Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
February 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 135

Are divorced Christians condemned to hell?

:icongreatest-i-am:
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
Are divorced Christians condemned to hell?

One of Godís main rules is on divorce and his policy is ---- let no man put asunder.
[link]

IOW, there are no excuses for divorce and it is a sin to do it.

This view is enforced by Jesus and he chastised Moses for adding terms for divorce.

Divorced Christians, ---- statistics show up to 60% of all Christians, ---- are thus living in sin and I wondered if Christians thought that they were condemned because of their choice to divorce.

If you are a divorced Christian, do you think Godís policy just and if not, why do you remain a condemned Christian?

Regards
DL

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkingvego:
KingVego Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
At one time it was ok to have many wives. Also wives were considered to be slaves. Rules and conducts change over time.
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013
True but condemnation for divorce did not.

Regards
DL
:iconlyteside:
lyteside Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
No.
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013
Sweet. I agree.

Regards
DL
:iconhasay:
HasaY Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I do remember reading in the Bible that there are conditions that divorce are allowed. What conditions are these or from what book (Genesis, etc..) it is, I do not remember. lol.
maybe, I'll go check some time... :P
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
Sure there are but not abuse. If you are abused you have to live with it or be condemned.

Regards
DL
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I love your threads. You're one of my favourite Philosophy & Religion nutcases. :nod:
:iconrhichter:
Rhichter Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013
Technically no, but if the woman initiates it then shes going to hell.
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013
So either stay in hell on earth with an abusive husband or go to hell after death.

If one believes that God would create such an evil construct that is. Strange for a God who is not supposed to have evil in him.

If he did and what you say is true, then that is quite a loving policy. From a prick of a God that is.

Regards
DL
:iconsemi-surreal:
semi-surreal Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I've learned a new word today: asunder.
:icondadona777:
dadona777 Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
yes :iconmadnoesplz:
There goes 60 odd % of believers. Straight to hell.
As they deserve.

Regards
DL
:icondadona777:
dadona777 Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013
oh well :B
:iconunclegargy:
UncleGargy Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Rule book again! So people have to live together in total misery just to get to Heaven? F**** that for a game of soldiers! They already are in Hell so it won't make any difference.
Greatest-I-am Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
+ 1

And Christians think that that anti-love policy is just grand. That is how much they love to hate.

Regards
DKL
And that's why I keep well away from religion. Attracts too many nutters.
I agree.

The unfortunate part of religions is that they cater to themselves instead of those who have recognized that they have a spiritual side to their natures and do not get the training to nurture it from their church. The last place to look for God is in a church or in a book.

Regards
DL
UncleGargy Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Indeed!
:iconlbthecc:
LBtheCC Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
This assumes no sins are forgiven and there is no such thing as redemption. :shrug:
Any who think that divorce and remarriage are sin are not of Jesus. He was of love and those who follow an anti-love policy are anti-Christ.

Regards
DL
LBtheCC Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Then why ask if it is?
To enlighten those who are not thinking for themselves and can recognize a loving moral policy from anti-love.

Regards
DL
LBtheCC Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Good luck is all I can say.
That cash cow for indulgences. Never. It is way too good of a con.

The Universalist Christians do not have it though.
They go straight to heaven.

Regards
DL
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
This view is enforced by Jesus and he chastised Moses for adding terms for divorce.

No he didn't.
"5And Jesus answered and said to them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 6But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and join to his wife; 8And they two shall be one flesh: so then they are no more two, but one flesh. 9What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder. "

Is this an endorsement?
Do yuou see any qualifiers?

Regards
DL
I can read, thanks. Better than you, apparently, because if Jesus is chastising anyone here it's not Moses.

[link]
Let no man put asunder.
Yes? And?
T h a t m e a n s n o w a y f o r d i v o r c e.

Regards
DL
Yes, I can tell. How is that a chastisement of Moses?
It says that he only changed or added rules because of the hard hearts of the Jews and Jesus thought that he should have stayed with God's law.

In our language, Jesus would have said, who the fuck are you to change God's law to placate evil hearts.

FMPOV, Moses was correct and should have allowed more reasons for divorce.

God's law is draconian and anti-love.

This lady give her Bishop a look that I would give God himself and for the same reason she states except for heterosexuals.

[link]

Regards
DL
(1 Reply)
:iconmaddmatt:
maddmatt Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
No. Anyone who would ask is ignorant in basic Christian theology.

Of course we knew this about you.

"IOW, there are no excuses for divorce and it is a sin to do it."

Wrong. From the mouth of Jesus:

" I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Jesus gave a valid excuse right there. Do you even read into this stuff before you look like a complete idiot?

And no Christian is condemned. Christ's salvation wipes the sin slate clean. Another Christian theology 101 lesson for you.

I will enjoy your usual non-reply of youtube and insults while you avoid answering why you live in Canada based on the freedom you enjoy from the willing sacrifice of others.
Read his words just above.

Regards
DL
:iconmaddmatt:
maddmatt Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
I gave you an exact quote. Nothing above it contradicts this.

Of course you wouldn't know or really care. Knowledge is not your gift. Make sure to come back for more free education kid.
:iconthesurrealisticmind:
thesurrealisticMind Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
No.
Yes.
:iconthesurrealisticmind:
thesurrealisticMind Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
No. No no no.
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Student General Artist
Short answer: no. Long answer: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. A simple glance, not study, JUST A SIMPLE READING of the gospels would render this question meaningless.
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
This isn't up for debate. This is common knowledge fact for anybody who has spent any amount of time in church. It is no exaggeration when I say a five year old in Sunday school could refute this statement, because the answer is that simplistically basic.

John 3:16, buddy. The most well known scripture in the world, provides the only requirement to enter heaven, believe in Jesus. That's it. That is all that is necessary to get into heaven. This single verse is, in of itself, enough to shoot this statement down, BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

Romans 8 says there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ (which is, by the way, another verse that a Sunday school student would know). Thus, by that logic, Christians can't be condemned to hell. Period. End of story.

There is sooo much more I could use to crush this question, but I've got better things to do with my time, like Kenpo and bo staff training :matrixfight:. Please, for your own sake, take a class in hermeneutics and ACTUALLY DO SOME RESEARCH INTO YOUR OPPONENTS FRAME OF MIND before making ignorant statements. At the very least, your questions will be a little more thought provoking than this one was.

Jya ne
:icondanceandmakeromance:
DanceAndMakeRomance Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
Of course few people actually read the Gospels.
Seems you have noticed the statistics that show how most Christians are ignorant of their own theology. So have I.

Regards
DL
DanceAndMakeRomance Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
When I was Christian, I did my best to understand
Yes but ------ two things come to mind.

You must have uttered something like these a few times since you can think.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
Galileo Galilee

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
Voltaire

Seek God within my friend. That is where he is. I do not like some of Jesus` policies but in this he was bang on.

Regards
DL
DanceAndMakeRomance Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
I see
Unfortunately
Fortunately because if more Christians actually realized that they follow a genocidal son murderer, more would leave the church. Reading would make them brighter.

Why do you think the church outlawed reading the bible for so long?

Regards
DL
That's mad! Shows how corrupt the church is then. 'Hey do as I say not as I do' and NO checking it all up in the rule book!
Mad is it. Try reading a bit of history.

Ask Martin Luther how corrupt it was up to his day, those under the Spanish inquisition till only about 150 years ago before that law was repealed and any Catholic today who has to live with a pedophile protecting pope.

As to literalists and fundamental Protestants, if they could think, would tell you that having to believe in fantasy, miracles and magic is not a good way to train a healthy mind.

[link]

Regards
DL
Add a Comment: