The Wall...

Ok, now I understand why a lot of people do not understand each other. Now I get it, my eyes are open to one of the main reasons why we fight and argue instead of talk like civilized individual. I  just had a talked with a "Christian" about Masturbation dealing with this stamp and its explanation. And now I get it...
 It's a Sin People by ExaltGod .

Now I tried to explain to this person about how Masturbation would not be considered a Sin [[In my opinion.]], and even questioned the individual on the bible verses that were listed. Questioning is something that the bible tells us Christians to do test every spirit 1 John 4:1.

Instead of a open heart to explain the word of God I was met with a wall of hostility when I questioned and tried to get a better explanation. The person even said that I was Addicted to Masturbation.

I see this as a problem when it comes not to just Christians but with people in General. When someone has an opinion or wants to question something the individual or individuals are shut down, for whatever reason the person they are questioning might have. I know that I do question many things and need examples and or evidence so that a person can show me their point better. Sometimes people have a knack though of just wanting to spout opinions but do not want anyone to question their way of thinking.

Nevertheless, I want to ask how many people in life have dealt with something I mentioned. You ask questions about something you do not understand, or you wish for better insight and you are met with a thick wall of resistance. A wall of resistance made up of a formulated opinion or that it there to exist and does not exist to be explained.

In addition can you explain how such a thing might of effected you down the road? Such as made you convert to something else, drop a class, lose a friend, and etc.

Comments126
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Every debate, bar one, with creationists.
Deal with that when talking to Muslims; the Trinity is something they rarely understand because Muhammad himself did not understand it. So when I do speak with them, I find it beneficial to explain the Trinity in the most accurate way possible. So the wall between me and them just makes me drop my apathetic tone and try more.

BTW Masturbation is a sin if the intent is sexual pleasure. Always remember that we as Christians live our life for God and not worldly pleasures, I suggest you read 1 Corinthians 6:12-20 or pretty much all of Corinthians as it is a good book. But more on point God knows the intentions of your heart and searches it so that is between you and Him on that point.
Do you eat food you like as opposed to food you need? Do you watch TV or play games? Do you sleep in a comfortable bed in a heated house?

Funny how it's only sinful to heave wordly pleasures when they happen to be something you want to be sinful. All the above are unecessary wordly pleasures and must therefore be sinful. Anything except an uncomfortable life on the bare minimum is a sin.
What is your point exactly?
Playing video games can lead to laziness which is also a sin. Eating your favorite foods too much can lead to gluttony.
The whole point is we don't live for those things, we live for Christ and a moderate life is what we follow where such things are not overdone or indulged in. I have already stated this before.
How does one live for Christ?
Put Christ first and live a life that would glorify Him. Overall, sanctification or a personal development to a holy life is slow and is not something to be rushed or forced on any fellow Christian. We start with the two greatest commandments love God with all your heart, mind, and soul then love your neighbor, the rest will follow.
I bet those who claim masturbation is a sin for making life pleasurable don't think a wide range of other pleasurable activities are sinful. Basically hypocrisy.
No, the whole point I made in the post if you even read it is that Christians are to live a life for Christ, and such things like masturbation which can lead to an intent of sexual pleasure a Christian should be wary of, because temptation is not something to play with. I really don't see what your problem is, if you want to argue with the text I gave your free to do so, but I was not calling it an outright sin though my own experience with it and more importantly my Bible studies lead me to this conclusion. So say what you will, but debauchery is not a life Christians live, we live for Christ. 
Debauchery is the EXCESSIVE inulgence of SEX. Masturbation is not sex nor is it necessarily excessive.
... I seriously don't know what your problem is...
View all replies
The wall of hostility exists because the person doesn't have any answers. They parrot the teachings they're told to know and that's it.
Religion:answers that cannot be questioned.

If masturbation is so bad why do the other apes do it so frequently?
Why do the Bonobo and various dolphin species fuck everything?
The second paragraph argument is not the best at all.I think I've fainted. 
If it's in nature why is it not allowed for humans?
How can it be evil if the other animals get to do the same thing?
Do dolphins go to hell?
I don't know if dolphins go to hell but the way most animals reproduce looks like rape if applied to humans. You wouldn't say it's okay because it's natural, would you?Bishop Eyebrows 
:no: please dont.
View all replies
Darn it, I thought this thread was about a wall. :noes:
I thought it was about 'The Wall' from Pink Floyd, you know that awesome film? 
Clearly, you didn't read.

It's about THE wall!
So do you live behind The Wall? Are you open to accepting the very real and likely possibility that christianism is a bunch of nonsense and that god does not exist?