Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 24, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 110

dA's affinity for physical violence disturbs me.

:iconvaz612:
Vaz612 Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I recently made a thread on the forums here complaining about a recent ordeal of cyber/psychological bullying I went through that's recently started up again.

At least 50% of the comments are telling me I need to stop being a 12 year old whiny little girl and wreck them.

And I stated that I'm 19. Beating someone up when you're 19 is called "Assault and Battery".

Does the law just not ring any alarms for people anymore? Have we really become that desensitized to violence? Or is this a freak occurrence on this site? Either way, it's definitely a sign that something isn't quite right. o_o;

Devious Comments

:icondxd:
dxd Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Closed at request of OP
:icondaniel-gleebits:
Daniel-Gleebits Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Pay no mind to it, it's just the nature of the internet. People get some kind of confidence from being behind a computer screen where no physical harm or retaliation can come from their attacks. One can only empower them by reacting to it.

:flaguk::salute:
:iconmacker33:
macker33 Jan 26, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
DA's bad spell checker bothers me.
:iconelmida:
The only reason I still haven't beaten up two of my class mates is because I don't want a criminal record or to be kicked out of school. Otherwise I would have loved to grab them by the hair and smash their faces into the wall until they bled.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Jan 24, 2013  Student General Artist
Ok, calm down. You have to be aware this is the internet, there has some awareness to it:
[link]

and that mostly there is nothing you can do about it, other then to block or ignore and just raise more awareness. Usually the gratification of not just cyberbullies but also trolls to react to the bullying or practical joke.

Its not really violent as I though you would, but cyberbullying can escate to thoughs of suicide. ANy type of bullying and putting a bandaid on it saying kids are just being kids isn't really going to help. But really, cyber bullying is too small to be something concerned about it.

The best thing to do, is never log on again.
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Then you kill the fuckers, and you hide all evidence properly. Don`t forget to kill the dog too. After you have had raunchy bestiality with it, of course.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
"assault and battery" involves actual (attempted) harm to your person. :confused:
They want me to actually attempt harm to THEIR person.
.....No I mean people on dA are telling me to beat the hell out of someone who's been harassing me for half a year now. That would be assault and battery.
Add a Comment: