Peace, is it necessary?

I hear all the time talks of peace and brotherhood but I think it's all bull. I think it's funny how people obsess themselves with this concept. I believe that peace in and of itself is pointless. What is your take on peace?
Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
It's just one of two sides... of the same coin.
is peace not needed for collaboration and will the war not stagnate the world when it goes on for too long?
Generally the opposite is true. Our most innovative periods of history happen as a result of responses to conflict. 
Peace is not useless, it is useless  talk about peace and then to do not have respect of  others and create evils and strife, this is being hypocritical.
Obviously there will never be peace everywhere.Because men make mistakes and are not perfect. 
The peace is have understood our own value as a person and the value of other people as our brothers. 
Wouldn't  be nice to live in a world without peace. think of Israel and Palestine for example. There, the peace would be helpful.
Why do you believe peace 'in and of itself is pointless'?
Peace equals stagnation... I believe that peace is the absence of conflict, without conflict progress cannot happen. It is the nature of man to progress... so you could say that peace is not in our nature
Here are my thoughts. What does "peace" mean? Is it merely an absence of war, or some kind of major tranquility or something? Personally, I don't want to be tranquilized and I prefer to be at war with myself. On the other hand, most people are my allies in a war: war against boredom. We do take some effort to spend our time valuably. If there was absolute peace, the concept of "valuably" would probably vanish.
And so would progress, an aspect of life I think is very important
This does not mean we should let conflicts destroy our lives.
Peace is ideal. But terrorist groups who want you dead won't be stopped by a hippie candlelight occupy sit-in.
Damn straight... we must protect our own.
Peace is what you get after you die and "rest in peace" :meow: