Why do some people find it hard to believe in evolution?

Is it only because of the "man and apes share common ancestor" thing?

Suppose that the Bible or Quran doesn't explicitly state that God created Adam as the first homo sapiens (I know it's only the Bible and Quran, because no other religion have much problem with evolution). Would that clear up a room for people to believe or understand evolution?
Comments1970
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Some people don't believe in evolution because they lived by the fact that god made everything. It's like growing up as a child thinking your parents are real, but then later people tell you you're adopted. It's that quick change of view in life that scares people from believing in evolution. They're probably not used to the thought.
Key difference being that you can track down your parents dead or alive being that they are objectively real.
Probably because the religious zealots want to make everyone think they're right.
Does anyone REMEBER that South Park episode wheree Mr.Garrison refuses to teach evolution because it's retarded.

I think it's pretty obvious once you think about it. Like how we act just like apes and shtuffz and whales used to live on landddd.
"I think it's pretty obvious once you think about it."

A lack of understanding for what the theory of evolution actually is?
"Why do some people find it hard to believe in evolution?"

With your response in mind: Because they don't actually understand it.
But that explains why we act mostly like gorillas ....... And shtuff
It also leaves out plenty of significant details.
Evolution is evident in the world around us so it's kind of hard to disprove but I still believe in God.
Honestly I just believe in evolution because I don't like the way the Bible talks about creation.  Literally the Bible is like "First there was nothing. Then BOOM! Suddenly humans."
Which one would you preferred BOOM! or wait for Billions of years?
You kids and your expectations to have everything served before you immediately. In my days we had to wait for things. Patience! That's a thing you lack. These modern gods yo kids come up with just snap their fingers and kangaroos and toasters pop into exitence. Good things take time, my child.
Kids these days. No respect for their elders.
We evolved from reptiles
Because it's in their chip :p.
BTW I believe in evolution and God and I don't think they are mutually exclusive.
The Qur'an never states that Adam (as) was the first of the homo sapiens.

Now to answer your question. I assume you are talking about religious folks.

Religious folks have a problem accepting a type of evolution because they think that believing in it will somehow grant a proof against God, that God is a less-creative Creator. But as a matter of fact, it is the exact opposite. Evolution is a fact according to the Qur'an, and there are numerous types of evolution, and the fact is that God has designed this universe, and evolved it, as well as all the creations within it. Evolutionary processes have taken place and they are actually proofs that there is a designer for it all.

Believing in evolution is not exclusive, you can believe in both God and evolution, there are no contradictions.

The problem is that some Atheists and religious folks think that it is either Evolution, or God.

The topic itself is not even in the same category. Evolution doesn't explain what, it explains how.
THIS.

My dad has said many times that evolution helps the idea of God. The Earth didn't *need* to have the right combination of elements and chemicals that would lead to the evolution of life, but it did anyway. That certainly points to a creator.
All it points to is that the necessary material was here, not that it came from a god. Otherwise it's a Texas sharpshooter argument. Where a man shoots the side of a barn randomly then paints targets around the holes. 
Rather a good metaphors for intelligent design, too. As errors, duplications, extraneous branches of the phylogenetic tree that never go anywhere and poor anatomical placement all do not point towards a designer. 
Exactly. You get the idea.

Evolution is actually an extraordinary proof for the reality of a creator, a creator whom is intelligent and is completely beyond comprehension.

One thing to note, since God is an eternal being, existing outside the boundaries of time and measurement, everything and anything that He creates, for Him, is an instant creation.

But within the realm of time that He created, that creation may manifest itself over a period of many years, depending on God's will.

So for example, the universe. Right now, the universe is approximately 13.8 billion years old. Now that is a lot of time that has passed. But remember, this time is in our own perspective, the human perspective.

In God's perspective, He created the universe in a single moment, and the end of the universe has also already occurred for Him. That is because God is eternal, and the universe is not, it is a finite existence, so when you compare infinity with finite, the finite is non-existent.

So logically, the universe and everything within it is completely non-existent when we compare it to God, because God is infinitely greater than it, and is eternal. You can call this mathematics if you want. ;)
Yep! Like a friend of mine once said, "What's a 'day' to God?"
There's no evidence the 7 day creation period was from God's perspective instead of the human writer. No other place in the bible or in other Hebrew writing is the word 'yom' followed by a number not a 24 hour period. And that's reinforced by the specific mentioning of 'a morning and an evening' passing.