Details

Closed to new replies
February 25, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 35
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
He who sins is forgiven on the command of Jesus, therefore sin a lot. What do you say?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconaellawalker:
AellaWalker Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2013
Sex is evil,
Evil is sin,
Sin is forgivable,
So sex is in!
:iconsiegeonthorstadt:
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
[link]
i say you are wrong
:iconafter--life:
After--Life Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Jesus (as) never commanded that.

/thread
:iconazza9:
Azza9 Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
Ummm... I'm no christian buuuut I'm not sure that OP's supposition is true...

Assuming it is though; If there are no repercussions to an action that one enjoys they'll likely keep doing it. Same goes if those repercussions are canceled out constantly. IF Jesus was to command that all sins are to be forgiven (by whom? god? himself? other people?) it would lead one to believe that people might think it's fine to sin. Unless in the process of their forgiveness they legitimately learn that the sin they committed was unjust.

But, I don't think the bible actually endorses disingenuous repentance. And I think even god would have limits for his forgiveness. We might need to have some actual Christians well versed in the scriptures to weight in and confirm that.
:iconebolabearvomit:
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013
You know what's a sin?

All these fair weather Lakers fans.
When the team was losing and in disarray you didn't hear shit, you didn't see shit, and you didn't have to
deal with Fakers fans.

Now the team wins a few games, looks good, and the fuckers explode out of the sewers like it's the movie C.H.U.D.

Can't the next meteor hit LA? :eager:

:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Repentance is necessary, therefore you cannot enjoy your sin.
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013
Repentance is merely saying 'sorry'
:iconlyteside:
lyteside Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
Biblical repentance isn't 'sorry'. That would be attributed to "remorse" in both Jewish and Christian understanding.

Remorse is either feeling bad that you got caught, feeling embarrassed and ashamed, and saying "sorry" (e.g. Saul from OT)
Repentance is doing things that are different, turning away from the sinful activity, etc. (e.g. People of Nineveh)
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
So what's the point of confession then?
:iconlyteside:
lyteside Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
I must admit I'm not totally sure where you are coming from (if you mean "confession" as it applies to catholicism or confession as a general relational practice... etc.) But I can tell you from my personal experience that my confessions of wrong doing to others help to heal my relationships (giving validation and acknowledgement to the offended), helping reconciliation occur. Of course, it can't stop there, right? If I say outloud "I'm sorry, that was wrong" I may validate for my friend that she was really wronged, but If I don't do anything about it, then she'll just get hurt again, and this would reveal my lack of desire to change. [there are exceptions of course - i.e. am i suffering from addiction? mind is not well?]

Also, confession seems to help my own walk. Once I "put it out there", its a lot harder to hide from my own shortcomings and mistakes. Its like shining a light in the corners of the basement. I have to admit to myself that scary monster is in that corner.
Add a Comment: