Closed to new replies
January 26, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 39

The Spirit Realm

:iconthesurrealisticmind:
thesurrealisticMind Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
For all the Christians, Muslims, Spiritualists, Witches and any other person who believes in such things, how do you interact with this realm. Do you need a guide? Or do you just enter some trance-like state? Do you believe it is cut off from our world and filled with its own beings, or do you think it is interwoven with ours?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkenota:
Kenota Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
Spirituality is ultimately a kind of meta- or pataphor. It is the world of symbolic allegory for this one. It is a product of the mind, and is within the minds of humanity.
To correct myself, a sense of "spirit realm", not spirituality as a whole.
So your saying its all attainable through our minds and our minds only? No possibility of a world with spiritual beings?
I'm not saying there is no possibility, but it is my conviction that the experiences of a spirit realm to date more closely resemble the exploration of the interior of the mind than of some exterior world of spiritual beings.
That said, this by no means degrades their meaning, if anything it infuses them with deeper meaning. For these realms exist within are, and are part of us, and can be discovered and explored.
Within my own spirituality, the concept of exploring spiritual worlds, especially through the aid of entheogens, is rich and central, so by no means do I intend to suggest that these planes are somehow unreal or faked. It is just that their nature is not as it might initially be supposed.
That's an interesting way to look at it. Thanks for sharing!
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Spirituality is madness.
You don't believe there could be more to this world than just the physical aspects?
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
There is nothing external to reality.
:iconstoneman123:
stoneman123 Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Here's my theory for how they do it: you must first really, really want to believe it, cast aside your logical reasoning, meditate, do drugs, have a weird dream, or whatever, then mentally distort that totally ordinary experience until you believe you have reached the spirit realm.

It's nonsense, in other words.
So its safe to say you don't believe in any possibility of there being higher levels of existence? Or simply spiritual realms?
Add a Comment: