The Spirit Realm exists? Or Naw?

Therefore, I hear from people over a long period of time whether it be Atheist, Christian, Islam, or Buddhist. I have come to the consensus from the stories that I hear and videos that I see that Spirits are a very plausible thing. I hear from Atheist that they have had Ghostly experiences, and I have seen from people as far away as Germany mention spiritual interactions. I have a question though for Atheist, if some of you have experienced Spiritual phenomenon why has no one tried to document such things. Why have I never seen an Atheist go and explore places that are supposed to be inhabited by spirits...? It seems as though no one will touch the subject yet a good portion of people I see comments from have had some sort of experience with the Spirit realm... So by those who have experienced such things, namely Atheist do Spirits exist or Naw? If so, can you tell us why they do? Why they do not. Alternatively, why spirits might exist on planet earth.

Comments155
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well I hope not, I could not think of anything worse, that after doing my time here, I wind up doing it all over again, yet in some kind of eternal dimension. Imagine if you got a bum deal, and had to deal with it for all eternity. Like say, if by not going to the toilet before you died you felt like you needed to use the toilet all the time, for all eternity. I always wondered about that, like in those dreams that you get where you need to use the bathroom all the time, and it does not go away until you use the toilet. If I feel my heart ticking out of rhythm the first thing I do is use the bathroom. I have a rule bathroom first defibrillator second.
Before believing in spirits you should take into consideration studies like this one www.independent.co.uk/news/sci… that provide explanations for how and why we can have supernatural experiences.
I'm an atheist and I go on regular 'Ghost Hunts' with other sceptics. I've used the Ouija board, table tipping, dowsing rods. And although most of the time nothing happens and we freeze our backsides off on vigils. Sometimes interesting things happen that can't be explained. But I've never felt scared or threatened in any way. Spirits are not there to scare us. Most of the time they are unaware of the living and are just 'recordings' of past events.  
You could astral project.
Concerning astral projection lets say for example I look on line for some spiritual group that gathers in my area and I find a group that does astral projection, channelling and a number of other strange things.

I arrive on a Wednesday evening and the group leader goes into a trance state and begins channelling some alien supposedly and invites the several people in the room to ask questions. Someone in the group asks about cat people planets and the channelled entity says yeah there is about 1500 planets with cat people in the galaxy alone.

I call out saying I have serious doubts about such a claim. So the entity says meet me out in the astral plain and I will personally take you there.

So I take up the challenge and astral project myself out of my physical body at the end of the channelling. I observe the immediate familiar area and see a table in my surroundings and a vase with flowers on it. In the middle of the room stands a seven foot being covered in what looks like scales.

The entity then proceeds to teleport my astral body to one of the supposed planets with cat people living on it. I look around the planet and I see many things I even end up seeing the cat people spirit entities who are between lives.

I am very satisfied from the experience and my astral body is then teleported back to my physical body. Upon waking up I see the familiar table in the room but there is no vase with flowers on it.

This missing vase makes me now wonder about the accuracy of the whole experience. If one thing is wrong then perhaps my mind made up the whole thing.

Many claim astral projection and lucid dreaming (a dream where you know you are dreaming) are the same thing.

Yes I have astral projected on a number of occasions. The thing is you often cannot talk about such experiences because some details in them just do not add up.

Another thing when astral projecting your physical body is often missing when you try and look for it out of body. I will get up of a bed for example and look at the bed and my physical body is not there. But I know for certain I am astral projecting because when I look at my hands they are shimmering or something weird.
It is not easy explaining to someone the astral plane for someone who has doubts (and righteously so).

I think the best way to affirm such an experience is to meet someone on that side do some stuff than quiz them the next day in waking reality of what happened. Its been done many times :)
Why is it that ghostly experiences happen to those that believe that there is a spiritual realm? I have no good reason to believe one exists and I have yet to have anything remotely ghostly happen to me. I've been to places that are supposedly haunted, like a clock tower in my school (snuck up since it was out-of-bounds), and still nothing scary.

Whereas I have friends who have felt "a dark presence" when I felt nothing. It's all in the mind.
I've got a new one for ya,

Theres natural, sub-natural and supernatural, How is it nobody has thought of inter-natural?
   Eastern though may have come close with chi etc and their attitude towards objects having their own spirits(being?)
to me it does. unfortunately...
I believe that it does, but I'm only speaking for myself. Many scientific explanations either don't cut it for me, or don't entirely answer my questions.
what kind of questions?
well for starters, how did the universe start lol

There's honestly a lot of things that I wonder about on a daily basis. Two huge ones being love, and human physiology.
For instance, when people narrow down the process of attraction to the result of neurons in the brain releasing dopamine, which then spreads to the body, gets us emotional and so forth..
Like there is no way that science alone can define that.. for me at least, love is a very unexplainable thing. there's somethin big missing, no idea what it is, but I don't think we know it yet
. . .:ohnoes: okay

Ahem. <puts on nerd glasses>

Nobel prize winning physicists have proved consistently that our universe is made up of energy, a HUGE sea of energy which flashes on and off in fractions and fractions and fractions. . .of a millisecond (frequency). That is to say the world is not a fixed picture, this is concluded in quantum physics.

A simpler way to explain it, look at a television screen. The picture is actually flashing on/off on the screen at around 30 frames per second. So our human eyes are tricked into seeing a continuous moving picture. Because there's a limit, a spectrum, to how much our eyes can catch with the frequency of the picture, we don't notice the on/off flashing.

Our basic senses, smell, sight, touch, hearing, etc also have their limits. Look at how dogs howl at those silent whistles, its because the energy is happening on a frequency beyond what our ears can catch. Because of our limited senses, the huge sea of energy we perceive in our universe is like an incompletely drawn picture. I could look at my hand, see the fingers, skin, feel the warmth, but is that all it is? Science say's its made of tissue. Tissue is made up of cells. Cells are made up of molecules. Molecules made of atoms. Atoms made of sub-atomic particles. Sub-atomic particles made up of energy.

Which brings to the question as to whether love is just chemicals in our brains. And here's my answer:

It is scientifically correct to say that love is derived from oxytocin/dopamine just as it is correct to say my hand is made up of tissues. But what happens beyond the frequency of cells and chemicals? If every single thing in this universe is made up of energy than can the same go for thoughts and emotions? Yes.

I could tap a spoon onto my cup of coffee and it would make the tink tink sound. I'll hear the sound. But I won't 'see' the wavelengths of the energy at the cup. Just like tink tink there are many example out there we can observe on a limited standpoint. That also goes for the sensation, the energy of love. I'll let your imagination take over from here.

And you're right, despite all that I just said, love is a very unexplainable thing. (hope this wasn't too confusing, I condensed it the best I could and omitted a lot of stuff).
dude..

Clap jimmy neutron status lol. well see here's my problem with that, people can study up on these things all they want. but regardless of how much research is done, can we really know the truth?
I agree with you, that science says a lot, but it honestly also changes a lot.. and it changes for one reason: that we don't know things, and either were lacking information, or still are lacking information. if I take a bite off of an apple, I set it down, and walk away. an hour later my brother walks in and sees it. he can do the research, interrogate me and look for my footprints and figure out that it was me who must have been there an hour ago and did that. but what if it wasn't? what if it was some crazy stalker, who made his way into our front door, came in with tape on his feet so as to not leave footprints, did the apple business, and left.. it sounds looney, and highly unlikely maybe, but it's a real possibility.. one that would never in a million years cross our minds actually.

scientifically proposing it, maybe that is love. but can you know for sure that there isn't an involvement of some metaphysical plane, or of some other energy force that comes into play that leads us to feel so compelled towards this other human? and the sadness that people feel when they're no longer with their other half.. sure our thoughts may lead to heartache, but do we know absolutely that it's not a human spirit clutching itself that also is forcing us to feel as though we've been stabbed?

to be honest, ur reply wasn't at all confusing, it just doesn't explain everything about it to me is all. and I guess I feel apprehensive about things that have loopholes..

personally speaking, when there are no more loopholes to worry about in the field of science, that's when we can say that we know everything and that we have a full understanding of how things work.. otherwise, change is inevitable, and theories will be ongoing, etc. 
Metaphysical plane. . .well the astral plane my mates and I visit sometimes show incarnations of peoples emotions and thoughts :nod:

As for having that hole in your chest after getting heartbroken, that's the heart chakra point being unstable because it was used to being connected to another heart chakra but the connection got severed so it desperately makes the person want to fill the void left behind.

And yeah. Science has too many loopholes. Makes humans more dangerous and confused rather than wiser.
...the astral plane you and your mates visit?
:o

Hm. Yea, it's a subject of different opinions.. I think life as a whole is just complicated, and sometimes it's good to know things, but other times maybe it's better not to
View all replies
Nobel prize winning physicists have proved consistently that our universe is made up of energy, a HUGE sea of energy which flashes on and off in fractions and fractions and fractions. . .of a millisecond (frequency). That is to say the world is not a fixed picture, this is concluded in quantum physics. 

could you provide some links for this?
www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prize…

Them. Their research was used.

These two were looking as a different topic www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prize…

But I think their stuff counted in.
how does "broken symmetry" equate to "the universe is energy flashing on and off at fractional milliseconds" etc. ?  sorry if i'm being daft about this, but i am genuinely interested, and your links don't provide me with enough information.

basically, if what you say is true, then the holographic universe model could be supported, if i'm understanding things correctly.
View all replies
I've been in plenty of creepy places.

Try 3 levels underground in a WW2 German bomb shelter.

Pitch black.

Soundless.

Wet.

And not a damn Ghost or Spirit anywhere to be found.

Been in abandoned houses, factories, tunnels and graveyards.

Because I like exploring abandoned places.

It's cool to see how things deteriorate when left alone for a long time.

What I think is some people want to or expect to see something so they do.

But since it's all in the mind it is hard to capture in the ordinary sense.

Animals like Humans are made of chemicals and electricity.

The body produces chemicals to run itself.

The chemicals produce the electric current that runs the brain.

An evolutionary by-product of eons of chemical reactions produces sentience.

The benefit of which is debatable, but not here and not with me.

Once the body stops making chemicals, i.e. dies. That's the end of the show.

This is so upsetting and sad that people want a way out. Or proof that there might be.

The mind is sentient, not necessarily logical.

No one gets out alive. Ever.
I believe that the spirit realm doesn't exist. Nor do ghosts.
Tell this to my spirit angel. She definitely love these claimings. :) Hint: about 1% of the population of Earth can see spirit realms or even spirits, just they don't talk about it. And actually this skill is in everyone, but the present indoctrinated society is aimed to suppress this skill in you or everyone else. Why? Because otherwise sociopath people called as politicians, bankers and such idiots wouldn't have a single control over you as knowing what lies beyond this realm is greater power than any money. But spirit realms, spirits, angels and demons actually does exists and they're all around us as they always been. Just take up a question; how is it possible that every single ancient society, regardless where they've been, how they evolved had seen, believed and known ghosts and spirits? Because connecting to the spirit world is one of the skills of mankind. And regardless some idiot wants you to suppress it, they can't suppress it at one place, in your dreams (As when you dream your mind opens to sense spirit realms, parallel dimensions and alternate realities. Everything what you dream of is something what you see via your own spirit's eyes. Just think about it.
One, you sound crazy when you say you have a spirit angel.
|-
|-
Two, "just they don't talk about it?" What proof is that? That's like saying I know how to build rockets, it's just that I don't.
Three, no one really has superstitious skills, they only believe they do.
Four, "Because otherwise sociopath people called as politicians, bankers and such idiots wouldn't have a single control over you as knowing what lies beyond this realm is greater power than any money." Really? |: l What is this? Illuminati in a nutshell?
Five, "Just take up a question; how is it possible that every single ancient society, regardless where they've been, how they evolved had seen, believed and known ghosts and spirits?" Because people were crazy and religions had control over people back then.
Six, "And regardless some idiot wants you to suppress it, they can't suppress it at one place, in your dreams (As when you dream your mind opens to sense spirit realms, parallel dimensions and alternate realities." What idoit exactly? And dreams are abstract feelings you have psychologically, similar when you use LSD. (LOLzy comparison XD)
What reality?
Seven, I thought about it, and I think you're crazy.