Luciferarian connection

Has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe Christians, Jews, Muslims etc, may have things reversed? 

Here lets put it this way, what being would be so audacious as to proclaim themselves god, demand worship, sabbath, and numerous other requirements  to be saved? Does this not seem questionable?  Why would an all loving being have any demands? Why would this same being condemn their creation on an uncontrollable bases, such as condemning the spouse for the other infidelities ? ( Luke 16-18.??? Don't remember...) condemn others who do not believe, despite them being good human beings? Gandhi, King, Ted haggard(hahaha) so the latter deserves hell. I

Religion has ARGUABLY killed more then any singular disease, war, animals, natrual disaster.

My only ending comment is it is also the most consistently corrupted political structure since the dawn of man. 
Comments254
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I can only agree!
I think that is quite possible within the theology. Specially for those that  support the notion that "god works in misterious way"   

Maybe  the real test  is to not believe in the stuff that religions preach, or to not have faith. Claiming belief without good reasons is easy. Facing reality  in reality terms is the hard choice.

People say they can't imagine how life could have any meaning without some sort of after life or dictator dictating the meaning of their life, yet others have found meaning without those things.  I would say the latter are the ones that actually surpassed a challenge and the former is just making excuses to avoid facing something they don't like to think about.

Also taking a look specifically at christianity , there are things that Jesus said that are quite objectionable.  Like  loving jesus more than you love your family , that are actually alive, are not the supernatural incarnation of a supreme being and really may need help from others, or to not care about their physical needs. And hypocritical statements such as    encouraging people to be merciful, but at the same time showing no mercy to those who do not follow him. 

This is of course assuming that if there is a god then that god should be merciful and good.  Maybe there is a god and he is just a dick , which is what these religions seem to actually advertise in their holy books.
Very well thought out, well balanced and respectable reply. The last sentence made me laugh.

See in my mind I fear anything that demands the elimination of all possible alternate theories/beliefs. Hence me beginning this discussion. I think, that any being willing to condemn a whole genre of people is not merciful and all-loving, but the opposite.
"Indeed I think, that any being willing to condemn a whole genre of people is not merciful and all-loving, but the opposite."

+1
"Religion has ARGUABLY killed more then any singular disease etc" -- no it hasnt, where the fvck you get that from? people die when religion gets ignored, well christianity anyway.
yup the heathens ignored christianity, so the christians went there and killed them :thumbsup: :|
You should watch apocalypto 
I did, christianity was no better than the religion of that people. Christians burned people for not believing in yaweh and yaweh mk ii  just like the people portraied in that movie. Which btw is not really a documentary which I hope is not what you were trying to say.
What i'm saying is that if christianity didnt come along and clean the place the world would be nuts, people never seem to acknowledge this.
   Christianity is the best thing to ever happen this planet
Oh good , so you favor genocide.... 

What a great demonstration of christian values.
"Oh good , so you favor genocide.." -- no, i'm pro life if you must know
View all replies
I understand that as a Christian,  you have a hard time distinguishing between fantasy and reality, but the movie Apocalypto was a fictional story. One of which the director was a known antisemitic and has been criticized for its derogatory and inaccurate protrayal of indigenous cultures.
Mel gibson is a boss
You would idolize a Jew hating racist drunk like Gibson. 
To Gibson's credit, the "Sugar-Tits" comment, while sexist and in poor taste, was frigging hilarious. Especially considering he said it while in the process of being arrested.
Has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe Christians, Jews, Muslims etc, may have things reversed? 

Here lets put it this way, what being would be so audacious as to proclaim themselves god, demand worship, sabbath, and numerous other requirements  to be saved? Does this not seem questionable?  Why would an all loving being have any demands? 

You have to understand the theology as a whole, and not just nick pick which parts are awful.

Its not soo much a requirement but its that in reverence to him, you get to understand Your God more, and grow in faith. Always remeber the reason why you get saved, and then return the favor for your God to follow him and Jesus. ANd it literally means follow me. 

Athough Catholics believe those things, the requirements to be saved is to carry your cross and follow Jesus. 

Maybe watch basics, by Francis Chan. Its more understandable and deep.
basicseries.com/#fear-god

Why would this same being condemn their creation on an uncontrollable bases, such as condemning the spouse for the other infidelities ? ( Luke 16-18.??? Don't remember...) condemn others who do not believe, despite them being good human beings?

One, marriage is a giant responsibility. And sex has alot to to do with not just with marriage, but God himself as well.  Doing things that you shouldn't be doing outsite of your marriage has alot of consequences. 

Two, it really doesn't matter whether your Christian or not either, See on TV why Maury makes a popular show.

Gandhi, King, Ted haggard(hahaha) so the latter deserves hell.
Gandhi was not against Christainity. The quote populated by deviant art is saying that he doesn't like how Western Christians are acting. Gandhi followed Jesus's teaching a bit, though mixing with his own peaceful agenda and other religions of course.

