can a male be a "slut"?

If a male enjoys sex, wears provocative clothing and is promiscuous, can he be considered a "slut"? Or is it just a term for females?- if so,why? 

Why is it that if a man has sex with alot of girls- he's a "stud"? But if a female has sex with alot of guys, she's a "slut"? Why can guys have sex, but girls can't? Why?
Comments103
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Because of gender roles! And the Bible! And because girls should stay virgins until they're married but you can't really tell physically if a guy is a virgin!
the male version = womanizer/casanova :casanova: 
If we're going to use an insulting word, we may as well make it gender-neutral! :D I'm sick of people saying things like "man-whore". No one says "woman-floozy" or whatever. Like, who cares what sex that person is? All I know is that if I walk in on my boyfriend/husband and whoever, they're both going to be called that.
yes.....
if women were called sluts based on revealing clothing...then if men walked around shirtless I would consider them a male version of a slut lol
By definition, yes.

Our assbackwards society will disagree, though, for god knows what reason.
From an evolutionary psychological perspective.
It is often a males role to succesfully attract and mate with a female, this is an accomplishment. Meanwhile, it is often a females role to "allow" the most competent male to mate with her. Similar to mating rituals of many mammals today.

A male who achieves a lot of said accomplishments by mating with numerous females is thus often be considered succesful.

A female who allows for numerous males to mate with her could be considered irresponsible.
I call them He-Sluts.
Praise Jesus......
"He-Sluts" :laughing:

It made me think of He-Man. :iconteheplz:
I was not raised with the double standard (well, I should say the quite same double standard) — I was taught that if a man AND woman were promiscuous then they are considered sluts (not the exact word but yeah)
I don't care what the double standard is in Western society — a man is not a 'player', a 'pimp', or 'cool'. He's a slut to me. 
It is what it is. There are double-standards in the world. Men have lower standards of what they will sleep with because they have a primitive, biological imperative to have sex and sew their seeds. In nature females have a conflicting imperative to be more choosy, since in the pre-welfare state and pre-pill world they needed to be careful whose children they had, and needed a male with the means, ability and inclination to stick around and defend his mate and the children.

Sluttish behaviour among females jeopardised the stability of family units and of the wider tribe generally, as it would lure males away from their mates. Thus it was in the interests of the females to shame and ostracise sluts. The presence of sluts would have devalued the sexual value of all the females by providing a cheap alternative.

Female promiscuity would also be unacceptable to males because of the consequences that would lead to if widespread. Men have no biological inclination to bring up other men's children. They want their own genes to go forward. Such is the most fundamental drive in life. For men the short-term advantage of having available sluts is counter-mined by the long-term drawback of uncertain fatherhood. 

Slut-like behaviour is still very damaging to a woman's long-term desirability. Women with promiscuous pasts are for good reasons regarded as poor marriage material. The fact that they managed to have lots of sex with obviously little emotional investment might show a lack of caring nature, a lack of self-control or self-respect, and a lack of responsibility. Marrying a slut is also like having to pay for something that others got for free! This is obviously a bad deal! A used item is obviously less valuable than one that is still in its packaging and that hasn't had its seals broken. 
Slut is a derogatory women used chastise them for enjoying their own bodies the way they want to. In this society that never happens to men.

But with free speech you can call anyone anything.

So in theory yes, in practice very rarely this ever happens
Yeah? 
They can be called whores too. 
No

you know the real answer is yes, it's called being a man-whore.

but women can't be praised for sex because men want to control them and put them down whenever they do something equal. It's bullshit and the only way to change it is to change attitudes. Guys need to step up and tell their friends off or other guys when they're being jerks to women or objectifying them. Women need to not by into the stereotype- be sexual it's fine, but practice it safe because you don't know where that man has been.
can a male be a slut? culture says not really.
it because we live in a social system such as this. Basically the demand of sex from men in contrast to the conservative overall nature of women, not wonder its this way. kinda like if i have 4 really cool items and a thousand people want them, i will sell it to the highest bidder. some items lose value when no longer new, or after every differnet owner
Eh, I think we should just retire that term alltogether. It's just an uneccessary word to use.
I think the word "cunt" deserves to go with it.
and faggot, and bitch, and whore and and redskin and ni**er and anchor-baby and....
anyone can be a slut. your mileage may vary on what is good or bad.

personally, i don't give a shit.