The Philosophy of Art: your opinion?

Well, I was thinking about what philosophy is and instead of taking some random debate or cretin from the past, I decided, to think about what I know. 

In my opinion the act of drawing is in and of itself an act of thought, drawings can tell you thoughts but not in a way that is easily deciphered or understood, there is a need to make things beautiful, to entertain, and this is also part of the philosophy of drawing I think, not as an observer who knows everything about philosophy, although I read Sophie's World at eleven, I think I may remember the part where the world doesn't exist. This is why philosophers are morons, of course it exists.  

there is however a universal power in drawing just as there is in song, a power to move even if the story is completely incomprehensible, so if you think you're smarter than me because you understand a story, I will only challenge you to make your own, as I've always done.

Does this start a discussion?  
Comments78
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I myself want to create art that specific people or group want to see and own, since im not from England or America its hard to put to words, but i want to make art for the people, simple yet beautiful, that all the classess can have to decorate their houses.

Too bad im not ready to do that yet, in the future maybe, my skill level is good but i know what is wrong with my art...
I Haven't read Sophie's World, it sound pretty cool. 
I don't know what other people are saying, i just know what i know
I think Anything can be ART, but not everything. 

Did you want that drawing to be considered art. bam! there, it is. just consider it
Art is very perspective-wise, and it is based around meaning we derive behind. Don't let a collection of other perspectives ruin your own. When you took every second to draw, to mold; every moment to place, to create; every focus to design then go back and redesign. You make what's valuable to you, That is art.

wow, i think i might make that last statement in to my own quote hahaha :)

" When you took every second to draw, to mold; every moment to place, to create;
                            every focus to design then go back and redesign. You make what's valuable to you, That is art. "
                                                                                                                   - JFGreyHeart     2014

haha i like doing that. but yea. That is my opinion that you asked for :)
I'm so fucking sick of people saying that all art needs some grand meaning behind it. Why can't we just create it because it looks pretty or cool???

Creating something artistic can be done through feelings or it can be done through technical skills. I think the best art is usually a mixture of both.
Yeah but if it's pretty or cool then isn't that its grand meaning? 
Not really. What I'm talking about is when people want more than that. They want it to have some big backstory about politics or beliefs. Just wanting it to look cool isn't enough.
I know, and politics or beliefs doesn't really matter when it comes to art. It might matter in books, or advertising, but when it comes to hanging something on my wall just having it look cool is really all that matters. 
I watched a documentary on this last friday it was called Borat.  The Jews are plotting to destroy all the art in the world because they hate everything that isn't money .
ewww it's Jewhna Hill
Art requires thought, yes. Drawing well requires a great deal of thought.

If it does not, it is not worth thinking about.
i wrote an article about this that made me fail that class. so i shouldnt talk about it. though i think people who observe the idea of creating art are too much into themselves. art is deforming nature and turning it into human perspective. nothing divine about that. its just joy and content.
why do you say deforming nature? Since human perspective is nature, then there isn't really any deforming to be done. But human perspective involves observation and imagination.    
I feel it's more a branch of creation than thought. People can think without making anything, without creating, but usually art involves and act of creation.
Which is something reserved for gods, creating and destroying. Some people can't create, come people are just cogs, gears in processes. But anytime you make something or destroy something you're acting like a god.
I disagree. Every moment is new, therefore every moment is created. Creation and destruction is part of the nature of life on earth, reproduction to create a new, and destruction to eat, the natural hostility of this life therefore the impossibility of peace. by your "logic" to create isn't even natural, but in fact it is everything that is born most powerful desire. Are you bored by the repetitive nature of life, despite its shortness?

if you believe in god, you might believe in this theory of mine that your mind is being controlled by plant life because of the symbiotic nature of all life. obviously the plants have ordered you to think little of yourself and worship them. :) 
I don't believe in god, that we are all capable of being "gods" just most of us don't bother to try.
There was articles for that. apparenlty

The nature of art, and related concepts such as creativity and interpretation, are explored in a branch of philosophy known as 
aesthetics.[8]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aestheti…

IT can also be related to Zen Buddahism where doing something over and over again relates to the state of mind.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WAi2f…
I draw a dog,because I was thinking about a dog in that moment. It could be a snarling dog that I just saw.
You could puke in a styrofoam cup and pass that off as art nowadays.
Everything someone makes can be art. Not all art is good art.
I think it's important to remember that drawing can also be an act of observing.  
Thanks to everyone who commented. 
Oh yes, popping paint balloon art is so thoughtful, just like my totally random from experimenting with tools crayon art is sooooo deep and tells so much about my person! :roll:
thought doesn't have to be deep. ;)