Religion has ARGUABLY killed more then any singular disease, war, animals, natrual disaster.

I'm not sure where your getting these statistics. Though beliefs, religion and agenda could be one of the it, I don't know if everything was the main cause.

My only ending comment is it is also the most consistently corrupted political structure since the dawn of man. 

I don't know where your get your idea. Not every religious system has to be corrupt, nor is it always political. I mean even though it isn't the dawn of man, its helped us to survive for many years, and some of them helped scientific discoveries.

About the Crusade, I would be careful comparing early christians with us today. Christianity is a complex history of events, (even my 15th century art teacher said that). Early christian in the Roman empire were also friends with pagans as I remebered. According to Yahoo answers, Crusades were born because of a Muslim war.
answers.yahoo.com/question/ind…

Too many exaggerated and generic comments about Religion.
Its not soo much a requirement but its that in reverence to him, you get to understand Your God more, and grow in faith.
So you have to drink the coolaid before you can believe the nonsense.

One, marriage is a giant responsibility. And sex has alot to to do with not just with marriage, but God himself as well.
I don't know how god fits into sex unless your a gnostic christian in a Dan Brown novel?
Humans aren't exactly suited to monogamy. As a species that on average
one child at a time and even then it is an extremely dangerous event that risks the lives of both mother and child (until the advent of modern medicine). Meaning that in order to propagate an individual family would require multiple women.
For much of history polygamy (you had as many wives as you could support and you had as many children as you could) was the norm and it's evident in the bible (Jacob, David, Solomon a few for example).
And the concept of equality of partners is nonexistent as women were essentially property.
There is the fact that it's quite cruel that god would create us in such a way that we sexually mature before we do so mentally. But that didn't matter for much of history as they would marry off girls as soon as they hit their period. 

Gandhi was not against Christainity.
No but by your own dogma he is still burning in hell for not being christian.

So you have to drink the coolaid before you can believe the nonsense.
Well, if you are part of the faith, you have to do something.  Other wise, your just kind of going with the flow and not really finding alot of meaningful purpose to it.

I don't know how god fits into sex unless your a gnostic christian in a Dan Brown novel? 
Its a little hard to explained in one sitting (I have to explain a diagram). Its something I ran through the truth project. Its the comparison of Jesus as the bride of the church. And the fact God in the story sex was a creation of his, so it is of concern.

one child at a time and even then it is an extremely dangerous event that risks the lives of both mother and child (until the advent of modern medicine). Meaning that in order to propagate an individual family would require multiple women.
For much of history polygamy (you had as many wives as you could support and you had as many children as you could) was the norm and it's evident in the bible (Jacob, David, Solomon a few for example). 
And the concept of equality of partners is nonexistent as women were essentially property.
There is the fact that it's quite cruel that god would create us in such a way that we sexually mature before we do so mentally. But that didn't matter for much of history as they would marry off girls as soon as they hit their period.

Im just saying whether your in monagomy or polygony, you still have responsibilities in any form.  I think multiple women marrrying is fine in order to survive the familly, but still sex can be a big responsibilites in a marriage. I never said polgyny was wrong at all. Getting married to another wife is different then finding a woman and cheating on her, (which means without consulting).

Solomon is actually not the greatest example since God commanded him not to intermarry. And neither is listing the greatest of the bible, since alot of polygyny in the bible didn't end well:
www.biblegateway.com/resources…
www.allaboutthebible.net/daily…

And even then, marriage was still consulted.
Its a little hard to explained in one sitting (I have to explain a diagram). Its something I ran through the truth project. Its the comparison of Jesus as the bride of the church. And the fact God in the story sex was a creation of his, so it is of concern.
Sounds rather contrived and poorly conceived (no pun intended).

Humans aren't exactly suited to monogamy. As a species that on average 
There is the fact that it's quite cruel that god would create us in such a way that we sexually mature before we do so mentally. But that didn't matter for much of history as they would marry off girls as soon as they hit their 

I think you accidentally hit submit content?
It's kind of like communism. It can never be done perfectly right. I personally believe the world would be a better place without religion. One less excuse to start a shitstorm of whatever. 
Religion hasn't directly killed so many people, rather, it's idiotic people who misinterpret it and take it too far who kill so many. Like Christians in Rome. If people could just could be respectful of other's beliefs, then there would have been no persecution of Christians. Or if Hitler could have just respected the Jewish, then no Holocaust. Or a less severe one. I'm not well versed in WWII, so correct me if I'm wrong.
  Just my point is it's the people, they are being assholes, bigots, and maniacs, and using religion to justify harming others. 
No. Jesus said, "I am the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE", no man can see God, but by me." In another words, there's no other religion nor any other gods that can save anyone. Only, through the Lord Jesus Christ (who's never ceased to be Eternal God himself).