Closed to new replies
February 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 466

Christians who claim to "hate the sin but love the sinner"

:icondelusionalhamster:
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Particularly, I see this claim made about homosexuals (and I guess bisexuals, trans people, et c, if they even acknowledge those exist) and particularly, from christians, although representatives of other religions do make it from time to time.

How exactly can christians claim that they "love" the homosexuals, or even that they have no problem with them, but then turn around and tell them that they should change who they are, because otherwise they're horrible sinners? Do they not see the contradiction?

It's like if I told them "I don't hate christians, but I think the act of christianity is wrong. It's ok to be a christian, but I'm going to persecute you to all hell if you dare worship your deity publicly, or do anything... christiany." Would that make sense in any way?

Homophobic christians, please, at least have some backbone and tell it straight out how it is - say that you hate homosexuals, at least you'd be honest. Horribly bigoted and hateful, but honest.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconvictorywept:
VictoryWept Featured By Owner Apr 8, 2013  Student Digital Artist
They say these things because it allows them to get away with being a bigot, and still feel self-righteous.
:iconripley4o77:
ripley4O77 Featured By Owner Apr 1, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's like the previous pope said divorce is a sin...and homosexuality is a sin...doesn't that make gay people who were already married some kind of paradox? Imean the pope doesn't want them to get divorced so does that mean he approves?
:iconhorrificsensation:
HorrificSensation Featured By Owner Mar 31, 2013
this is why im an atheist! :D
:icondamonos777:
DamonOS777 Featured By Owner Mar 30, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
This is how I think of it: You can "hate" the fact that a man is blind, but you can still love him, you just "hate" the fact that there is nothing you can do for him, cuz that's just how it is. That's how I see it anyways.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Mar 30, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
The New Atheists say they hate the religious belief but not the religious believer. It is absolute bullshit if you ask me. To me, the personal is politics and politics is shit.
:icontimehasanend:
TimeHasAnEnd Featured By Owner Apr 1, 2013  Hobbyist
What do you know about religious? Your an atheiest.
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Apr 3, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
And you can't even type a three word sentence without fucking up, so I don't think your opinion really counts for much. :lol:
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Apr 2, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I won't get into politics with you.
:iconvictorianexcentric:
VictorianExcentric Featured By Owner Mar 28, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
>Homophobic christians, please, at least have some backbone and tell it straight out how it is - say that you hate homosexuals, at least you'd be honest. Horribly bigoted and hateful, but honest.

For the most part, it appears to be self-loathing, [link] and [link] . And a decent popular science summary, [link] .

Those people deserve our pity more than anything else, that and some therapy.

VE.
:iconsythgara:
Sythgara Featured By Owner Mar 28, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
hm, I'm not sure how to respond to your examples, but in the very basic sense of it I think that it goes something like this: Everyone makes mistakes and deserve to be forgiven. If you choose to sin constantly then I don't know what to say to that.
Add a Comment: