Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 22, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 35

Is the internet's fascination with cats the modern equivalent of the ancient Egyptians?

:iconhgwizard:
HGWizard Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Is the internet's fascination with cats the modern equivalent of the ancient Egyptians worshiping them as gods?

Is it because the internet has such a fascination with them because the cats themselves hold a seductive power over our human rational that makes us serve them as if they were our masters?

Or did the Egyptians worship because the wittle kittie kats r so CUtE! NAwwwwWwww!!!1! I mean look at em!11!

[link]

[link]

[link]

discuss.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconspudfuzz:
Spudfuzz Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Egyptians treated cats with dignity. The internet treats them as lulz vending machines. :saddummy:
:iconpristichampsus:
Pristichampsus Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Professional General Artist
The gays were obsessed with cats before the internet, so naturally, it becomes trendy eventually.
:iconsilenoswithaleopard:
silenoswithaleopard Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
I was wondering the same thing. I wasn't even aware of the kitteth invasion until I read it in WIRED- I must be living under a rock :,[
HGWizard Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Those little fellers are very very sneaky!
:iconaellawalker:
AellaWalker Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
Cats have managed to tap into that part of humans that love and want to take care of babies. Cats even mimic the pitch of a crying baby, because they figure out that's what humans respond to. It IS that they are so cute. Worshiping cats or looking at pics of them for hours a day probably both come from the same drive, just manifested differently.
HGWizard Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
So your point is that Cats = our overlords and masters?
:iconaellawalker:
AellaWalker Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
yes. you get it.
:iconsaintartaud:
saintartaud Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional General Artist
Hahaha, no.  Thinking cats are awesome isn't quite the same as worshipping them.  Incidentally, while cats are adorable, they're actually awesome because they are adorable fuzzy killing machines who assume you're there just to serve their whims.
:iconlaika-chan:
Laika-chan Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Of course. All the cat photos in my gallery are proof of my dedication to Bastet's creatures.

Nah, just kidding. ;P
HGWizard Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
or are you?!?! O_O
Add a Comment: