me. Back then homosexuality was a sin does that mean in 20 years that stealing will be ok? Maybe I don't know. But stealing, lying, murdering or any of those things have just as much questions behind them as to why they are bad 
View all replies
There are other things to discuss about, but

Homosexuality Is Certainly Not A Sin!
God defines what love is though, and sin is not love.
God said, it's is a sin. He wrote it in the book of Romans 1:27-32 and Leviticus 18:22. You should know that, if you consider yourself a Christian.
God can use a pen?!
over asked question is super over asked.
agree. sigh!
bunneh icon15 
Agree completely 
Some of the things I do on a daily basis are are also sins.
Seeing something as a sin requires it to be because of their belief. Sin wouldn't even be a concept otherwise. <_<
Yes it would. Sin is also defined according to the dictionary as any immoral action. This wording is less common than use in a specifically religious context, but no one thinks its odd when people say things like "my sins have finally caught up to me" or some equivalent, but who aren't religious.