January 30, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 180

Would you like to be immortal ?

:iconmihaihen:
Mihaihen Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013
Here is my question.
If you could become immortal, no superpowers do, you would just be a normal human that does not age, would you want to?
Also what age would you chose? Present, past, future would be pointless to chose since you would get there any way.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I want to be a stud.
:iconsarahreneecreations:
SarahReneeCreations Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I would not want immortality. It would be too depressing to watch every one I love die.
:icongeistjager:
Geistjager Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Hobbyist
I'm already working on immortality.

So far, so good.
:iconwitwitch:
witwitch Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Student Writer
I would be 25 forever, so long as I could still die if I wanted to somehow. I don't want to be left floating in the nothingness of space after a few trillion years when the earth is destroyed by our sun exploding.
:iconviedelamort:
Viedelamort Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I would like to live for as long as I want, which I know will not be forever but long enough in a good fresh physical state, however I could age at the speed I wanted to too. So perhaps, maybe 500 years or more.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Student General Artist
In a physical body with phsycial, I don't know if I would live here on this earth for a long time. Maybe just until Im not entertain with my self or get the option of death. If I was the only one, its a lonely life.

Especially taking account for people who live immortal on the earth in many movies, and animations. They would be impervious to dying, but after awhile, for certain people, it can lead to a lonely life. For one, which part is immortal. If the brain is pretty still physical, our brain still ages.

In fact, cracked list all the reason why immortality would be worse then death.
[link]

If immortality came with people who were immortal, then i probably would. Though like Kill said, I could argue I have immortality in my hands.
:icondidj:
Didj Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
Given that I don't believe that a glimmering happy paradise in the clouds awaits me after I bite the dust, heck yeah I'd be immortal. As for which age, I'd go for 21. You're young, but you're not too young.
Mihaihen Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
Tehfuq? How could you not believe that? There is so much prof... oh wait there isn't :\
:iconrhichter:
Rhichter Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
>He doesn't believe that our lord and savior, jesus christ superstar, will grant you ever lasting happiness and servitude to the almighty if you hate gay people and burn witches.

Laughing_Americans.jpg
Mihaihen Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
Suffer not the witch to live!
:icondragonflae:
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013
Fuck yeah, I would.

Can you imagine the potential that a human being could obtain through thousands of years?

I'd be a god.
Mihaihen Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013
A god... right ;)
Why not? If I was immortal, nobody could kill me.
Does immortality a God make? Or does passion undying makes one Godly?
:lol: Well, you're certainly philosophical today.
Philosophy is just another word for thinking. And i hope, with good grace, i think everyday. Even if only for what tea i shall drink.
:iconnaariel:
Naariel Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'd be 21 forever please.
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Professional General Artist
I think that I would like to become immortal, to live on into the future carrying the wisdom I've collected from the past, living through the ages and passing my wisdom on to those who chose to listen. Become a sage, an elder, I guess.
The only thing that would bother me, I think, is seeing my loved ones grow old and die while I continue to live on. But, at the same time, their stories would become immortal as I carry their memories with me. :)

I think I'd like to be in my 30's if I ever became immortal, because I'd still look young but still appear mature. If that makes any sense.
:iconalternatemew:
AlternateMew Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
That first answer would make it a yes. The ability to self-terminate.

Age? I dunno. Old enough to do things and young enough to not be old?
:iconkagamika:
Kagamika Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm a bit iffy about immortality, but overall, I would want it, it's awesome. Although, there are disadvantages...
On the surface, I can forever learn new things and do whatever I love to do. The best age would probably be around 22, that way, I can have a lot more freedom yet not have to worry about problems with old age.
But after giving it a thought, it'd be horrible to watch all my friends and family die or to make new friends knowing they would die before me as well. Also, the little problem with the authorities noticing there's someone who doesn't age. I'd have to forever move every few years or hole myself up in a remote area. Otherwise I would most likely be locked up and tested on...
:iconrionx:
RiONX Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
Yeah, that'd be sweet...i'd be 23 forever. After all here we are, born to be kings, we're the princes of the universe.
Here we belong, fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers. Hey... And here we are we're the princes of the universe. Here we belong, fighting for survival; we've come to be the rulers of you all. Oh! i am immortal, i have inside me blood of kings (Yeah, yeah!). i have no rival; no man can be my equal. Take me to the future of you all.
Born to be kings, princes of the universe. Fighting and free, got your world in my hand. i'm here for your love and i'll make my stand. We were born to be princes of the universe. No man could understand my power is in my own hands.
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh People talk about you, people say you've had your day. i'm a man that will go far. Fly the moon and reach for the stars with my sword and head held high. Got to pass the test first time, yeah.
i know that people talk about me, i hear it every day. But I can prove them wrong 'cause I'm right first time, Yeah yeah.
Alright, let's go, let's go, Haha! Yeah...watch this man fly Bring on the girls
C'mon C'mon C'mon! Here we are (here we are) born to be kings, we're princes of the universe. Here will we belong
Born to be kings, princes of the universe. Fighting and free, got your world in my hand. i'm here for your love and i'll make my stand.

We were born to be princes of the universe.
:icongreenhunter:
GreenHunter Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Immortality would present quite a few opportunities I think to learn and study. As for age, this age would suit me fine which is near enough to 30. I'm old enough to know myself and my mind but still young enough to not be afflicted by anything that is brought on by age so I am able to enjoy my immortality.
:iconsolaireplz:
SolairePlz Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
Alas, I already am! The brand known as the accursed Darksign has afflicted me with undeath.
To be truthful, it all isn't so bad!
:iconll-c:
LL-c Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I would tack on another 100-300 years at 27 y.o. to try to read up on and grasp as many philosophies, theories, etc. as possible. I would also travel EVERYWHERE, improve my art, and watch the world progress; the latter of which would probably be my biggest reason for living longer. Any more time than that, though, and I think it would become a curse.
Mihaihen Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
I think that hole immortality is crap is just that, crap. People just like to make up reasons they don't want something they actually do want.
:iconll-c:
LL-c Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Student Digital Artist
As in, everyone actually wants immortality? I think that's very untrue. Even if you don't care about all your loved ones dying before you, there's another problem. Everything would seem pointless after living that long, sort of like how if you say a word over and over again it doesn't sound like a word anymore. If you were immortal you'd just do the same things over and over again until nothing had meaning anymore. You'd just get depressed. I would, anyway.
:icondariadzyuba:
DariaDzyuba Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Why not? And age between 26 - 28.
:iconartificialphantom:
ARTificialphanTOM Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
25 would be the best age. I think I would get really bored though if I had to live forever.
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Immortal as in always HEALS and can't be hurt, or immortal as in never dies? I don't want to live forever all super messed up or something. That would suck.

What age? Well I'd like to knock myself back to maybe my early twenties before all these injuries started to add up.

But if immortal means 'heals up just fine' I'd just take the healing and stay the age I am now. The only mobility issues I have are due to old injuries.

So, age somewhere between maybe 25-35.
" immortal as in never dies" you could still lose limbs and stuff :)
What injuries do you have and how did you get them?
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
I used to break horses. And they broke me.

Pretty much every joint on the left side of my body is screwed up and I have lower back problems, and have had so many concussions I actually have mental issues from it :(
Well i too have mental issues, not from concussions do, and it's amsum :D
What is your age. If your under 30 odds are i can help with some advice and you could recover your joints ;) I am a fit nut and i know stuff.
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Nah, I'm over 30 and I've got training in physical therapy :)
It's kinda hard to recover when your over 3o. Worth a try do. I am 26, and even do i work out and eat reasonably well i can see the first signs that my body is aging. Not as energetic as i used to be, i don't recover from an intense workout as well as i did. I start to get pains in places i never even realized i have, etc. Aging sucks ;_;
:iconsiegeonthorstadt:
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
than i would be inorganic. i think thats the ultimate stage that the organics race towards anyway
:icontaylor17387:
taylor17387 Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
That sounds to me much more horrible than dying. Seeing how everybody around you, all the persons you've met, die around you while you have to stay there forever. And the burden of memories and knowledge would be overwhelming for your mind in the end.
Also, all good things would start losing meaning in due time. Just as if you were in permanent holidays, you'd get bored and they wouldn't feel like holidays anymore.
Says you :P Once i holidayed for a year... wish i was still on that holiday! Passed so fast ;_;
Y u no last longer amsum hollydays?
taylor17387 Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Pts! Unemployed are in permament holidays and don't enjoy their free time too much.
It is not a vacation if you worry about moneyz :(
Still, there are lots of activities that you could do without money, like reading books in the library, or writing a novel, or doing exercise, so unemployed could use their free time to do productive things if they wanted. But the fact is that most get depressed and unmotivated, and don't value free time anymore.
The same would happen if you were immortal: lots of time to do things, but little motivation to do them. One reason why you make the effort to accomplish something, is because you know you have to do it now or never. If you had the whole eternity to paint something, for example, would you ever finish your painting?
Reading books would just remind you of all the things you can't do cause your broke.
Writing a novel broke?!? You can't travel nowhere, can't buy nothing, can't party, can't buy a gift for a special some one. Seriously where are you gonna get your inspiration from? Not many writers i know wrote successful books from their mom's basement.
Doing exercise is free? Do you even lift???
Engaging in even the most basic or sporting activity will cost you a lot of money, it is one of the most expensive things you can do. Trust me i know.
What, reading books will remind you of all the things you can't do without money?
Then nobody must like reading superhero comics, since it would remind you of all the things you can't do, not being a superhero and all that.
And since when do you need to travel a lot and spend money to get inspired? Some of the best writers that have ever been were poor as rats, and I'm sure most sci-fi/fantasy writers are basement dwellers.
And exercise isn't free? I do exercise at home many days and it doesn't cost me a cent.

You're supposing that unemployed are so extremely poor that they can't even afford a pencil and a piece of paper, but that's false. Most of them receive enough money from the State to survive, or have employed spouses.
They don't enjoy their free time because they have too much, and thus it has no meaning for them, not because they have absolutely no money.
The same happens with people that are forced to retire too early. Lots of them don't like it, even when they have money.
:iconsilentkingdom:
SilentKingdom Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
No. I can't imagine what I'll do a million years from if I were to be immortal.
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Converse with your intelligent genetically engineered crocodiles on the merits of living on this side of the galaxy or the other one.
SilentKingdom Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013
Hmm, If I'd known I would make such interesting companions, I would've said yes! I wonder what other oddities I'll come across? As a group, we might appear intimidating..
SilentKingdom Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
*from now
:iconnonecansee:
nonecansee Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist
But if you were immortal, you'd live long enough (and more) to figure out what to want to do :)

To each his own, I guess, haha.
SilentKingdom Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
Haha, true.

I just imagine it would get repetitive after a while, unless I was able to leave this planet and explore other ones deemed habitable for humans.
:iconnonecansee:
nonecansee Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist
Oh, progress marches ever onward. :) If you were immortal, you could watch it unfold and be one of the very first tourists or deep space explorers too!

haha :)
:icontheaatherea:
TheaAtherea Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013   General Artist
Absolutely. My greatest fear is what may or may not come after death. Never having to face that, assuming I'm careful, would be a dream come true to me. I'd choose to be the age I am now, 24. I'm young and healthy, but old enough not to have limitations on what I can and can't do.
Add a Comment: