Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 24, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 110

dA's affinity for physical violence disturbs me.

:iconvaz612:
Vaz612 Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I recently made a thread on the forums here complaining about a recent ordeal of cyber/psychological bullying I went through that's recently started up again.

At least 50% of the comments are telling me I need to stop being a 12 year old whiny little girl and wreck them.

And I stated that I'm 19. Beating someone up when you're 19 is called "Assault and Battery".

Does the law just not ring any alarms for people anymore? Have we really become that desensitized to violence? Or is this a freak occurrence on this site? Either way, it's definitely a sign that something isn't quite right. o_o;

Devious Comments

:icondxd:
dxd Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Closed at request of OP
:icondaniel-gleebits:
Daniel-Gleebits Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Pay no mind to it, it's just the nature of the internet. People get some kind of confidence from being behind a computer screen where no physical harm or retaliation can come from their attacks. One can only empower them by reacting to it.

:flaguk::salute:
:iconmacker33:
macker33 Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
DA's bad spell checker bothers me.
:iconhungryartistsunited:
hungryartistsunited Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
Pixel art-vertising: [link]
:iconelmida:
Elmida Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
The only reason I still haven't beaten up two of my class mates is because I don't want a criminal record or to be kicked out of school. Otherwise I would have loved to grab them by the hair and smash their faces into the wall until they bled.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Student General Artist
Ok, calm down. You have to be aware this is the internet, there has some awareness to it:
[link]

and that mostly there is nothing you can do about it, other then to block or ignore and just raise more awareness. Usually the gratification of not just cyberbullies but also trolls to react to the bullying or practical joke.

Its not really violent as I though you would, but cyberbullying can escate to thoughs of suicide. ANy type of bullying and putting a bandaid on it saying kids are just being kids isn't really going to help. But really, cyber bullying is too small to be something concerned about it.

The best thing to do, is never log on again.
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Then you kill the fuckers, and you hide all evidence properly. Don`t forget to kill the dog too. After you have had raunchy bestiality with it, of course.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
"assault and battery" involves actual (attempted) harm to your person. :confused:
They want me to actually attempt harm to THEIR person.
.....No I mean people on dA are telling me to beat the hell out of someone who's been harassing me for half a year now. That would be assault and battery.
:iconkell0x:
Kell0x Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Student Digital Artist
They weren't serious. They were either trying to tease you for not taken any action or just making a comment how you should get over it.
Did they say "bite me"?
.....No I mean people on dA are telling me to beat the hell out of someone who's been harassing me for half a year now. That would be assault and battery.
Are you familiar with the difference between 'figurative' vs 'literal' speech?
:iconshidaku:
Shidaku Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
Beating someone up who makes death threats is generally covered under self-defense law. You just have to throw the punch right after they threaten you in person.

Oh, by the way, DEATH THREATS ARE ALSO ILLEGAL.
:iconkell0x:
Kell0x Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Don't take it to serious. Like everyone else suggested just learn to defend yourself or just shrug it off.
:iconiriastar:
Iriastar Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
I read that as "dA's furaffinity".

Learn to defend yourself, is all I can say. You don't even need to use violence, just by using the right words, being intelligent and showing dominance, you can make them stop annoying you.

The block feature is there, too, waiting for you to use it.
Easy mistake, I suppose.

Yeah, his dA account was the one medium of contact I didn't cut off. That has now been corrected. And I'll try taking that advice, should they mount some sort of attack towards my character or social standing again.
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
You're surprised you got troll responses on a troll forum -- and you took the trolls seriously?
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
I told him to go Hulk on them for putting the guy through hell.
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
:iconhulksmashplz:
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
Yes.
:iconrocktzar:
Rocktzar Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
When someone is attacking you in any shape or form; using violence against them is justified.
"Law" has got nothing to do with it. Our society's sense of justice is weak.
:iconcake-fiend:
cake-fiend Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Using physical violence against verbal attacks is barbaric and childish.
Rocktzar Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
Only if you allow it to be.
cake-fiend Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
That doesn't make any sense.
Rocktzar Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
Sure it does.

Tolerance and pacifism are one thing. You (should) still have the right to get on the offensive if someone is attacking you for no reason.
If we tolarated every asshole who gets off by harassing and bullying others, then we would (in a way) be supporting such wrong behaviour.

You can't wait for others to deal with your problems for you, either.
It never works. You can to either take care of the bullies yourself or allow them to keep bullying you.
You can not (and, in my opinion, should not) rely on your teacher to punish the kid that's hitting you - or rely on "law enforcement" to punish that group of racists who keep attacking people on the streets. It never ever works.

Physical violence should not be the immediate response to verbal harassment. But it should be A response if said harassment doesn't stop when you want it to stop.
cake-fiend Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
You can not (and, in my opinion, should not) rely on your teacher to punish the kid that's hitting you - or rely on "law enforcement" to punish that group of racists who keep attacking people on the streets. It never ever works.

I said verbal attacks shouldn't be responded to with physical violence.

I don't know you got the idea that law enforcement never works.
It doesn't always, but sometimes it does. Why attack a group of racists and risk being hurt or killed if you can just call the cops? We pax taxes for law enforcement, we might as well use it if our only other option is violence. Maybe the cops won't be able fix the problem, but what have you got to lose?

While I'm less opposed to violence against constant harassment that you can't walk away from, there are usually better ways to deal with it.
Rocktzar Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
The policework example came from personal experience. I live in Greece. Over the past year there has been a big movement of neo-nazi attacks on illegal and legal (!) immigrants. Cops either show up after everything is over, don't show up at all or show up and help the racists (a case of that was even covered by CNN).
I've personally seen policemen saluting neo-nazies as they pass by.
cake-fiend Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
That's awful. There are definitely some racist cops in the US, but I doubt something like that would happen here.
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
What affinity?
Oh sweet jesus, thank you for a laugh amidst all the hate.
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
You're welcome!
:icondedizenoflight:
dedizenoflight Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
dude. please. you are blowing this out of proportion. just block them and be fucking *done* with it.
:iconsaintartaud:
saintartaud Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional General Artist
People say a lot of things on the internet they probably wouldn't be inclined to say/do IRL.  I would honestly not take anything they said seriously and assume they were advocating actual physical violence.  I realize it can be hard not to take things people say seriously with strong emotions are involved.  Also, if you did post this thread in Complaints...um, that's the last place I'd go for sympathy or calm, reasoned responses.  I'm sure you've been on the internet long enough to know what "lurk more" means.
:iconebolabears:
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
Whiners whine. You whine. Stop whining.
:iconkaput6no:
kaput6no Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013   Digital Artist
I can hardly consider cyber-bullying as "violence", it's annoying indeed but definitely not something worth rustling any jimmies about...
I know who's behind it is the thing. So people are telling me to just go break their faces.
:iconangelishi:
angelishi Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't appreciate you taking my words disturbingly out of context for the sake of continuing your overly sensitive tirade over to a forum that's less likely to treat you as the girl you are, kiddo.

I called you a 12 year old whiny little girl because you are a 12 year old whiny little girl, it has no relation to beating people, in fact I consider violence to be a rather childish action when dealing with confrontation.

Grow the fuck up, you nancy.
And I think it's hilarious that you think I made this post because you're such a special angry snowflake.
Ohh, you child. I was the only person who called you a "12 year old whiny little girl" and your reply to me was pretty much a TL;DR for this thread. You might lie about your intentions, but your posts are already there proving otherwise.

Also, thinking this is anywhere near angry just further proves how much of an overly sensitive little girl you are. :lol:
:iconlifh:
Lifh Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
Wow, look at you. And you think IM the troll! Hahaha! :D
angelishi Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Nah, I just think you're a wuss wuss. :glomp:
:iconlifh:
Lifh Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
You keep telling yourself that. :)
:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
I'm surprised if you of all people started this, that I got blocked already and you haven't been :lol:
:iconebolabears:
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
Hahahahaha!
:iconninebark:
ninebark Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Internet justice! :dummy:
He directly quoted me (me being the only one calling him a "12 year old whiny little girl") and in the other thread his reply to the aforementioned was this thread's title, regardless of the fact that I didn't mention violence anywhere. :stare:

Fucking overly sensitive manchild, he blocked you over bloody nothing! :lol:
My God, I bet he'd believe me if I told him I was a taco who can type on the Internet, if he believes all those ""suicides"".
:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Seriously. I know one person on the internet to commit suicide, and I have the location of her burial plot on the cemetery's index and her mother's contact information. :slow: But do you know how many people I know who's claimed to commit suicide but totally didn't? If you do tell me, because I lost track. The last time it happened was last week, and it was a fairly popular forum reg to boot.
And I'm pretty sure people online being "mean" to them wasn't the sole reason they did it, eh? :no:

I've known countless! It's ridiculous.I love their "I cam back from death!" stories, being in hospitals and all that jazz. I don't keep record though, I also don't recall any reg doing that recently, mind giving me the scoop? :la:
Add a Comment: