Closed to new replies
February 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 79

I hate ignorance

:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Feb 10, 2013  Student General Artist
Ignorance leads to indoctrination, and indoctrination leads to intellectual, sometimes physical, bondage. If we truly value our fundamentally human right to freedom, we should make it our prerogative to investigate our natural world, and bring every ideal under scrutiny, regardless of its credentials. We should welcome the chance to challenge our worldview, as the challenging strengthens who we are as individuals, and thus grants us freedom.

This was the statement I made on Facebook. I have grown increasingly weary with ignorance, both in myself and in others. I believe the way I believe because of my own study on my own time. I don't like taking what people say for granted, and I constantly desire to test my worldview by challenging others, like many may attest to here on DA.

It seems today, however, there is less and less of this. As people become more PC (if I hear "politically correct" one more time...) we have more reason to embrace assumptions and less reason to challenge them. People become "offended" if we question their worldview too much, and begin lashing out in emotion rather than with rational thought. More effort is spent attacking other worldviews than strengthening their own, and before we know it, we become sheep that are easily swayed by honeyed words, trapped in a prison of our own making.

Thus, as society seems to be moving towards this way of thinking, I have to ask: Is it wrong that I take a scientific approach to life? Is it wrong to question and confront ideals and philosophies? Is it wrong to seek results, and reject ideas that fail to provide them? Should I only keep this way of thinking to myself, or should I confront others using this line of reasoning?

Sorry for the rant. It's been an interesting weekend.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconafter--life:
After--Life Feb 15, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So does Islam.
:iconmacker33:
macker33 Feb 13, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Only a problem if its wrong.
:iconehnker:
Ehnker Feb 14, 2013  Student General Artist
What if they're all wrong? 0_o
:iconmacker33:
macker33 Feb 15, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Then its time to toughen up.
:iconkimsy2358:
Also, hate is ignorant, your point is invalid.
:iconkimsy2358:
We are blinded by our self-imposed linguistic shackles. Without a noise society is lulled into an antidemocratic haze by PC. Have fun!
:iconalzebetha:
and what leads to ignorance?
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Feb 12, 2013  Student General Artist
In the case that irritates me, laziness.
:iconalzebetha:
Hmnn wrong. Usually when people present lazyness as a reason for ignorance what they mean is a lack of a proper position of their own and they are annoyed it got discarded as it deserved, ooooor they don't get that a lack of rational scepticism is rooted in a lack of intelligence, not actual lazyness.
:icontimehasanend:
Wrong! Lest "Satan" should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices...2 Corithians 2:11."
Add a Comment: