Opinions on organ donation?

I think it's a very honorable thing to do, but I just don't feel comfortable with it... The idea of my heart being in some other person's body just creeps me out. I know I sound a bit selfish, but that's just the way I feel...

I'm pretty sure I have this in the right section...
Comments106
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I think it could be nice. Allowing someone to live a little longer, if that could help.
I dont want other people's organ...though.
:/ 
Too be honest I understand you feelings! :nod: Donating your organs is a good thing to do, yet I am not doing it myself, I also do not want other people's organs though, so I think that is fair! ....plus I want to be cremated, so nothing will be rotting or waiting for the worms! :lol:
But yeah, you have the right to choose and that's a good thing!
yep. i have my drivers liscence ticked that if i die in a road accident they can use  whatever usable body part or organ they scrape out of the wreckage. the body is just another vehicle to be left behind when i die. they can cremate whatever is left over (if it wasn't already cremated in the road accident) or give it to medical science. at least my death then served a greater purpose than just dying in a stupid road accident.
I think it's great. Enabling someone else to live when you're dead. 
In my country, everyone (except Muslims) is automatically listed as an organ donor unless we choose to opt out. Why not? It's a wonderful thing to do. (:

Also, I think about it from the other POV. What if someone I loved was dying and needed an organ transplant? I'd be grateful to the organ donor. 
I would do it, and then have the remainder of my body cremated and planted under/with a tree. ... or send my ashes up in a firework. excited 
Whatever floats your boat, I guess. :laughing:
Im listed as an organ donor...it's too logical not to participate in, but it irks me how selfless it is.
It's a very good thing to do.
Thats why it bothers me
Why would that bother you?
would you rather your heart rot in the ground with your corpse? 
That's just the way I feel. I don't want to donate my organs. That's my choice.
it is your choice but it could save lives, or you can just rot.  
I know it saves lives. I just don't like the idea of having my organs in someone else's body. I can't help if I'm uncomfortable with that.
its just funny to me. once I'm dead I couldn't care less. 
it won't matter eventually though.  3D printing will make traditional organ transplants and donation obsolete, its just a question of when. 
You're right. It's amazing what we can do... :)
Maaaybe. 3D printers are pretty crap right now...my moneys on cloning organs
3D printers are awesome right now and continually getting better.  Cloning could be possible too, either way it would make the current organ transplanting obsolete. 
Eh, im really not impressed. Although I do think 3D printing pens are cool
View all replies
well, if it saves another person's life, then what's the problem? It's a self-less and honorable act of love.
Honest question- is it more creepy to think about your organs being in someone else than it is to think about them just rotting in the ground?