Do you believe in christmas?

I've always wondered about what people think of this topic. There are many different theories of this topic, and many different viewpoints. Some may call certain things a sign of christmas spirit, others may say it's just a coincidence.

So I ask you if you believe in christmas, and if you do, what exactly do you mean by christmas? Maybe you've seen things that could prove the existence of santa claus, or just made you curious.
Personally, I believe in christmas, but most people just have bad karma, and people get meaner as they get older. That's why santa claus mostly only visits children.

So tell me what you think, I'm interested in a discussion! Meow :3 
Comments41
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Stop copying and pasting original threads and changing a few words in them. If you continue to do so, action will be taken against your account.

FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?

:lock:
Why not, at least Christmas does exist, even if only in the counties in which it's fashionable.
Apparently Santa was a real guy, formally known as Saint Nicholas.  The character himself was changed of the years being combined with different cultures from different countries. 

so I don't really understand what you mean by, "do you believe in Christmas". personally, i love Christmas
That is nice, I also really love and believe in everything about christmas. Love 
Whether I believe or don't believe in Christmas doesn't make it not a thing. It exists, whether I believe in it or not.

Or did you mean, "do you believe in the ideas associated with Christmas" or "do you believe in the lore surrounding Christmas"?
Do you mean "do you believe in Santa"?

As it stands you're asking whether we believe in something that clearly exists. Like asking if we believe in Fridays. Rather than asking if we believe that Friday the thirteenth is unlucky.
You have a point, although not all cultures celebrate christmas, and they could believe, that the cultures that do celebrate christmas, are just faking it all.
They could believe that. And like I said in my first sentence, that would not change the reality of something existing or not existing.

If I sit here and adamantly believe that grass does not exist, yeah I can have that belief, yeah I can actually make myself think that grass doesn't exist. But no matter how much I believe in what I believe, the grass is still there. If I choose to deny it, it's still there. If I choose to create a world in my head where it isn't, it's till there.

The point being, belief that something does or doesn't exist, has no actual bearing on reality. Reality is immutable, and not affected by whether you choose to believe in something or not.
I know, I never actually claimed that.
That one's beliefs change how things actually work.

The thing is, we don't know if our own beliefs are true or not. They could as well be true as they could be false.
Havn't I been saying that the whole time?
View all replies
As an adult, every year I buy, wrap and put the presents under the tree. Seems pretty definitive to me.
Oh, so you are santa claus?
No, which is the main point.
You're doing Santa's work, though!
Wait, you believe in Santa? :rofl: For real? Something tells me you probably aren't actually old enough to be using this site. :lmao:
What's wrong with that? How is it different from believing in so many other things?!
Kid, at some point, you have to learn that Santa isn't real. It's a fact that rich kids get more and better presents than poor kids regardless of how good the poor kids are or how terrible the rich kids are. And whether what you get ticks a box on your wishlist depends more on how much loving attention you get from your parents than the postal service handling your letter to Santa. The truth is "Santa" is holiday tag shorthand for "Mum and Dad." So next Christmas when you get everything you want and more, you should thank your parents who made it happen, because lots of kids didn't get that Christmas and never will. Same with the whole Christmas is about family thing, lots of people don't have families or happy families or loving families, even as kids.
It is true that rich parents may be able to give their kids extra presents on top of what they already got from Santa Claus.

I respect your opinion, but Santa is very hard working, and it is just very disheartening to see somebody completely deny his existence, and give other people credits for his good deeds.
You can't know if he's hard-working. For instance, he could be working those elves to the bone - and with no health coverage or occupational safety.
That sounds horrible, I really don't hope that's the case! Waaaah! 
Ah so you're a troll, or a special kind of special. I see. Good to establish.