Are divorced Christians condemned to hell?

Are divorced Christians condemned to hell?

One of God’s main rules is on divorce and his policy is ---- let no man put asunder.
[link]

IOW, there are no excuses for divorce and it is a sin to do it.

This view is enforced by Jesus and he chastised Moses for adding terms for divorce.

Divorced Christians, ---- statistics show up to 60% of all Christians, ---- are thus living in sin and I wondered if Christians thought that they were condemned because of their choice to divorce.

If you are a divorced Christian, do you think God’s policy just and if not, why do you remain a condemned Christian?

Regards
DL
Comments134
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
At one time it was ok to have many wives. Also wives were considered to be slaves. Rules and conducts change over time.
True but condemnation for divorce did not.

Regards
DL
Sweet. I agree.

Regards
DL
I do remember reading in the Bible that there are conditions that divorce are allowed. What conditions are these or from what book (Genesis, etc..) it is, I do not remember. lol.
maybe, I'll go check some time... :P
Sure there are but not abuse. If you are abused you have to live with it or be condemned.

Regards
DL
I love your threads. You're one of my favourite Philosophy & Religion nutcases. :nod:
Technically no, but if the woman initiates it then shes going to hell.
So either stay in hell on earth with an abusive husband or go to hell after death.

If one believes that God would create such an evil construct that is. Strange for a God who is not supposed to have evil in him.

If he did and what you say is true, then that is quite a loving policy. From a prick of a God that is.

Regards
DL
I've learned a new word today: asunder.
There goes 60 odd % of believers. Straight to hell.
As they deserve.

Regards
DL
Rule book again! So people have to live together in total misery just to get to Heaven? F**** that for a game of soldiers! They already are in Hell so it won't make any difference.
+ 1

And Christians think that that anti-love policy is just grand. That is how much they love to hate.

Regards
DKL
And that's why I keep well away from religion. Attracts too many nutters.
I agree.

The unfortunate part of religions is that they cater to themselves instead of those who have recognized that they have a spiritual side to their natures and do not get the training to nurture it from their church. The last place to look for God is in a church or in a book.

Regards
DL
This assumes no sins are forgiven and there is no such thing as redemption. :shrug:
Any who think that divorce and remarriage are sin are not of Jesus. He was of love and those who follow an anti-love policy are anti-Christ.

Regards
DL
Then why ask if it is?
To enlighten those who are not thinking for themselves and can recognize a loving moral policy from anti-love.

Regards
DL
Good luck is all I can say.
That cash cow for indulgences. Never. It is way too good of a con.

The Universalist Christians do not have it though.
They go straight to heaven.

Regards
DL