Closed to new replies
February 11, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 246

So.....the Pope is resigning

:iconrayvenstar:
Rayvenstar Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Just came in as breaking news. Pope Benedict XVI is resigning....

There's not much on it so far. Some are saying it's due to a decline in health and others are saying no reason has been given. Time will tell I suppose.

I always thought Popes couldn't resign.....

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconh-irsch:
h-irsch Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Even though I have an extreme dislike for the Catholic Church and the Vatican, I can't help but sit back and wonder what will happen next.

If we get a new Pope, who will it be? Most likely somebody who isn't a decent human being but hey, that's simply how life is.
:iconapricots-from-nara:
Apricots-from-Nara Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Student General Artist
And lightning struck the vatican.

THE ANTI-CHRIST IS COMING!
:iconh-irsch:
h-irsch Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I won't be surprised if that shit happens soon. If anything happens, there will always be religions folks who will run around and scream that the dark anti-Christ is going to arrive very soon while months pass and nothing happens.
:iconhanciong:
hanciong Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I always thought Popes couldn't resign..... --> yeah, me too
:iconjessaflux:
JessaFlux Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013   Photographer
They can when they get that old and are maybe facing dementia. Better to resign than get kicked out.
:iconnecroraevyn:
NecroRaevyn Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Student Writer
"Just came in as breaking news. Pope Benedict XVI is resigning....
Good for him.
:iconmylastel:
mylastel Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013
Yeah, I even thought that Popes won't resign too early. :XD: But most people in their old age must resign from their jobs 'cause they may be at risk.. and the Pope will have plenty of time for his wife and kids. :lmao: Haha!
There were some gossips that other races will have a chance, but for me as a Catholic, I'd still prefer a European Pope other than Asian (like myself) or any other. :peace: And how I wish, they could choose someone a bit younger so he can serve for more years to come, just like Pope John Paul (my favorite).
:iconspudfuzz:
Spudfuzz Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm wondering if there'll ever be a female pope before the church's inevitable death.
:iconkeychain-xiii:
keychain-XIII Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well, he's apparently the first pope to do so in years. But either he resigns from being the pope like a guy quits his dayjob, or he dies, I still say good ridance. I don't care what position he's in, or how close to "God" he is, he's still a pedophile, he's still a quitter, and he's still an embarassement to society
:icondidj:
Didj Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
Well, woop-de-fucking-doo. Now the Catholics of the world will have to worship a different old fart. Maybe the next one won't be a pedophile enabling Emperor Palpatine look-a-like. You know I heard a rumor a few years back that they chose such an old man to be the pope because they were fairly certain that the world was going to come to an end real soon anyways.
Add a Comment: