Why are there so many religions

Which one is the correct one?
Comments62
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
listen to TimeHasAnEnd, very carefully.  then realize how full of shit they are.  there's your answer...
Are there? I'm almost dismayed that there's not as good a range as I'd have wanted, for research's sake.
The correct one would be the one that achieves what it states it can achieve.
Different regions of the world that never had contact with each other couldn't hold polls.

Also, people that were close together....

" I think we are here as a test for the next life."
" Well, I think this is our only life so let's live it up."
" Well, I think that we were all born sinners. Repent! Repent!"

People seek different things, so they crafted the religions they made around those things and ideals.
The correct one is the one, or lack thereof, that suits you the most. Which one makes you happy, pushes you to your full potential. Not everyone needs a religion to give them that moral or hope driven boost, but some do.
It can be very helpful ^_^
Different societies/civilizations are bound to have their own religions.
The way I see it, religion, much like culinary tastes, is neither correct nor incorrect; it's merely an interpretation of what we don't (and possibly never will) know, that happens to be preferred.
Here's the Truth. Jesus said, "I am the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE", no man can see GOD, but through me." In another words, there's no other religion nor any other gods can save anyone...
Because humans have been around a long time, and have experienced many different kinds of life styles. Perhaps all of them were correct at some time for some time.
it just means there are a-lot of stupid humans...
since ancient time....every person always share their idea and belief.....when a community agree with such belief or idea....religion is born
There are a lot because there were a lot of questions hundreds of years ago, why the sky rained, why we had thunder, disease, death. 
Great answer. Brings Greeks/Romans to mind ^_^
Lots of people have different ideas of what the reality of the universe is and religions are simply a manifestation of those ideas. They cannot be proven as fact, so ideas is all them remain.
Same reason there are so many languages, I guess.
Wasn't that because of the Towel of Bowser or something?
Yeah no I meant IRL not the fantasy reason
I was making a joke, come oooon.
It was a pun. You must be... PUNished.
Ever been PUNched?
I'm very PUNctilious about PUNctuation, PUNk.
View all replies
Everyone's religion is correct for them. :nod: