Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
February 20, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 192

Lets Pretend that Yahweh Returns to Earth...

:iconkalinka-shadows:
Kalinka-Shadows Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013
Has anyone ever considered the effect of Yahweh (or Jesus's) return to Earth and it's effect on social institutions and democracy in general? We as Humans have grown accustomed to the idea, as democracy has become more popular that we can make our own laws, live our own lives, and at least in the free world, that we can, within limits of committing offenses against other people, can live our lives as we wish.

There have been many centuries of the hard fought rights of women, minorities, the disabled, and other disenfranchised groups.

Have Christians considered that the other 5 billion Humans on this planet, who have no contract with Yahweh, who want no part of his laws, and wish only to to live their lives in peace and free from oppression?

Here is what I am getting at, we as Human beings made the advancements of the past two centuries, because we had revolutions against Hereditary Christian Kings, some resulting in a King's execution, some resulting in the King being deposed or their power neutralized, and replaced by elected governments populated by lay people. Our lives are better because we have democracy, which the Christian Yahweh DOES NOT sanction.

If Yahweh did exist, and he ever returned to fulfill the various Prophecies, would the result be the subjugation of billions? or perhaps the obliteration of many more billions upon billions of Humans, whose only crime would be that they would not capitulate to Yahweh?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpushyreeder:
pushyreeder Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Professional General Artist
hmm.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2013  Student General Artist
Here is what I am getting at, we as Human beings made the advancements of the past two centuries....

Just reading off that sentence.. idea channel on transhumanism:
[link]

Replace all that paragraph with technology. Its the same idea that somehow being kings we were better off. The Kings of the bible were not perfect as displayed by Solomon and various corruptedness in the bible. Or as said by Seraphim, the Christian of the dark ages weren't so perfect either. I mean its called dark ages for a reason.

And lastly, it is really wrong to say democracy or republic is freedom. Its actually fact that alot of communist or really controling countries were once a free country.

And realize Christ's return isn't Immediately to the throne. He still has to arrive in battle on a white horse during a devastating war.
:iconbrownboxstudio:
BrownBoxStudio Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
By the time Christ comes back in the Second Coming it will be to late. However the Bible speaks of an Anti-Christ who will come doing miracles, claiming to be Christ, and getting many people to believe. I think we need to watch out for that but it will be interesting to see how people take to it.
Kalinka-Shadows Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013
I think we'd find a technology to defeat such an interdimensional invader.
:iconkenota:
Kenota Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013
We have one. It's a surprisingly simple wooden frame which you just nail them to. I mean, they respawn, but there is a three day lag, and they usually leave for good within a few weeks.
lol.
:iconkenota:
Kenota Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013
:D See, the Bible, yet again, has the answers (!)
:iconbrownboxstudio:
BrownBoxStudio Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
lol, if there was anyone that did believe that Christ came back though, especially if it was some major important group, you know how much trouble trying to kill them would cause. I am sure a lot.
I know.
:iconswordofevilbane:
swordofevilbane Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
To quote Nietzsche, "God is dead, we have killed Him".

But no, seeriously, I think people just won't accept it at this day and age. There WILL be non-believers, and the events of Revelations will happen. Probably not literally, but the basic idea of the anti-Christ and non-believers waging war on heaven and God's followers will be generally what happens. But I believe that the Holy Spirit would guide the true God's followers, Christian or not, to the truth and be on God's side. Also, God forgives and understands the situation people would be in, so I don't think people would be sent to hell.
Kalinka-Shadows Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013
I don't want to live in a world ruled by a Tyrant, and that's the point. I think that I should be allowed do what I want to do, what I think is right, I think that people should make laws to govern themselves, and I want to live in a world, where Humans can at least have the peace of mind to say: There are no gods which can help or harm us, no Heaven or Hell of any variety to go to when we die our lives are what they are and what we make of them.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
If Yahweh came down to earth, I'd try to kill him.
:iconlyteside:
lyteside Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2013
Heh. He did. And we did! ;)
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013
If Yahweh came back, I would smack him with a bible, cuss him out, and tell him to get rid of his extremely crazy followers or I'll do it.
Kalinka-Shadows Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013
lol.
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013
I'm not kidding. If God didn't pack with Jesus, fire and brimstone would be the least of our worries.
lyteside Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013
"Have Christians considered that the other 5 billion Humans on this planet, who have no contract with Yahweh, who want no part of his laws, and wish only to to live their lives in peace and free from oppression? "

The ironic part is... this was Jesus' very mission... to end the slavery and captivity to "law", to heal our broken hearts, and to give us dominion and authority back over the earth.
Kalinka-Shadows Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2013
Disclaimer: Atheist here.

Everything up to Moses and Abraham are figurative... because they didn't know what happened, they had no idea how the origins of our universe began. They didn't know how life evolved. The story was a myth meant to explain the origins of life in this world, why we look the way we do, and why we live imperfect lives that have problems.... and I think the Jews who read the story probably understood this.

Here is the problem when it comes to Christianity. To connect the story of Jesus to the Old Testament, the concept of original sin was introduced, to make the Salvation contract/covenant to be valid, the concept of the original Sin of Adam was introduced.

The goal was to make Christianity universally mandatory for everyone, especially the Jews. The Jews at the time were NOT buying Paul's story.

Christianity relies on the initial creation myth to create the need for a savior, if not taken literally than no contract for salvation can exist because we never committed the original crime to atone for.

This seems to be the reality, as we as Humans are merely a branch species of Primates that evolved millions of years ago. Not the creation of a god thousands of years ago. This has the following result: The salvation of Jesus is rendered invalid, because Jesus has no original sin to save us from, relegating him to history as a failed doomsday Rabbi.

The beings you describe as Nephilium never existed. The whole thing was invented to control people's lives.
lyteside Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2013
Gonna push the pause button for a minute.

I'm not arguing for or against Nephilim existence. I'm saying a good understanding of pre-flood history according to Jewish culture is needed in order to more fully appreciate the law and its nuances. Could it be a made up story? yup. Could the law be full of crap? Sure, why not. But I'm appealing to its consistency of the law within itself, as it relates to the mythology (true or not).

Unpause?

I don't think "original sin" is a necessary creed in understanding or accepting Jesus' atoning work. So I would not agree that Christianity relies on original sin to justify Jesus' atonement work on the cross. However, one can point to sinful nature in regards to how Jesus heals our broken hearts and give us a renewed spirit... but that's a different idea altogether.

Christianity at its core never holds that Jesus is dying for sins we didn't commit. Actually, its faith alone that make the unrighteous righteous, and this is even before Jesus... all the way back to Abraham.
:iconsaeter:
Saeter Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013
Now if anything Biblical laws are the most oppressive ever invented. [link]
Biblical laws have no power to make people right. They were impossible to follow because of the state of people's hearts. The very same law and commands that were designed to keep humanity's bloodline pure for the Messiah also held people in utter captivity.

For a more thorough understanding of Jewish law, a more comprehensive knowledge of the Watchers and the Nephilim is needed, as well as acknowledgement of the enemy of God.

Jesus came to oppose religiosity. Fewer things make him angry then religious leaders who try to lord it over others with their "good laws".

He fulfilled the law by revealing its purpose, and my ending it with his death on the cross.

He rescued the broken and religiously oppressed people, and shamed the religious rulers.
And replaced it with laws that were even more oppressive to the point that you may be convicted of thought crime. That so much as thinking of a crime is equal to having done it. But he gave us a loophole through vicarious redemption through human sacrifice. Hitch again saying it far more eloquently. [link]
That is a lie from the enemy. Jesus did not add any new laws. He revealed that the religious leaders considered themselves perfect by the law standards,while their hearts were rank and filthy with evil thoughts.

This is why Jesus came to repair the broken hearted and set us free, so that we would not be ruled by evil and empty thoughts, and use the "law" as an excuse to pretend we're good people.

Jesus atoning work has already set you free. There is no need to follow laws in Jesus. Your renewed heart and his Holy Spirit will guide you to do what is right.

But many who call themselves Christians are insistent that we follow "laws". This is the antithesis of what Jesus stood for.
But it's in the bible?
Jesus introduces the concept of hell. A place that did not exist before him at least within Judaism. Then he goes about and says that he does not nor will not abolish the old laws. Then says that until heaven and earth disappear will even the smallest detail of the laws disappear. [link] [link]
Not only that but then introduces thought crime. That if you so much as hate someone you are a murderer at heart or that if you look at someone lustfully then you are an adulterer at heart and to be condemned as one.

Christianity is all about scapegoating. Yes you are free to commit any act so long as you believe in me.
[link]
Jesus did not introduce the concept of hell. He borrowed from the Greek's "Hades", told some parables about Jewish "Sheol", and referred to "Gehenna" (A trash heap outside of Jerusalem - that's where the "weaping and gnashing of teeth" comes from). He obviously borrowed from different cultures and surroundings, using these metaphors to describe truths.

As for the law, it has passed away. Consider the scriptures you posted:

Matthew 5:17
“Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved."

confirmed in Hebrews 8:13

"When God speaks of a “new” covenant, it means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear."

What is the new "law" that replaces the old covenant? It is Jesus. He is our new Sabbath, our rest, our hope, our power.

"Not only that but then introduces thought crime."

No, thought crime is never introduced as a new law on top of the others - It is revealed to the religious leaders as what is really going on behind their "perfection". They were full of all kinds of anger, hate, murderous hearts, and racism. Jesus fulfilled the law by showing the religious rulers that they were unable to be perfect, for their evil hearts could not be hidden from Jesus.
Christianity as it was when Jesus lived was a doomsday cult. It all hinged on the end coming soon after the crucifixion. All arguments for Christianities true intentions break down after 2000 plus years after the death of it's founder. Everything that is argued is an excuse for it's continued existence.

I for one do not take the bible for truth nor good philosophy. It's myth and should be rightfully treated as myth having so much of it proven wrong by modern science and discoveries. It's messages only make sense to those who filter out the contradictory statements, the cruel morality and the obvious plays to our wishful thinking.

"They were full of all kinds of anger, hate, murderous hearts, and racism."

I like that you mentioned that because it is yet another proof for the failure of it's veracity. 2000 years later and we still endure it WITH the teachings of Jesus. This is where Christians claim that it's OUR fault but no I do not accept that nor can I take serious the idea of an all powerful all knowing creator entity that pushes all responsibility on it's creations.

As Hitch said "Christianity is the claim that we are born ill and under threat of eternal suffering commanded to make ourselves well."

It like all religion is lunacy. It is a deviation of what we perceive from reality with no real bases for believing other than someone thought it up.
(1 Reply)
* if you are interested in knowing more about where the concepts of hell, sheol, and "the pit" come from, research into the book of Enoch is a good place to start, and how it relates to Genesis 6:1-8.

It is clearly not a place reserved for redeemed humanity.
:iconkeydan:
Keydan Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
I'd say it'd be like in that collective sci-fi novel, where the gates of heaven and hell opened and a war of the apocalypse started on earth... what did the people do? Why, declare war on heaven and hell, use tactical nukes, strike choppers, carpet bombs on all the heavenly and hell armies. Because fuck you and your blades of fire, a 40mm rocket propelled grande to your face angel!
Hellgate: London?
Keydan Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013
Well, kinda, only in hellgate humanity sucked and had magic. There no magic, tank rush into demon hordes, flak barrage the angels, tactical nuke satans ass.
The magic came from the demons in Hellgate. I read the novels. I mean if we are actually talking about heaven and Hell being real magic should be a given.
:iconragerancher:
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
Or gets the horsemen of the apocalypse in (darksiders anyone?)
I bet even those guys couldn't take a tactical nuke to the face.
:iconthesurrealisticmind:
thesurrealisticMind Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
That would be epic O____O
I haven't read it all, but as far as I understood, nukes worked fine, and hell annihilated.
:iconsiegeonthorstadt:
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
Please stop syncronising goodness and freedom with democracy. Those are 1- very different things 2- most of the alpha bipolar countries are governed with non-democracies. We live in a world where 1 million childrens tarv every year. Dont give me the "we are so much used to free amazing life where we govern ourselves". thats the real fairytale
:iconpenguinton:
Penguinton Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Amen to that! I couldn't agree more.
:iconmagusthelofty:
MagusTheLofty Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013
Assuming Jesus was the son of god, he was also one of the worlds first hippies.
He just wanted peace, love, and happiness. I doubt he would subjugate anyone.
I will say this though, if he were to make a come back, a lot of so called Christians expecting him to come back as a murdering psychopath, who hates gays, black people, and anyone who isn't a red neck idiot, will be very disappointed.
Kalinka-Shadows Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
I suppose.
:iconmaddmatt:
maddmatt Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
At some point, every knee will bow and every tongue will willingly confess Jesus is Lord.
:icontimlavey:
TimLavey Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Like Loki did in Avengers. :-D
maddmatt Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013
Unlike Loki in Avengers this will be from choice.
Riiight... I don't believe you. There's definitely gonna have to be some brainwashing involved.
Why? When presented with absolute proof that you are headed for eternal damnation, are you really not going to logically choose the only path that can save you?

You really need to be brainwashed at that point to choose eternal perfection with absolutely no fear, sadness, and pain over eternal pain and torment?

The logical objectivist would see that you were the brainwashed one at that point, if absolute proof of those choices didn't move you.
Assuming for second that there's no problem, logical or otherwise, with what you suggest, I just have to ask if you are under the delusion that everyone is completely logical in their thinking at all times? Surely you have enough life experience to realise that not to be the case. With that in mind you hopefully have enough imagination to picture yourself an illogical person standing before your god with you yourself beside the confused man trying to have him make the logical decision and failing because the illogical man can't follow your logical argument, brilliant as you may be, but alas in his stupidity he just stand there in front of God whistling to the tune of Waltzing Matilda when he should bow down and confess king Jesus as loving God born of a virgin eternally unchanged or however it goes. Let's face it. We're gonna have to do some brainwashing. :-D
I just have to ask if you are under the delusion that everyone is completely logical in their thinking at all times?
Those that have the ability to make choices have the ability to reason.

No brainwashing involved. This is the current liberal term for education in an area you have not approved.
Last sentence. dubble ew te ef?

I understand the words, but not the sentence.

I'm gonna have some tea instead of talking with you. Have fun doing whatevs. Buh bye!
(1 Reply)
:iconchakatblackstar:
ChakatBlackstar Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
I will never willingly bow to a dictator. I believe in democracy and freedom and will not bow down to any gods who don't.
maddmatt Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
You will bow. And not to a dictator. To your redeemer. Out of your free choice to the absolute best option.
:iconchakatblackstar:
ChakatBlackstar Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013
Being forced to worship someone or be sent to a burning lake of fire is not a free choice. That's no better then being told to hail to a dictator or spend the rest of your life breathing mustard gas.
Add a Comment: