Creationism isn't biblical

Creationism makes claims that the worlds 4000 yrs old, or that all man descended directly from adam and eve. Or that the world was formed in only one week...

None of those things are biblical. The bible never gives us the age of the world. If you read genesis 1, then you know men and women were around BEFORE adam and eve. And the word day..
www.blueletterbible.org/lang/l…
Doesn't mean 24 hours all the time.

That's why people think creationists are dumb, they're saying stuff that's no only unscientific, but unbiblical. 
Comments391
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Why do you think faith can be explained scientifically?
Faith can be explained psychologicaly. And, well, Psychology its a science.

Anyway, the sense of faith its a good thing. People have faith in lot of things, and far away form religion. They have faith in the future, in the childs, in they own wishs!

I don't want you to believe there is a rivarly between science and religion. Everyone have they own trust, and we should all make peace
But, without the Faith of Christ, we're nothing!
Discrep. It depends on the individuals, and happens that some of them doesn't have that belief but the reached high. 

Also, its important to have faith in one!
I agree with you. Well said. :)
Ask the scientist they too, have their own faith.
Asking the important questions here since I blocked the double S. (This isn't directed at you, in other words.)

So that whole sequence at the start of the book that totally wasn't plagiarized from other creation myths was an acid trip?
I'm sorry, I just kind of lost myself here. Directed at who?

Anyway, I'm sorry to sound rude right now, but I can't really be explaining all what has to be explained at the moment. I don't know which myths you are talking about here, but I'm aware that there are a lot of them out there. I can only give you my honest opinion on the matter. I believe that all those myths you see (I'm not talking about bible here, as I believe that the bible is accurate and that everything that is written in it indeed did happen and will happen) actually contain pieces of truth in them. But the truth about them has been twisted. Most of those mythical creatures one can hear of or read about from those old books most likely did exist (I know I have no proof, I'm just stating my opinion, please bear with me if you are interested) but weren't what they were portrayed to be. I believe those things were the spawn of Satan and his fallen angels, or rather just his fallen angels. And I also believe that some of those myths you see out there are just plainly ridiculous, while others look very interesting yet deceiving, which I would give credit to Satan for making them like that. After all you just said that the bible was probably inspired by those myths. I can see how Satan would turn the truth and credibility of the biblical account and making it less believable by twisting it and presenting it to humans before the actual scripture was written. After all God only spoke to Jewish people during the entire Old Testament, while leaving gentiles out of it. Gentiles seem to be the primary focus for Satan as those were the easiest to turn away from God at that time. And that's why we have those myths and whatnot.

I'm sorry if all of this seems pretty rushed up, but I'm in a hurry, just wanted to give you some kind of an answer. By the way you don't even have to listen to me. I just want to say if you are looking for answers from Christians, please visit this site as they have answered a whole bunch of questions regarding everything: www.gotquestions.org/
They definitely know it a whole lot better than I do. So yeah. :)
He was actually responding to the OP, silversongwriter.
My bad. I misunderstood his reply.
Faith is just believing with conviction. What is there to explain?
No. "Faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God." Christ says, without His faith we're nothing!
I don't know how to properly answer your question. In my honest opinion I think you are simplifying faith. But never mind me. And you don't have to bother searching for the verse from the bible that proves what you wrote, here it is: "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." - NIV, Hebrews 11:1

I don't mean to be rude, but as I've said, I think you just simplified faith too much. The whole bible talks about faith, and you kind of put it into a one short sentence and then asked what was there to explain. It is even written in the bible that in the end only three things remain: faith, hope and love. I'm just trying to show the importance of faith.

As I've said, don't mind me. I'm a creationist, I'm probably just dumb. It's ok. And I apologize in advance if I won't be able to respond right away to your reply, if you'll write one of course. I'm kind of busy drawing something at the moment. :)
Passive agressive much?
No, why? I only tried to explain something. I just don't really understand you friend. It seems to me you are doing this to get on my nerves. And I have no idea why. Maybe you are just deviant. :coffeecup:
Well, this is DeviantArt. Harr harr! No, but it was an honest question and your bible quote only seem to agree with me that faith is conviction, so what about it needs a scientific explanation exactly?
Even, scientist has faith in what they do. 
I think both of us are using different frequencies. I mean you are right. But my question was why does OP think faith can be explained. Your question to me was why does it need to be explained. Can and need are not exactly the same thing. From what I've gathered of you, it seems you believe that faith can be explained but doesn't need to be. And from what I've gathered of me, it seems I believe it can't be explained and doesn't need to be...? Now I'm just confused. Maybe I should drop the subject. :confused:

Sorry if I bugged you in any way. :D
I actually think you are right and that I really overreacted.
My bad. Really.
View all replies
....And, Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God!
I agree with that.
No Sir! That would be depends on your "own private interpretation" and private interpretation is contrary to the Word of God. In another words, its against the Law of God, the Bible, who makes their own agenda, only to suit their needs.
it depends on your definition of a Creationism my friend
some creationisms know that you can age the world uses isotope dating and do not claim it to be 4k years old
but they claim that in order to age the world you have to make assumptions that particles have always aged at the same rate even when they where not subject to earths atmosphere.
you also have to assume that said particles did not exist before earth.

then to age fossils you have to assume that these particles that are found in rocks near the fossil not the actual fossils itself got there while the animal was alive which is perfectly rational to assume.
However if you find something like carbon near a dinosaur bone you would assume the carbon should not be there as its way to young and the area has been contaminated yet they don't seem to want to accept  the same for any other isotope because it matches the age they want.

or to put it another way are problem is not with science disproving some old book and we don't discredit that it can be used to age the world

what we discredit is how many assumptions have to be made it order to do it.

also we dont discredit that evolution has taken place because if you open your eyes its clear to see but what we discredit is the logic behind it.

We believe that  animals are built to survive and adapt and that the world runs in a pattern where if one animal dies it effects the whole world.

we believe that the world is careful managed by forces humans can not fully understand.

Now  some people  try to disprove this buy pointing out how animals go extinct so nothing is protecting them but when one animal goes extint its usally because another is thriving and has taken its place.

they  also point out how no one protects us form disease but to me if nothing got  any diseases  the world would end up over crowded so its a control mechanism.

as for people thinking creationists are dumb that's more to do with the fact they like to believe they are smarter than them than to do with what creationists say or do.

for example some  people that don't believe in creationism  ask for falasable arguments which can be proven to be false.
  but the flaw to that is that that pretty much means you have to use scientific theory to disclaim it
so they will only accept science vs science .

meaning when others question them asking  how can you know the age of the world  is true as you cant go back and check they will call you an idiot and point to all the evidence in science.

also if you try to use religion they ignore it and tell you religion can not be proven.

then they expect people who believe in religion not to use there holy books and texts and to accept sceicne when they wont accept religion.

so at best you end up with a stalemate where both sides don't accept each others arguments and both end up looking like twats but the sceintist wins because more people are willing to support science than a relgious nut.

or at worst you end up with two extremists  people that don't have a clue about science or religion both making false claims  but once again its easier for a laymen to know the creationist is being a idiot rather than to check the very advance equations the scientist is using (that he has got wrong.)

so usually creationist look bad because they are already outnumbered and they are the ones that have to supply the evidence to try and support there claims while everyone else is trying to put them down.

meaning its easier for the majority.

so to change the worlds views someone would have to find some dam strong evidence and even then it probably wouldn't be accepted for years . 

fortunately however  there are some people out there  who are willing to take the time to explain there views and listen to other peoples views and hopefuly gain a better understanding and these people help to represent there cause better and help the layman understand it better and from there the laymen can make up there own mind with all the evidence.

There is no stalemate. Religion always gets crushed by science. On any point where the two have been at odds, it is always religion that has bowed to science, never the other way around.