Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
February 20, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 192

Lets Pretend that Yahweh Returns to Earth...

:iconkalinka-shadows:
Has anyone ever considered the effect of Yahweh (or Jesus's) return to Earth and it's effect on social institutions and democracy in general? We as Humans have grown accustomed to the idea, as democracy has become more popular that we can make our own laws, live our own lives, and at least in the free world, that we can, within limits of committing offenses against other people, can live our lives as we wish.

There have been many centuries of the hard fought rights of women, minorities, the disabled, and other disenfranchised groups.

Have Christians considered that the other 5 billion Humans on this planet, who have no contract with Yahweh, who want no part of his laws, and wish only to to live their lives in peace and free from oppression?

Here is what I am getting at, we as Human beings made the advancements of the past two centuries, because we had revolutions against Hereditary Christian Kings, some resulting in a King's execution, some resulting in the King being deposed or their power neutralized, and replaced by elected governments populated by lay people. Our lives are better because we have democracy, which the Christian Yahweh DOES NOT sanction.

If Yahweh did exist, and he ever returned to fulfill the various Prophecies, would the result be the subjugation of billions? or perhaps the obliteration of many more billions upon billions of Humans, whose only crime would be that they would not capitulate to Yahweh?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpushyreeder:
pushyreeder Mar 5, 2013  Professional General Artist
hmm.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Mar 4, 2013  Student General Artist
Here is what I am getting at, we as Human beings made the advancements of the past two centuries....

Just reading off that sentence.. idea channel on transhumanism:
[link]

Replace all that paragraph with technology. Its the same idea that somehow being kings we were better off. The Kings of the bible were not perfect as displayed by Solomon and various corruptedness in the bible. Or as said by Seraphim, the Christian of the dark ages weren't so perfect either. I mean its called dark ages for a reason.

And lastly, it is really wrong to say democracy or republic is freedom. Its actually fact that alot of communist or really controling countries were once a free country.

And realize Christ's return isn't Immediately to the throne. He still has to arrive in battle on a white horse during a devastating war.
:iconthisdesignup:
ThisDesignUp Mar 3, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
By the time Christ comes back in the Second Coming it will be to late. However the Bible speaks of an Anti-Christ who will come doing miracles, claiming to be Christ, and getting many people to believe. I think we need to watch out for that but it will be interesting to see how people take to it.
:iconkalinka-shadows:
I think we'd find a technology to defeat such an interdimensional invader.
:iconkenota:
We have one. It's a surprisingly simple wooden frame which you just nail them to. I mean, they respawn, but there is a three day lag, and they usually leave for good within a few weeks.
:iconkenota:
:D See, the Bible, yet again, has the answers (!)
:iconthisdesignup:
ThisDesignUp Mar 3, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
lol, if there was anyone that did believe that Christ came back though, especially if it was some major important group, you know how much trouble trying to kill them would cause. I am sure a lot.
:iconswordofevilbane:
swordofevilbane Mar 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
To quote Nietzsche, "God is dead, we have killed Him".

But no, seeriously, I think people just won't accept it at this day and age. There WILL be non-believers, and the events of Revelations will happen. Probably not literally, but the basic idea of the anti-Christ and non-believers waging war on heaven and God's followers will be generally what happens. But I believe that the Holy Spirit would guide the true God's followers, Christian or not, to the truth and be on God's side. Also, God forgives and understands the situation people would be in, so I don't think people would be sent to hell.
Add a Comment: