Closed to new replies
February 6, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 530

What do you guys think about Men?

:iconthe-vibeke:
The-Vibeke Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
So I saw the thread on women and I was inspired to make this.

What do you guys think about men? Do they really think more with their "down-there" heads? Are they really stupider than women or is the stereotype wrong? Are all men really jerks at heart? Because that is really what it seems like.

What do men want from a woman? Or from life?

In physics class we were learning about how Einstein wanted to create a "unified theory of everything" well how about just a "unified theory of men"?

Men and women are very different. What do you think makes a man a man? What are some common things all men share?

Also, I just don't understand the way that men think. They're pretty confusing. Some guys on this site are telling me that tickle-fighting and copping a feel of my boob is NOT flirting, while some real life male friends tell me it is flirting. Which is it?!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
*flashes of boob*
:iconsrmcbadass:
SrMcBadAss Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2013
...are you like 12?
Really?
This is a completely asinine question.
:icongrygon:
grygon Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
People are people. The end.
:iconrush-the-chosen-one:
Rush-the-chosen-one Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Look for maslow pyramid ^^ All your answers are there ^^

Food, water, a home, a videogame, money, friends, love, care and sexual activity (now necessarily with a woman)
:iconxxevilblondiexx:
xxEvilBlondiexx Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I wonder which has caused more drama. The forum about men or the forum about women?
:iconlong-range-engage:
Long-Range-Engage Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2013  Student General Artist
Eh, I wouldn't say men are any different from women in regards to intelligence, or jerkiness (we have emotions too <3), that's definitely an individual thing. Though, I'll give it to some guys that we might thing with the ol' divinin' rod more than we should,
I personally blame hormones and social pressures.

Some men want sex, some relationships, some friends, some ______: We, as individuals, all want different things :D

Something all men share. All men have dicks. S'bout it. We also tend to wear our hair shorter.

The thing I like about men is that they're generally more straightforward in their opinions and intentions, whereas most girls
tend be more subtle and rely on implications to get their point across (might just apply to attraction though X my experience).
Girls are cool though because they're more open about their emotions; many men are still on the idea that "being hard/badass/emotionless" is a cool thing to do, yet it tends to make them appear more as a douche than anything else. This things kind of contradict each other, but I would say that the former applies in public situations, while the latter does so in private.

~Cheers, Men
:iconava-ire:
ava-ire Featured By Owner Mar 7, 2013
they're just kind of there
there are society differences etc but i don't think about that much unless someone makes like...a kitchen joke
but yeah i don't think about their presence all too much
:iconpushyreeder:
pushyreeder Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Professional General Artist
i dunno.Neutral. i kinda wish men and women weren't so different.The world would be a bettr place.
:icontheamberghost:
TheAmberGhost Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013
living with men all of my life, *Old baby boomer hippy types with a cinical view of the world* I have come to lern that they are stubborn and quite well grounded in there ways, while not bad it can drive people crazy. Now most men are reletively quiet and to-the-point and quite blunt whitch would upset the delicate flowers that are wumenz but do not be disturbed, they also like to be loud, alot.

Now my dad is an exeption of the 'dosent talk mutch' rule some guys do, all his life he was mostly inverted stutter case and once he had hit his thirtys he never-shut-the fuck-up, some guys do this and they repeat themselves alot. Men are also assertive and a 'ok lets go now!' types with sprinklings of 'well wait lets see what happens here cautiously' here and there, oh also because of testosterone bits of 'RAR' can be seen in there behavior.

My theory is you need to train these jerks at a young age to be abit more flexible and aware of wtf is going on, a well trained man *Not fucking feminized, unless they are into that then stop that shit, it wont get you any where* Can be rather understandable and worth having around.
:iconknightster:
Knightster Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013
One could say that having a well trained woman (started from young age of course) can be also useful.
:iconsaevuswinds:
saevuswinds Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Student Writer
A lot of my friends are guys. They are just as sensible and sensitive as women, and my ideas towards them depends on their personality.
:iconrustyironmonger:
rustyironmonger Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
For the most part, I hate men, they are insensitive and they have a huge image to live up to, that if they can't, it's pretty much curtains for them as far as social and work lives go (especially in the US).

(full disclosure: recently uncloseted M2F transgender here, primarily attracted to biological and trans women)
:icontaylor17387:
taylor17387 Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Except for a few physical traits, men aren't different than women (hell, all men started being women while in their mother's womb!).
Different education for men and women is what makes the difference. But that's changing. Nowadays, when education is more equal, you can find lots of women with think with their "down-there" parts, and are proud of it. Or women who swear and drink a lot. In the times of my grand-mother, women weren't like that.
:iconthordis-system:
Thordis-System Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I can tell you from experience that about 70% of the males on earth think with their Dicks.
:iconsmkiller:
Smkiller Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2013  Hobbyist
So you've met every single male on the planet? An impressive feat, surely.
:iconmagusthelofty:
MagusTheLofty Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013
Procreation is a powerful driving force. Biologically I think there's a lot of truth to that.
Thordis-System Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
read my second commend on the treat
MagusTheLofty Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013
Do you mean thread?

The only other comment I saw was something about your male friends being gentemenly.
:iconsgt-conley:
SGT-Conley Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Men and women are all to often raised to be seperated by a wall of ignorance, hate, and xenophobia.
Governments have sought to devide and control their citizens throughout history, after all.

As the E-net is spreading, and more people are raised with it, we're seeing those sexist folk become far less common.
Hopefully, we'll also see the USA stop being ruled by corporate capitalist troglodytes...
:iconnashiro:
Nashiro Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Men for the most part are desperate, needy, obnoxious, insecure, and EVERYWHERE! I can't stand them.
Womankind as a whole would be a lot easier to deal with for the rest of us if there were less of us.
you are missinformed lol.
:iconnashiro:
Nashiro Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm merely observing my environment. But if I am wrong then lets trade places :P
a lot of men that are close to me me are pretty much gentlemanly. and act with care around any woman, or non woman for that matter, dunno they have a certain sense of honour.

but most men that fall outside of that well they think with their godsdamned penisses.
:icontachcavalier:
TachCavalieR Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Lol good question :D
All you starting questions have the same answer...The ultimate Unified Theory of Men!: "Men Are Simple" We don't really know to hide our feelings...so what ever we look like "happy,sad,flirty,etc.." we are :)
As far as I know the main point of thinking difference between Men and Women is that men work/think on a "map" or "practical" basis where as women work/think on a "landmark" or "Theoretical" basis.
What do men want from a women: Depends from person to person.
The things that make a man a man would be his will and outlook :)
The common thing shared by men: E.G.O
And about those ppl who said those things to you...it's not flirting :P Its wayyYYY beyond that!! Flirting is Childish and FUnN!! :date:
:iconmaddmatt:
maddmatt Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013
Groping...that is called sexual assault.
:iconknightster:
Knightster Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013
I love how everyone who tries to say anything other than "we're not that different then women, really" gets raged on by feminists :lol:
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013
while some real life male friends tell me it is flirting.
I don't think you should be friends with them. I'm very serious about this unless they are teenagers who dont' know jackshit. If this is an adult man telling you this, you need to get the fuck away from him. That's some MESSED UP SHIT. It sounds to me they just wanna cop a feel on your boobs and not get in trouble. If you're okay with them touching up your boobs whatever, but they should know if you copped a feel on some stranger, she'd call the police and they'd take the offense seriously. Ask them if a gay man (assuming these friends of yours are straight) came up to you and copped a feel on their junk, would they shrug is off as 'flirting'? That's assault if you didn't consent to it.

Men are like women. Not a giant monogamous mass of people who share the same thoughts, opinions, or even body types. The only thing ALL men have in common, is they were born with a penis.
:iconsaintartaud:
saintartaud Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Professional General Artist
I assume you mean "homogeneous," not "monogamous."  ;)
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013
I was going for monotonous XD That's the one of the funniest spelling mistakes I made this month.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
All men are better for women.
:iconoprahwinfreyx:
OprahWinfreyX Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Men are awesome, I've known a shit ton of great men and there are a shit ton of awesome men in history. I love men!
:iconlyteside:
lyteside Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013
+1
:iconpushyreeder:
pushyreeder Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Professional General Artist
*^thumbs up
:iconder-freishutz:
der-freishutz Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
"Do they really think more with their "down-there" heads?"
No retard.

"Are they really stupider than women or is the stereotype wrong?"
Well all the major scientists, philosophers and painters have been men, exept from a few people such as florence nightingale.

"Are all men really jerks at heart?"
Nah i dont think so, not all.

"What do men want from a woman?"
Just to be there really,with a good perspective on life and a sense of humour. Black hair to, black hair is hot.

"What do you think makes a man a man?"
If they stand up for a cause they really believe in, the only men who are not men are men who just do stuff to get girls. I know one guy who bases all his tastes around the approval of women, and thus everybody thinks hes gay. Fitting, although i get no gay vibes from him, fucking women think they can tell but they cant tell a gay guy from a straight guy for shit.

"Some guys on this site are telling me that tickle-fighting and copping a feel of my boob is NOT flirting"

tickle fighting is just to get close to you, have a good smell of you and such, and no feeling your boob is not flirting, are you fucking stupid? There is no physical contact in flirting at all.
MagusTheLofty Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013
For the most part, men and women do tend to think differently. It's all in the programming of our brains.

As a man I can say that most men think in more black and white terms. We can separate emotions from thoughts, and file certain information away better.
In other words I think men are a bit better at compartmentalizing our emotions.

Women tend to think more emotionally.
As where men think in more direct (black and white) terms, women tend to see things in million shades of gray. Which is probably why a lot of women tend to over analyze things.

Example:
Sometimes my wife asks me what I am thinking, and she never believes me when I answer 'I'm not thinking of anything.'
She's thinking every possibility of what it could be that's on my mind, and she just can't accept the notion, that at that particular moment, my mind is just spacing out.

And yes, I do think tickling is a form of flirting. I would never just randomly tickle a woman unless I was attracted in them in some way.
And copping a feel (unless permitted by you) is beyond flirting.
:iconbrassknucklesgirl:
brassknucklesgirl Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013
Women tend to think more emotionally.

How do you know? Can you site some scientific sources? or is this just some stupid idea you've got in to your head based on your own "black and white" view on life?
MagusTheLofty Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013
It's mostly based on personal experience, observation, and conversations with many of my female friends.
And a 5 minute google search.

Of course this isn't always the case for every human; there are various degrees. Everybody is different, and our brains are not all programmed exactly the same way.
:iconbrassknucklesgirl:
brassknucklesgirl Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013
A five minute google search could turn up stuff from biased, misogynistic websites rather than credible scientific sources.

Exactly. Everybody is different. I happen to know more emotional men than logical men, and more logical women than emotional women in real life. but I'm not going to say the whole gender is like that based on just my personal experience.
MagusTheLofty Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013
I tend not to frequent hate sites. If I'm looking up something, it's got to look legit, plus it also has to be on more than one site, so I can compare.
I also watch a lot of science shows too.
Men and women are programed to think differently, that is a fact.
Don't forget that between the genders we have different levels chemicals in our bodies, which also factor into our thinking.
Women have more estrogen, and men have more testosterone. BIG factors on how we can think, and react emotionally.
In a lot of cases our thoughts are pretty much a mixture of chemical reactions.

It's not like this thread sparked me to do research on this.
I've read this stuff several times over the years, and as stated, had discussions with people on the matter.

And a lot can be said for personal experience. When you start to notice patterns in both family, friends, and total strangers, I think you do a get a pretty good beat on how most of the human race probably is. Of course there is always wiggle room, and exceptions.
:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Being a man or a woman should not fall on what society tells you, but rather, be defined by your physiology. I find it unfair that we have to use society to judge what makes a man a "man" and what makes a woman a "woman". Society should not have a say in what defines you; you should be the one that defines you. Man? Woman? Other than boobs, and vaginas, what's the difference?
:iconcindertwig:
Cindertwig Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
Men don't think with thier "down there heads" more then women think with thier uterus, no they are not more stupid then women, not all men are jerks just the same as not all women are bitches.
All men want diffirent things from their partner and from life. Neither men nor women are the same in that regard.

"Also, I just don't understand the way that men think. They're pretty confusing. Some guys on this site are telling me that tickle-fighting and copping a feel of my boob is NOT flirting, while some real life male friends tell me it is flirting. Which is it?!"

This depends on the person and on you if you don't like that they tuch you tell them. If that does not work then try to get away from them. However if you don't mind then it can be both just friendly or flirty depending on person.
:iconnecroraevyn:
NecroRaevyn Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Student Writer
Jerks. Everybody is one, one way or another.
:iconvelvetfish:
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Student Filmographer
"What do you guys think about men?"

i wouldn't fuck one, but they cool.

it's more of a hostage situation; our cocks make half our decisions whether we like it or not.

depends on the dude/chick.

"Are all men really jerks at heart? "

not necessarily, although the ones who are only nice to get laid are the real jerks.

sex, connection, validation. everything needed to feel like men.

"Or from life?"

power, sex, and money.

"well how about just a "unified theory of men"?"

as predictable as we are, women don't actually know that much about men. they think they do, but we're as complex as any human (we're just not bitches about it)

"Men and women are very different. What do you think makes a man a man?"

taking charge, getting shit done. fucking bitches, getting money. grabbing life with both hands and conquering his surroundings in the name of himself, his family, and his own genetic lineage.

"What are some common things all men share?"

tough one. 3.5 billion of us, remember?

"Also, I just don't understand the way that men think. They're pretty confusing. Some guys on this site are telling me that tickle-fighting and copping a feel of my boob is NOT flirting, while some real life male friends tell me it is flirting. Which is it?!"

it's totally flirting; amateur flirting too.

any more questions?
:iconthe-vibeke:
The-Vibeke Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013
That is suchhhhhh a long post can you make it smaller?
:iconvelvetfish:
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Student Filmographer
i wouldn't fuck one, but they cool.

it's more of a hostage situation; our cocks make half our decisions whether we like it or not.

depends on the dude/chick.

"Are all men really jerks at heart? "
not necessarily, although the ones who are only nice to get laid are the real jerks.

sex, connection, validation. everything needed to feel like men.

"Or from life?"
power, sex, and money.

"well how about just a "unified theory of men"?"
as predictable as we are, women don't actually know that much about men. they think they do, but we're as complex as any human (we're just not bitches about it)

"Men and women are very different. What do you think makes a man a man?"
taking charge, getting shit done. fucking bitches, getting money. grabbing life with both hands and conquering his surroundings in the name of himself, his family, and his own genetic lineage.

"What are some common things all men share?"
tough one. 3.5 billion of us, remember?

it's totally flirting; amateur flirting too.

any more questions?

HERE YOU GO.
:iconwesmeadow:
Wesmeadow Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Part 1 (otherwise way to long to read)

Us men come in all forms based on our backgrounds, just like women.

What sets us men apart from women is our sexual surge, which requires us to be always in control over our bodies. Think of your urges x1000 as it makes us feel the way the the Hulk looks and acts.

Pretty much the surge is like Def Leppard song "Women" is pumping through out our blood system, metaphorically speaking. [link]

Even though us men are designed by nature for reproduction with having a surge of sexual frustration (RAGE), most men do have control over their bodies. We play sports and video games not just for the fun of the game, but also to give us a way to take off the stress and tension within our bodies. We will go for the kill in sports, swear out loud when we lose at a video game, all to keep stress off us and take our minds off sex. It is not 24/7, but it is tough on our bodies none the less.

Media has us men as "callus shallow perverts", but it is all in perspective. Is there no such thing as a "shallow man?" No. They do exist, just like there is women that are shallow out in the world. The problem is that standard guys put our foots in our mouths, where we mean in honesty one thing, when others take it out of text.

The men that cross the line in sexually attacking women, is not always due to the urges, sometimes it has to do with a need for domination over another human being (which is totally wrong and evil)or from mentally snapping as a result of the social pressure of living the "white picket fence American dream home, having a loving wife to come home to, and 1.2 kids", so the rejection after rejection pisses guys off as they feel short changed from showing that they can be that heroic good man ladies want, they end up falling through the cracks of society, making it hell for the rest of us men on trying to date. I would much prefer us guys do porn than go out and attack women or anyone for that matter.

When I did look for a woman to date and marry, it was on trying to figure out some basics:

Is the woman healthy? Guys get the pervert title over not going for unhealthy looking women. (we want THIS:[link], over THIS:[link] and THIS:[link] )

We love women having curves, it is alright for you to be naturally heavy set, we want you healthy! When I see a woman that looks like they have their own orbital gravity or "pigging out", it makes myself think that the person is not emotionally stable, who does what women say "nice guys" do of keeping their true feelings within and brought out later in unhealthy means.

Is she real? Does she have a mind of her own without crossing the line with trying to boss myself around? I dated the two extremes and I hated it!

When you ask a woman what they want to do for a date or where to eat out, with them always replying back "I don't know, what would you like to do?" It gets old real quick!

Also bad is women that have zero respect for a guy trying to impress a woman. If you are a woman's lib gal complaining over a guy simply getting the door for you, it becomes clear that you mentally have inferiority complex issues in thinking that the gesture somehow makes you come off as weak.

That covers the mind and body of what I personally look for in a woman, some guys have other standard fetishes that dictate what they want though, others will go out with anything that has legs, as they are not in full control of their bodies. (they hit on every woman to get love or sex)
:iconvi0letdreamer:
vi0letdreamer Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Student Photographer
So you're saying everything a man does is about sex?
Wesmeadow Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Student Digital Artist
No, I was stating about how it is for us men, how we have nearly nonstop chemical emotions going on through out our bodies, which we have to keep in check.
:iconwitwitch:
witwitch Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Student Writer
All human beings have "non-stop chemical emotions", as you describe them constantly. Keeping them in check is called being a mature adult. It's not something special for men only.
Wesmeadow Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Apparently you do not comprehend what us men go through in life.
Add a Comment: