February 6, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 398

Does religion make people inhuman?

:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Or are they inhuman to begin with?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongreenwickpress:
GreenwickPress Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
I think religion is related to traits humans evolved while surviving. It can be great for social cohesiveness, and prior to our more modern discoveries (Of evolution and a bunch of other stuff) it helped many people with the irritation of not knowing what was really happening.

I also think that religion can't be destroyed because the impulse is too strong for too many people. I think it's better to concentrate on critical thinking, because when people can reason they are less likely to ignore important scientific evidence. Or burn people to death as witches.
:iconalzebetha:
alzebetha Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
Whys this question still going, and why have people fucked up the answer so much?'t is rather simple:

What is the origin of religion with its inhumane treatment enabling mechanisms? Man.

ta ta, that easy.
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013   Digital Artist
Religion is a very human concept. Soulless robots could not have a religion. I doubt amoebas have a religion.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
To be human then is to be a fool.
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013   Digital Artist
That may very well be true.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Children are dicks.

Really though, religion's the only reason we don't routinely toss disabled babies over cliffs anymore.
:iconkenota:
Kenota Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013
I'm sorry...what...
neurotype Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Christianity developed the idea of being charitable in Europe.
:iconkenota:
Kenota Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013
I think you may want to consider researching that notion. Many societies in Europe had concepts of charity before Christianity.
neurotype Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm most familiar with the Greeks/Romans, so yeah there's a gap. I don't doubt it's not a hard and fast rule but I think there's significant influence.
Add a Comment: